So Chemist Is Going To Be A Healer?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » so chemist is going to be a healer?
so chemist is going to be a healer?
First Page 2
By Shichishito 2020-05-30 12:32:29  
i mean since everytime SE tried to give a alternative to WHM they screwed up and WHM still reigns king of heal, so i guess a new healer would make a good addition but i just can't get exited over a pure heal job.
since its ability based i'm also worried we'll se a massive influx of mobs AoEing amnesia nonestop.
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-05-30 12:47:07  
We don’t need any more damn healers. They need to stop locking the ones we have behind such stupid *** gates.
[+]
By lhova 2020-05-30 12:52:05  
Chemist?
By Draylo 2020-05-30 12:52:20  
Dancer was that experiment lol. Maybe similar but with guns and unique debuffs?
By Shichishito 2020-05-30 13:03:11  
i imagined chemist more of a club wheelding job, no clue why. hopefully finally a job that does proper melee with staff or club, wish GEO was a decent club melee since they most of the time stand in range anyway.

what did chemist use in the original FF game?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2020-05-30 13:15:45  
if it occupies any inventory with useables i'll give it a hard pass.
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-05-30 13:17:02  
chemist be like
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-30 14:59:13  
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-05-30 15:59:28  
I would think that a chemist should be using weapons based on... chemistry. (guns, bombs, poisons, electrical, etc)
 Sylph.Excalin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2020-05-30 16:15:16  
I think you will never find the bodys with a chemist
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-30 16:41:08  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
I would think that a chemist should be using weapons based on... chemistry. (guns, bombs, poisons, electrical, etc)

Elemental/Status Throwing Darts would be terrible. But I wouldn't put it passed S/E

Dont get your hopes up.

It would be cool if there was a greater selection of grenades though
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-05-30 16:47:44  
If I can toss healing grenades or shoot healing bullets at my party I’m down to clown.
[+]
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2020-05-30 19:24:24  
is this a meme? or was some information teased somewhere?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-30 19:36:47  
Shichishito said: »
wish GEO was a decent club melee since they most of the time stand in range

Actually, GEO is an amazing club melee. I have a set for it and Black Halo with Maxentius is pretty solid. On par with probably Bard Rudras. Plus you will always have rolls and Bard songs on, so you will have max buffs most if not all of the time.

The only thing holding GEO melee build back is a good melee set. It is left off of everything useful that has DA/STP and capped gear haste, and you have to make sacrifices to actually melee. You're stuck with behemoth suit or jhakri severely under haste cap. Also, you can't use a REMA because Black Halo from ambuscade weapon is so good, so things like su5 follow up attack is not practical to main hand. Geo also can't use kraken club, nor raetic Kris+1. You suffer in the tp gain department. All it needs is one good TP set and Geo will be very good supplemental damage
By Shichishito 2020-05-30 20:27:26  
even if you gave geo access to malignance and proper melee clubs you'd have to sacrifice stuff like pet regen, refresh, +geomancy or maybe -pet damage taken. i'm not sure if party mates would accept that.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-30 20:33:06  
Asura.Briko said: »
is this a meme? or was some information teased somewhere?

Wishful thinking. Before Geomancer was added, SE added a AoE party buff system from equipment (Sphere effect) to likely test implementation of what would later become Geomancer bubble effects.

Now Monbereaux was added and uses Mixes as his method of healing which is taken from a classic Final Fantasy "job", the Chemist; as if to test that sort of new job mechanic out.

With SE teasing "some big announcement 2 years from now", and I believe I read in a dev panel that they brought in some former storyline writers/editors from early game content, people are speculating some sort of addition; likely a mini-expansion.

SquareEnix staff just love to not flat out come right out and say what they are doing because their widdle e-peens get hard to the idea of "secrets they can't reveal yet" for an 18 year old game. I think it's a Japanese culture thing because they have consistently always been really hot and bothered for content they "want players to discover the answers to themselves".

To the people that are going to say "Well, SE panels have said they can't do any more expansions", I simply remind them that the inventory used to be capped at 60 and "they couldn't add more inventory" and yet... here we are years later and they bumped all inventory up to 80 slots, added multiple wardrobes, Satchel, Sack, and Case. Basically, I don't really believe what they say their limits are. They are merely limited by the narrative of what they can say they can deliver, however... I'm sure they can push more out of this game still. Even the 3 mini-expansions didn't add new zones or jobs. They just used old assets and barely added anything more other than event flags for the story and a very limited number of new dat models. They could likely do it again and I'm pretty convinced that is what their plan is.

