Hiding The Network Meter/mail Notif

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Hiding the network meter/mail notif
Hiding the network meter/mail notif
By xarsha 2020-05-26 16:12:45  
There are mails on my account that were never read before the service was discontinued, and now I have no way of accessing them and removing the notification, and neither apparently does SE support.

This wouldn't be as much of a problem if it were only within the POL client, but the constant flashing back and forth over the in-game network meter is visually disruptive enough to make me not want to play.

What I want to know is if there is any sort of UI-altering addon that might be able to do something about this, or barring that, is it possible to delete or otherwise obscure the in-game mail notif icon or that entire section of the UI itself so it isn't visible any longer?
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-26 17:01:14  
I was thinking that I could find the .dat file for you using AltanaView, but unfortunately the UI dats are generally just one dat with multiple images in one file and I don't know how to break those down. You may want to private message someone on here that works with custom dats and maybe they could hook you up. Sadly, it's out of my wheelhouse at that point. I only know how to alter music files or swap equipment dats to change looks and in those cases, there is only a single dat without... we'll call them "sub-images" in a single .dat file. Good luck and I'm sorry you're having this issue.

I did find this funny smiley face icon though:

By xarsha 2020-05-27 11:35:11  
I figured out what I needed to break it down and extract the image to edit in GIMP, but when I try to re-inject it with ChangeTex it doesn't seem to register the edits I've made when I view it in POLUtils... Not sure what I'm doing wrong.