users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Whereisdi is gone
Whereisdi is gone
First Page 2 3
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-27 00:52:45  
Idk who owns this mule bot but he's been gone for a few days. Bring back please, I we do not feel like zoning four times to find the right zone (Unity chat is fail cuz Yoran)

-All of Asura
By RadialArcana 2020-06-27 01:33:19  
The person running this is paying $12 a month to keep this online 24/7 (and it does nothing but this due to not wanting to lose unity chat from zoning), normally I would think they were doing this "to be nice" but if you check them they actually wanted to make gil from this.

They had a bazaar with items in it to buy to offset the cost of the sub. I bet almost nobody was buying anything from it and just wanted a free service. So he probably just unsubbed it.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-27 01:35:24  
He was actually online yesterday
By Aerison 2020-06-27 02:20:22  
RadialArcana said: »
The person running this is paying $12 a month to keep this online 24/7 (and it does nothing but this due to not wanting to lose unity chat from zoning), normally I would think they were doing this "to be nice" but if you check them they actually wanted to make gil from this.

They had a bazaar with items in it to buy to offset the cost of the sub. I bet almost nobody was buying anything from it and just wanted a free service. So he probably just unsubbed it.

Literally on right now...
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-27 02:22:48  
The things you see on Asura...
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-27 03:33:14  
Whoever the person is that owns this account:

Thank you.

You, sir or madame, are a gentleman and a scholar and even though this service is a simple one, it is appreciated.

That is all from me.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-27 03:34:25  
Everyone is on Asura but their profiles say otherwisE!
By RadialArcana 2020-06-27 04:23:41  
If Square fixed the damn unity problem where nobody can get on unity chat we wouldn't need this person doing this. It would not even be hard to fix, it's so annoying they leave this broken stuff go on so long.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2020-06-27 07:34:34  
normally I would think they were doing this "to be nice" but if you check them they actually wanted to make gil from this.

The bazaar items were set because people wanted to tip him.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-27 07:40:40  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Idk who owns this mule bot but he's been gone for a few days. Bring back please, I we do not feel like zoning four times to find the right zone (Unity chat is fail cuz Yoran)

-All of Asura
You don't need to zone to access Unity Chat.
Just turn it on and off several times until you finally are granted access.
Sometimes you have to try even 20-30 times, but most of the times it's less annoying than zoning in/out.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-27 08:04:05  
I know that. You zone too find the DI. The time it takes before you get let in is comparable to visiting a few zones and checking the NPC. that's a really dumb way to find the domain invasion. I've done that over 40 times and never got into the unity to see the message, is awful
[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-06-27 08:06:43  
Asura.Ramsy said: »
normally I would think they were doing this "to be nice" but if you check them they actually wanted to make gil from this.

The bazaar items were set because people wanted to tip him.

^^^^^^^^^
The items are only there because they were requested, so people could tip if they so chose to...

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I know that. You zone too find the DI. The time it takes before you get let in is comparable to visiting a few zones and checking the NPC. that's a really dumb way to find the domain invasion. I've done that over 40 times and never got into the unity to see the message, is awful

No kidding. Do this 40+ times, and then it all resets and you lose your spot in unity the second you zone, only to need to repeat this step over again. Totally not worth the hassle. Only other option would be choose a terrible unity and hope you don't rely on trusts.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2020-06-27 08:28:38  
He's on right now though...
By RadialArcana 2020-06-27 08:42:17  
You know you could just ask in yell, someone that has unity active will tell you.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2020-06-27 08:45:54  
In my experience, everyone just responds that the yeller should /t whereisdi lol
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-27 08:49:02  
If Square fixed the damn unity problem where nobody can get on unity chat we wouldn't need this person doing this. It would not even be hard to fix, it's so annoying they leave this broken stuff go on so long.
It's not broken, it's functioning as designed.
By RadialArcana 2020-06-27 09:15:24  
It's badly designed, and as such broken.
[+]
 Asura.Whereisdi
user: Kosumi
By Asura.Whereisdi 2020-06-27 09:44:55  
Hello all! I just want to clarify a few things. I think the most important thing I want to express is that I did not do this for gil/money. I placed some items in my bazaar for tipping by request but it is completely optional. I have been surprised by the amount of support people have been giving me and I thank you all.

I started this when I returned back to the game and noticed the amount of /yell "Where is DI?" and the idea popped in my head. I made it just to see if I could do it. I shared it with some LS mates to test and it somehow spread across the server and in under a week I was getting over 1,000 tells a day.

If I'm offline, 99% of the time it is because my game crashed. I'm working on improving uptime >.>

I agree the DI notification/unity chat system needs to be improved and I hope it is someday so that something as silly as me doesn't need to exist.
[+]
By snakeplisken 2020-06-27 09:45:44  
This thread striked my curiosity a bit. When you don't know where the dragon is do you ask others in linkshell? I've never had an issue where noone in shell was playing while I've asked. And even if there wasnt I'd just do a search in the zone to see. Is this a more Asuran problem?
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2020-06-27 09:51:27  
There is always a lot of people in every escha zone in Asura so a sea all doesn't really help, also I managed to get on Unity Chat and no one would tell me where the dragon was.

