フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Shura for TP
Shura for TP
First Page 2 3
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-10-21 16:53:13  
I'm not sure why almost everyone discredits Shura togi for ninja TP.
If you compare it to koga, they are almost the same piece save the ratt and racc.

I guess I'm just wondering why people who already have a shura would spend time to get a koga chainmail when they hit 74.

I'd prolly use the koga if I had both, but I dont think 2 acc and -4att are worth the extra effort.
Plus Shura looks better IMHO.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-10-21 16:56:28  
Haubergeon (+1).
[+]
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-10-21 16:56:44  
Ninjas are generally tanks or kiters, and shura has -50 HP on it...

Duh =p
[+]
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
サーバ: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2009-10-21 16:57:41  
Raenryong said:
Haubergeon (+1) if you need the acc.
AF body if you don't

ftfy.
[+]
 Fenrir.Didgist
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2009-10-21 17:40:51  
As far as TP, Koga body is a HQ haub -5DEX with no penalties. Ninjas that TP in haub should be lined up and shot.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 17:47:27  
Didgist said:
As far as TP, Koga body is a HQ haub -5DEX with no penalties. Ninjas that TP in haub should be lined up and shot.

You're neglecting the loss of STR by using Koga, which outweighs the 3.5 attack difference. DD Ninjas that TP in Haub should be appreciated for their ability to do it right. AF(+1) is better when you don't need the accuracy, as mentioned above; Koga is valid when you can't afford the evasion -20.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 17:52:56  
I personally get absolutely NO use out of Koga body (Or Shura, on NIN for that matter). As has been said, Haubergeon or AF body.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 17:54:03  
Not a NIN, idk either way. I guess if evasion is that important you're wearing SH or have already moved to Arhat's for -PDT?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 17:58:48  
If Evasion is that important:

A)You're fighting an NM or something. Switch to SH.
B)Refer to A.

Honestly EVA has no place in parties.
[+]
 Fenrir.Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2009-10-21 18:02:39  
Nightfyre said:
Didgist said:

You're neglecting the loss of STR by using Koga, which outweighs the 3.5 attack difference. DD Ninjas that TP in Haub should be appreciated for their ability to do it right. AF(+1) is better when you don't need the accuracy, as mentioned above; Koga is valid when you can't afford the evasion -20.

I can't think of a time where a ninja needs 5STR and 5DEX more on body to tp. I can think of a lot of reasons ninja's can't afford to sac 5 AGI and 20 Evasion, and if you're a DD Ninja for everything when there are many other DD jobs then you are really asking for it. If you're DD'ing on NIN it's because you need more survivability than a SAM or WAR. If you need the defensive capabilities based on what you are fighting and you absolutely need to give up 5 AGI and 20 evasion for 5STR and 5DEX to TP in then you hardly deserve praise.

And yes, Arhat's body is real.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-10-21 18:04:24  
Didgist said:

Typical idiot statement by a maat's cap owner.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 18:06:26  
Owned.

As for the TPing vs WSing thing:

NIN, more than any other job in the game (yes, even MNK), is a job comprised of mostly DoT. As such, adding STR and DEX to your melee attacks will, more than any other job, increase your total damage output. Especially when the bulk of your damage comes from melee swings.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-10-21 18:09:39  
Didgist said:
Nightfyre said:
Didgist said:

I can't think of a time where a ninja needs 5STR and 5DEX more on body to tp. I can think of a lot of reasons ninja's can't afford to sac 5 AGI and 20 Evasion, and if you're a DD Ninja for everything when there are many other DD jobs then you are really asking for it. If you're DD'ing on NIN it's because you need more survivability than a SAM or WAR. If you need the defensive capabilities based on what you are fighting and you absolutely need to give up 5 AGI and 20 evasion for 5STR and 5DEX to TP in then you hardly deserve praise.

And yes, Arhat's body is real.

Perhaps you have not heard of this new strategy in ffxi called gear swap macros.
[+]
 Fenrir.Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2009-10-21 18:17:19  
Perhaps you have not heard of antares harness. 5STR and 5DEX isn't going to increase your DOT to the point where it makes up for your fail tanking. Unless of course you guys let yourselves get hit on ninja, in which case calling me an idiot would be pretty moot. I take it you have all done 6 man cerberus, right? (The real one not nyzul/assault kids.)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 18:19:59  
Didgist said:
I can't think of a time where a ninja needs 5STR and 5DEX more on body to tp.

Needs? Never. You could theoretically go naked and DD. The fact remains that 5 STR > 3.5 Attack and 5 DEX > 2 Accuracy for DD purposes. If you're not DDing, why are you wearing Hauby/Koga to begin with unless it's in town?

Frobeus said:

^
[+]
 Fenrir.Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2009-10-21 18:21:24  
Enternius said:
If Evasion is that important:

A)You're fighting an NM or something. Switch to SH.
B)Refer to A.

Honestly EVA has no place in parties.

forgot to point out the massive fail that is NIN in SH. Somewhere Sath is punching your mother.
 Fenrir.Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2009-10-21 18:22:26  
Nightfyre said:
Didgist said:
I can't think of a time where a ninja needs 5STR and 5DEX more on body to tp.

Needs? Never. You could theoretically go naked and DD. The fact remains that 5 STR > 3.5 Attack and 5 DEX > 2 Accuracy for DD purposes. If you're not DDing, why are you wearing Hauby/Koga to begin with unless it's in town?