We just have to wait and see.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-30 21:18:04  
Shichishito said: »
even if you gave geo access to malignance and proper melee clubs you'd have to sacrifice stuff like pet regen, refresh, +geomancy or maybe -pet damage taken. i'm not sure if party mates would accept that.

You overestimate how challenging Geo really is. Most of the time it's put up a pet and AFK. Dematerialize gives you at least a full minute to not have to worry about any of that also. And it's just fight dependent. Obviously if you fight something with aoe to kill your pet it's not worth doing. But in fights like dyna where you're moving, sure you can melee just fine without worrying about pet

But your argument was not about "this" or "that" gear. You stated you wish Geo was decent with clubs to melee within range. Which it is completely capable of doing.

And what is proper melee clubs?? Geomancer has access to the best ones. Geomancy+ gear?? This is not sacrificed. You use it on cast and can freely swap out. Your points are all over the place
By Shichishito 2020-05-30 21:56:32  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Your points are all over the place
simply because so much stands against it working in practice.
i wasn't talking fodder dyna D mobs, not to mention with a proper party you almost have to move again once you got your bubble placed and mobs tagged cause GEO really doesn't work well if you have to reposition a lot.

almost every NM these days has some sort of AoE spam going on and you want to wear pet regen/dmg reduction gear to keep yourself and the bubble alive aswell as squeeze as much use out of blaze of glory and ecliptic attrition. even if you just stand there and don't do any backup curing/enhancing/debuffing and just afk you'll want to wear the bubble gear for the above listed reasons. if you say screw it, use jhakri and somehow cap your haste you still don't have the -dmg taken and meva other melee have.

geo has access to most clubs but you lose the -pet damage if you ditch idris and you whipe tp every time you cast a bubble which is not exactly favorable if your TP generation is already slow. personly i don't know of any melee that put up with weapon switching/tp loss with the exception of PLD. if reaching PLDs DD output is the benchmark to be considered a decent DD then yeah, i guess GEO is a decent DD.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-30 22:07:05  
You made a statement about wishing it was more decent, I told you it is decent, and then you deflected into all of the reasons why it isn't practical.

The reason its not practical is because you d don't have to do it. Nobody is banking on your damage and you weren't invited for that. But if you want a reason to melee and pump out 28k black halos, so be it. Switching weapons and losing TP, who the hell cares? You were invited for your bubbles. Everything else is for fun.

By the way, I melee on Geo nearly every time I play the job and have a chance. It's not nearly as catastrophic as you are making it sound. Perhaps try it once and see if you can make it work. I even have sets for shell crusher, since with dematerialize up, I have a full minute of really nothing to do. Might as well build TP and apply a potent debuff.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-30 22:24:01  
Deductive reasoning.
By Shichishito 2020-05-30 22:24:43  
ok Buukki, you're right, i'm wrong.

Jdove said: »
Better question, where was it said that chemist would even be a job?
nowhere, just a assumption/speculation based on the monberaux trust and the tease for a big update in 2022, or was it 2023? not sure.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-30 22:25:52  
Valefor.Endoq said: »

Magical guns. Let's start with Armageddon.
[+]
By Quizzy 2020-05-30 22:39:17  
Mmmm, items become spells permanently (use a potion on the job once and you learn the spell potion). Carry some kind of sack that you can charge up in town with various elements, and then the use of spells draws from that charge like synergy.

Relic gear (etc.) can double (or more) the potency. Give larger bags to hold more charge, decrease the charge cost with a conserve MP mechanic.

Use Mix for .... profit!

I think there is a lot that could be done with the job.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-30 23:17:22  
Those aren't bad ideas at all, Quizzy. Pity they were posted on an English forum and will likely go unnoticed, or SE already has the mechanics they want decided.

Sadly, it will be a job burned to 99 in one sitting, be inferior to WHM, and fill the same roll of group healer that Dancer filled AKA: nobody actively seeks a DNC for main healing when WHMs exist.

Maybe if it could provide Yagrush-like status cures, it would be niche, but I just don't know until it's 1. confirmed and 2. I've played it.

Looking forward to it for just the ugly AF.

Banana Wal-Mart turban activate!
By missdivine 2020-05-30 23:34:10  
Another mule job
By Quizzy 2020-05-31 00:25:13  
I think they would have to redo some of the item buffs and that would be great. For instance, change stat potions to a higher value of add HQ versions.

Add new potions.

Boosting invitriol and having it stack with dia and geo could be great. Another debuffer with emphasis on healing.

At the same time maybe they could make potions not suck...

Hell... Let chemist aoe food effects that stack with actual food. Idk

Maybe that is where mix comes in... It lets you give two food buffs.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-05-31 01:32:23  
So did I miss some big news about CHM being a thing now?
First Page 2