Frankly I would have two suggestions:

1) My favourite suggestion, scrap unity chat which would include scrapping the accolades/spark unity chat quests and turning on/off unity chat will just toggle receiving DI messages.

2) Create duplicates of the Unity chats so eg Yoran-Oran 2, Apururu 2 etc that people will join if the original is full.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-27 09:54:19  

Yes, they dont need to advertise the dragons just on unity chat.

Plus, another NECESSARY change is to even when Mireu pops, they keep advertising every 5 or 10 mins.

When people are at 80 or 100 points, doing DI seems less frequent on small server. If some *** pop it alone, die, HP and just logoff, then the entire server wont notice hes up till its late in the fight... And Mireu need at least 45 mins to be killed.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-27 09:54:52  
It's badly designed, and as such broken.
Na.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-27 10:11:53  
You know you could just ask in yell, someone that has unity active will tell you.

I will always yell a random zone as a response to this. I have many mules so you will never know. May the odds that I guess correctly be ever in your favor.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-27 10:19:17  
snakeplisken said: »
This thread striked my curiosity a bit. When you don't know where the dragon is do you ask others in linkshell? I've never had an issue where noone in shell was playing while I've asked. And even if there wasnt I'd just do a search in the zone to see. Is this a more Asuran problem?

More of an Asura problem most likely. The Unity chats have a limit of people that can be talking and, by TERRIBLE Design, if you can't participate in the Unity Chat you also cannot see the notifications. Asura has had somewhere around 3-4000 active players ever since the Corona shutdowns but even at normal times its around 2000 so this has definitely been an issue when no one wants to use a crappy Unity Trust :(

I have one alt that stays in Aldo for this reason, he's almost always circling the drain and can usually get Unity Chat 100% of the time with him.
By Jetackuu 2020-06-27 10:21:58  
Asura.Aeonova said: »

I will always yell a random zone as a response to this. I have many mules so you will never know. May the odds that I guess correctly be ever in your favor.

I always say escha, because it's always true.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-06-27 10:22:30  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
snakeplisken said: »

More of an Asura problem most likely. The Unity chats have a limit of people that can be talking and, by TERRIBLE Design, if you can't participate in the Unity Chat you also cannot see the notifications. Asura has had somewhere around 3-4000 active players ever since the Corona shutdowns but even at normal times its around 2000 so this has definitely been an issue when no one wants to use a crappy Unity Trust :(

I have one alt that stays in Aldo for this reason, he's almost always circling the drain and can usually get Unity Chat 100% of the time with him.

^ this guy is on crack
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-06-27 10:54:37  
Jetackuu said: »
^ this guy is on crack
Sir, you have nearly 41,000 posts on this website, the one on crack here is you xD
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-27 11:02:46  
Asura.Whereisdi said: »
Hello all! I just want to clarify a few things. I think the most important thing I want to express is that I did not do this for gil/money. I placed some items in my bazaar for tipping by request but it is completely optional. I have been surprised by the amount of support people have been giving me and I thank you all.

I started this when I returned back to the game and noticed the amount of /yell "Where is DI?" and the idea popped in my head. I made it just to see if I could do it. I shared it with some LS mates to test and it somehow spread across the server and in under a week I was getting over 1,000 tells a day.

If I'm offline, 99% of the time it is because my game crashed. I'm working on improving uptime >.>

I agree the DI notification/unity chat system needs to be improved and I hope it is someday so that something as silly as me doesn't need to exist.

I never intended to call you out, I was mostly posting this tongue-in-cheek. I understand game crashes happen. On Asura last night, there was a mild back and forth about where you were and people were asking about DI, thought it would be funny to point it out.

In truth, I don't even bother doing DI when you are not around because its annoying and frustrating just finding whre it is. I will gladly donate to keep this service running. Thank you sir.

Few things:

"Why dont you just shout for where it is in zone?"
-Does not work, people troll yells constantly

"Just do a /sea all <zone> and done, easy to find it"
-Doesn't always work. Reisenjima is heavily botted, and skews those numbers the majority of the time. There is no way of using search to determine the zone with any level of accuracy.

"Why don't you just ask LS?"
-They have the same issue we all do, and sometimes they are not on and are not seeing messages either

"Why don't you just log out of Unity 50 times until you can get in, and then wait 5-10 minutes for the NEXT message to pop up"
-I shouldnt have to go into detail on why this is a terrible idea. It's just a terrible idea

"Dude, just go to the zone and check for yourself"
-I have ran out to to zones and missed the DI 4x straight. Zitah, no Vorseal. Ruaun, no vorseal. Reisenjima, no vorseal. Warp ring back home. Zitah, get vorseal, You no Longer sense presence. It is classic time-wasting.

Whereisdi is the funniest and most useful player on Asura BY FAR and I would gladly send him a tell anytime vs dealing with any of the above options.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-06-27 11:29:09  
I just log into a mule with the Drg UC and join the next fight on the mule then move on to the next mule until I get back to my main.

Still. Whereisdi is probably the most convenient and fastest.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-27 11:31:36  
Yeah sometimes when I check my mule for the dailies, it comes in handy to do it that way. But if you have a dozen things to do between mules and main before you can start DI, it's moot. Like I just logged off main, went to grab something from AH and check my MH, and now I have no idea where the DI is from 15 min ago. But Whereisdi is up, so life is good 8D
First Page 2 3