Cancel culture got EVO
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-07-03 08:42:00  
Draylo said: »
Christ this is so dumb, just really makes me roll my eyes. Why does this keep happening? Why are these companies pandering to cancel culture and supporting it.
It's because all the crazies on Twitter make all the noise, so companies think twitter actually represents reality.
If all the normal people made noise too, there would be 1000x more people fighting to keep the event going. But the problem is normal people have jobs and kids, family and friends, and don't have time to make noise. But the childless, single, obese cat ladies who spend all day on twitter and tumbler have nothing but time and are desperate to feel like they have a mission. If they don't get people cancelled, if they don't feel like they made a difference, then they will have to accept the truth: they are worthless.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-07-03 08:45:49  
Pandemonium.Zeto said: »

The comparison might not be perfect but we have a timeline of
Evo is doing what it should be doing in this situation but everyone's pulling out anyway.

Oh no a major person at Evo was bad and did a bad thing, time to destroy Evo! That's just asinine.

I mean if it came out that Evo had known about this and covered it up, that's one thing. But it looks like Evo found out, took action remove the guy and it wasn't action enough BURN IT ALL DOWN. Yeah that's cancel culture.
And there you have it, proof that no matter what you do for the cancel culture bullies, it's never enough. So the proper response is to never give them anything. Never bend the knee, never show them weakness.
By Viciouss 2020-07-03 08:52:12  
Smash Bros community rocked by allegations

Looks like the Smash Bros community is also getting hit hard by sexual misconduct allegations, soooo this is turning into a full blown scandal for the FGC. They need to get this sorted out before they even think about events. I'm sure its all "cancel culture's" fault tho.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-07-03 08:57:26  
Viciouss said: »
Smash Bros community rocked by allegations

Looks like the Smash Bros community is also getting hit hard by sexual misconduct allegations, soooo this is turning into a full blown scandal for the FGC. They need to get this sorted out before they even think about events. I'm sure its all "cancel culture's" fault tho.
Obviously you would defend cancel culture. Why not just change the name to what it really is, online bullying. People who dogpile on others online and ruin their lives should be arrested. If someone actually committed some kind of misconduct, call the police and press charges. This kangaroo court of cancel culture needs to end.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-07-03 09:03:35  
The problem with twitter is a few hundreds people can seem like an army, and since it's a worldwide platform it's easy to get people together to be angry about anything.

Companies need to get off twitter, it's amazing to me how much power so few people have over million/billion dollar corporations now.

There is definitely an organized #metoo movement at work in the video game industry right now, so many allegations came out of nowhere in the past month and all in the video game industry. Twitter and other social media platforms make it all so easy, you don't need evidence even. The pure allegations are all you need.

Someone made a list of all the allegations in the past month and it was massive, streamers, youtubers, pro gamers, developers, guilds etc
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Terlet Sangria 2020-07-03 09:22:24  
RadialArcana said: »
Companies need to get off twitter, it's amazing to me how much power so few people have over million/billion dollar corporations now.

See, I find that part refreshing. *** giant corporations. Dance, you ***. Dance!
By RadialArcana 2020-07-03 09:40:00  
Terlet Sangria said: »

See, I find that part refreshing. *** giant corporations. Dance, you ***. Dance!

Do you though? It's not hurting them cause they are making more money than ever, it's not hurting the billion dollar owners either. It's hurting the people they employ or the quality of products we have to purchase.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-07-03 09:49:53  

Do you though? It's not hurting them cause they are making more money than ever, it's not hurting the billion dollar owners either. It's hurting the people they employ or the quality of products we have to purchase.
Don't bother arguing. The cancel mob cannot be reasoned with. But it's ok. Every time they do something like this, they affect thousands of normal people. Eventually, a mob of normies way bigger than the cancel mob will form and the cancel bullies will find themselves on the wrong side of history. I'm not worried.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-07-03 09:58:30  

ROOKS TOOK ME TO HIS ISLAND! CANCEL ROOKS!

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 10:36:00  
Drama Torama said: »
just plain old "boycott" back in the day.
yeah, how did that work?
By Jetackuu 2020-07-03 10:37:26  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »

Don't bother arguing. The cancel mob cannot be reasoned with. But it's ok. Every time they do something like this, they affect thousands of normal people. Eventually, a mob of normies way bigger than the cancel mob will form and the cancel bullies will find themselves on the wrong side of history. I'm not worried.

I laughed at this nonsense, thanks. I needed a good chuckle to start my day.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 10:41:14  

That mob of normies usually let their voices be heard once every four years.