Frobeus said:

^

At least i'm not arguing with people who know what they are talking about.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-21 18:23:02  
Didgist said:
Perhaps you have not heard of antares harness. 5STR and 5DEX isn't going to increase your DOT to the point where it makes up for your fail tanking. Unless of course you guys let yourselves get hit on ninja, in which case calling me an idiot would be pretty moot. I take it you have all done 6 man cerberus, right? (The real one not nyzul/assault kids.)

Hey, I got a little secret for ya. There's these things called katanas. They let NINs DD. SSH! Don't be so loud. Yeah, NINs don't have to tank 24/7. Amazing, isn't it? You probably won't DD on anything HNM level like lolCerberus, and you're not going to be as good as a 2-hand DD, but you can DD as NIN. Crazy stuff. They even added this JA called Innin that makes you a better DD, true story...

EDIT: I said theoretically, dumbass. I didn't say it was a good idea or that I'd ever do it.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-21 18:24:13  
1) Even if you don't evade a single attack, ever, recast on Utsusemi is low enough to keep it up fulltime with a Haste spell.

2) Antares Harness? Seriously? On something other than THF? I'm sorry you feel that way.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-10-21 18:28:12  
I would personally go with my Haub+1 over my koga any day of the week. Especially with my Senji/Perdue combo if actually trying to achieve DD.

I assumed it was kind of common knowledge that nearly any job that could use Haub+1 for DD purposes knew that it was among the best period.

I'm not knocking anyone but again this is for NIN DD, of course you wouldn't main tank heavy things in it.... and isn't Antares Harness for THF?

Edit: On top for the OP, i really only see the shura togi being good for MNK DoT if your ACP body is tied up with something else. Quite a bit of this could be preference but either way I don't think I'd be caught dead with a shura togi on my NIN lol.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Natasdrol
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Natasdrol 2009-10-21 18:40:47  
i strongly recomend using nin af body to tp in if your acc is capped only because you can always swing as fast as you want. but if you can not hit your target its useless. if not capped acc, next best thing would be nq/hq hauby, hq being the better option of course.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dracondria
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-10-21 18:44:31  
ACP Body with ACC+10 DW+3 would be my choice
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-21 18:59:36  
Need acc? haub(+1) Don't need acc? AF(+1) Wasting your ACP body on a DW job? Mirke (10 acc 3 DW).

As far as DD'ing is concerned, anything else is wrong and you should feel bad. Eva for solo, and [insert some situational stuff here]
[+]
 Garuda.Feifongwong
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-10-21 19:42:26  
Vegetto said:
Need acc? haub(+1) Don't need acc? AF(+1) Wasting your ACP body on a DW job? Mirke (10 acc 3 DW).

As far as DD'ing is concerned, anything else is wrong and you should feel bad. Eva for solo, and [insert some situational stuff here]

LOL I was reading this thread at work, and you said exactly what I was thinking!
[+]
 Fenrir.Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2009-10-21 21:38:39  
What if you need the acc to tp and youre tanking? If you really need evasion then im not sure how 12 eva 0 AGI beats 8 eva 8 AGI. Antares is only an ichi piece for me, innin doesn't make you a DD, and theoretically stating you could DD naked in a thread about what to wear while DD'ing is pretty "dumbass".

I know you can swap gear, but people making jackass statements at the start of this thread about how Haub +1/AF1 is the only way go is pointless. You can't always sac the acc, and dual wield hurts your tp gain. You can say all the ***you want about Maat's Cap owners, I take the time to try other gearsets than you. If you think your blade: jin damage or tp rate has anything to do with endgame ninja then you are a *** idiot.

The fact is that there is nothing wrong with dropping STR5 DEX5 and picking up 2 flat acc in exchange for not having to tp in -5AGI and -20EVA. Some NIN's don't use innin and enjoy MAIN tanking not this provoke and lose hate in 3 seconds *** that i'm sure most of you pull.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-21 21:46:35  
People still evasion tank? Solo you may have a point (and even duo), anything in an actual situation where you have a party, elegy, slow, haste, march ect. You should be able to avoid getting hit just fine w/ the shittiest of evasion. Also, more damage you deal the better hate you keep. (Talking purely about DD nin to keep hate, rather than /drk JA/spell hate). If someone is doing a *** more damage than you, you probably won't be keeping hate off of them to begin with.

Edit:
"If you think your blade: jin damage or tp rate has anything to do with endgame ninja then you are a *** idiot."

What's this have to do with the conversation? In endgame you're going to be /drk and having an earth staff out, arhat's is the best to go here. Not antres, not SH, not AF+1, not Haub+1 not ect. This thread is on DD'ing as nin and which body is suited for it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Getsuga
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Getsuga
By Caitsith.Getsuga 2009-10-21 22:00:37  
Thought i would post on here.... i like the maats cap owner dude nin who tp in hauby should not just be shot they should be sent to the reject pty with the pups =) luv luv
 Leviathan.Annanaki
サーバ: Leviathan
user: annanaki
By Leviathan.Annanaki 2009-10-21 22:48:15  
Didgist said:
(mostly)Incredibly dumb stuff about nin.

Not an expert but, yeah. What everyone else said. Anyways, after visiting your ffxi page i had to go listen to minus the bear :D
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-10-22 00:12:19  
God, you can tell that Maat's cap holders for the most part do nothing but level, and don't really know this game. Makes me sad.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-22 00:15:55  
*points at Vince's maat's cap*
[+]
First Page 2 3