Case in point: November 8, 2016.
By Viciouss 2020-07-03 10:52:36  

Since we are doing extremes, how about this: Based on the allegations, and confessions, that I have read, fighting tournaments have enabled a rape culture that has been fostering for years and contains multiple offenders and who knows how many victims. Should we put the so called "cancel culture" aside and continue to allow this?
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2020-07-03 10:59:07  
Speaking of cancel culture. This artwork was banned from a game I play because it was deemed racist...
Unspoil at your own peril
By Shichishito 2020-07-03 11:03:21  
never heard of such allegations. tbh i always had the impression those tournaments are one big sausage party and the only thing to rape within a 10 mile radius is man pussy.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 11:03:48  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
Speaking of cancel culture. This artwork was banned from a game I play because it was deemed racist...
Unspoil at your own peril
I don't see how that can be racist at all...

Since we are doing extremes, how about this: Based on the allegations, and confessions, that I have read, fighting tournaments have enabled a rape culture that has been fostering for years and contains multiple offenders and who knows how many victims. Should we put the so called "cancel culture" aside and continue to allow this?
Why limit it to fighting games then? Why not go full-Jack Thompson and ban all video games because of their perceived notions you stated?
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-07-03 11:15:45  

I never said sexual misconduct should be allowed. This is exactly the kind or reasoning why us normal people hate talking to you extremists, and we're getting tired of it.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-07-03 11:28:25  
Shichishito said: »
never heard of such allegations. tbh i always had the impression those tournaments are one big sausage party and the only thing to rape within a 10 mile radius is prison wallet.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-03 11:31:10  

I never said sexual misconduct should be allowed. This is exactly the kind or reasoning why us normal people hate talking to you extremists, and we're getting tired of it.

Lol, so your pretending to be normal? I specifically gave a disclaimer that said I was going extremist, because that's what your doing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-07-03 11:36:17  

Lol, so your pretending to be normal? I specifically gave a disclaimer that said I was going extremist, because that's what your doing.
Sure, ok. Whatever. Normal people always seem like extremists to actual extremists. Anyways, I have no time to argue. I'm a family man and busy. You can keep posting here between twitter and tumblr echo chamber posts.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-03 11:46:19  
kbye
By Jetackuu 2020-07-03 11:52:57  
your
you're
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-03 12:13:03  
Jetackuu said: »
your
you're
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-07-03 12:36:22  
yer*
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-07-03 12:51:05  
ur*
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-07-03 13:22:54  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
yer*
YouTube Video Placeholder
By RadialArcana 2020-07-03 13:44:40  
All games promote murder culture, ban all games!

Rape culture is nonsense made up by feminists to cancel people they don't like.
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-07-03 14:51:16  
There is a massive reckoning going on in fighting games right now with several pedophiles, rapists, and other predators being outed among many of the top players, commentators, and TOs. Mike Watson talked about Wiz doing this ***with lots of boys in the SHGL days, the one in the OP is just the only one to speak up about it and attach his own name to it. This isn't about "cancel culture," this is about child rape. CZ, puppeh, etc etc etc the lists are growing by the hour for the last couple days. It's been a long time coming and it's a good thing it's finally happening.

For the "just call the police" crew: police rarely help and often hurt victims in cases of sexual assault. A woman got raped at an Evo I went to some years ago, went to the hospital and had a rape kit exam, went to the vegas PD, and they did absolutely nothing about it. Outing predators to the rest of the community is often the only option these people have left to seek any justice and keep others safe.

And for the "why is no one jumping back in" it's because Wiz/Joey Cuellar was the guy at the top and the one standing to profit from the whole thing. Given it was set to start this weekend, there wasn't even close to enough time to verify him being fully gone, financially out of the picture, etc. Fighting games suck online anyway so almost no actual players give a ***about this tournament getting canceled. Taking a moral stand to get pedophiles out of the community mattered way more to everyone involved, including the people that would have been paid to produce the event (see: chris ceglia's and all the other 10/0 media people's tweets on the matter).

edit: Just to clarify, the people "canceling" Evo this year are the people who would otherwise be attending and running it. Not online trolls or hashtag campaigns. I get the ire at that stuff, but that's 100% not what's going on here.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-03 14:57:38  
Asura.Friedrik said: »
ur*

Uranus*
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2020-07-03 16:56:19  
So, people are having soup. They found out the fat chef was jacking up during work hours and didn't wash his hands while making the soup.

Pardon me but as much as the environmentalist in me tells me the soup would be safe to eat because it's had been thoroughly cooked, I don't really want to eat it.

The co-founder paid an underage kid to look at his junk. How is that relevant to the game? The games wasn't made by him. What happened to the other people help making the game?

Sure, all the reasons in the world aren't going to make me let my product near the game. There are tons of games out there without the such baggage.