First Page 2 ... 8 9 10
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-07-07 23:50:49  
Update Notes
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57008-July-8-2020-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Items
New Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/July_2020_Version_Update_Changes

Changed Items - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/July_2020_Version_Update_Changes/Existing_Items

Digest #15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2s3za9r_tU
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-07-07 23:55:10  
Resources have been updated.
KParser Memloc: 0061e880 (No change.)
Boxdestoyer: No change.

One completely new aug has been added:
"Enh. Mag. received dur. " Enhancing magic received duration.
[+]
 Asura.Rawkstar
user: Rawkstar
By Asura.Rawkstar 2020-07-07 23:56:44  
Where's the stream Funk?!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 23:56:53  
Just savin my spot for the "holy ***that augment is regoddamndiculous" post

Also that, if Sheol B still contains no actual drops, it still remains "non content" insofar as that the only real purpose is to make gil (or save spending of said gil for the semantics)

So like, nothing is super broken. There's a lot of good but nothing that's mind blowing.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-07-08 00:10:21  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Just savin my spot for the "holy ***that augment is regoddamndiculous" post

Also that, if Sheol B still contains no actual drops, it still remains "non content" insofar as that the only real purpose is to make gil.

You stole my idea!

[+]
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2020-07-08 00:15:03  
If I can get an acc augment on the Demers. Degen +1 from the new odyssey then that would be great
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-08 00:16:34  
If people are still doing the "fk this content I'll just buy the upgrade mats" thing, I'm here for it. Holla at me for some 5m/99 scale drops that literally fall from the sky and will be under 2 in a month.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Casey
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2020-07-08 00:27:30  
"In addition to its previous effects, the magic spell Reprisal now also increases Shield skill."
wonder if aegis can finally block at a decent rate like that
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 00:30:43  
QQ ambuscade, that's a fun one

Quote:
02/19 Qiqirn (repeat) (support jobs cause level up and full restore, sleepable babies kill boss RDMRDMRDMRDM immune to GEO)
By alamihgo 2020-07-08 00:35:35  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Also that, if Sheol B still contains no actual drops, it still remains "non content" insofar as that the only real purpose is to make gil (or save spending of said gil for the semantics)
Wouldn't everything be non-content insofar as you could pay someone else to do it? And if making or spending gil isn't content, and content is only content if it doesn't make or save gil, does any content exist at all?

And if it doesn't, what are you doing in a non-content de-update un-thread?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-08 00:44:07  
Well, the shield defense update is an indirect BST buff. :/
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-07-08 00:46:08  
Digest mentions that the new mission content is on track for release NEXT MONTH already.

This is NOT the 2022 "big surprise".
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-07-08 00:46:23  
alamihgo said: »
what are you doing in a non-content de-update un-thread?

Giving his opinion which a lot of people agree with- Odyssey is by far the stalest event thus far compared to what we recently got.
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2020-07-08 00:49:30  
So the reason no one was playing pld is because it had poor defense?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 00:50:29  
cuddlyhamster said: »
So the reason no one was playing pld is because it had poor defense?

Obviously not, but it's not like they have a clue what the real problem is. PLDs problems are to put it lightly, numerous. Zero of which really revolve around its status as a wall.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-08 00:50:41  
Sangarius+1 Augs could be interesting. The endrain consistently price and was nice for that. The STR and multi attack wasn't too shabby either. The 228 skill ruined it though
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-07-08 00:54:45  
I'm curious what they'll do with the Perun +1 augment. That Axe is already pretty damn good for RNG as it is.

As for Demersal Degen +1 and Norifusa +1 I'm hopeful those augs won't suck.

(((ninja edit))) - Fixed Pangu to Perun because apparently I'm a numb nut
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-07-08 00:56:48  
Shiva.Siviard said: »
I'm curious what they'll do with the Pangu +1 augment. That Axe is already pretty damn good for RNG as it is.

Perun you mean?
Pangu is BST Su5
By alamihgo 2020-07-08 00:58:03  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
alamihgo said: »
what are you doing in a non-content de-update un-thread?

Giving his opinion which a lot of people agree with- Odyssey is by far the stalest event thus far compared to what we recently got.
What did we recently get? DI redux?
 Bismarck.Rwolf
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rwolf
By Bismarck.Rwolf 2020-07-08 00:58:48  
Either they changed their mind on Reprisal adjustment and made it a static Shield Skill+ or it's some weird increases Shield Skill depending on the enemy you're engaged with. Based on them saying:

Quote:
The second adjustment comes to Reprisal, which now provides an even further increased blocking chance against monsters of equal or higher level.

I hope it's not some convoluted thing that needs testing versus just being visible in the skill menu.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-07-08 01:02:48  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
I'm curious what they'll do with the Pangu +1 augment. That Axe is already pretty damn good for RNG as it is.

Perun you mean?
Pangu is BST Su5

You're right, MY BAD! I'll fix it. I meant Perun +1.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-07-08 01:08:16  
Still no update files.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-08 01:10:30  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Sangarius+1 Augs could be interesting. The endrain consistently price and was nice for that. The STR and multi attack wasn't too shabby either. The 228 skill ruined it though

The WAR/DRK ruined it even more. You put BLU on a bad boy like that and they'll have a fun time between that and Zantetsuken. Don't think they can add anything to it to make it a better offhand option to warrior dual wield decimation spam than Zantetsuken already is. My fear is it's going to be a colossal waste of a great opportunity.
By Chyula 2020-07-08 01:11:41  
give me more hp and +enmity on Loricate Torque
 Asura.Nyarlko
user: Nyarlko
By Asura.Nyarlko 2020-07-08 01:13:18  
Chyula said: »
give me more hp and +enmity on Loricate Torque

That's from the 135 tier, so not included in this batch.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-07-08 01:15:09  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The WAR/DRK ruined it even more. You put BLU on a bad boy like that and they'll have a fun time between that and Zantetsuken.

I agree, but the original bloodsword was WAR and DRK only so guess they just stuck with it. Also during that point in time, BLU was arguably grossly overpowered anyways, so i doubt at the release of Lumber Jill in 2014 they even considered putting BLU on that. (btw it's still a great top shelf offhand for WAR and DRK for some setups, especially if u don't have Zanetsuken, even before w/e augments they will give it tonight.)
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-07-08 01:19:22  
Files just hit. Let's go Funkworkz, I need ma crack
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-08 01:23:49  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
The WAR/DRK ruined it even more. You put BLU on a bad boy like that and they'll have a fun time between that and Zantetsuken.

I agree, but the original bloodsword war WAR and DRK only so guess they just stuck with it. Also during that point in time, BLU war arguably grossly overpowered anyways, so i doubt at the release of Lumber Jill in 2014 they even considered putting BLU on that. (btw it's still a great top shelf offhand for WAR and DRK for some setups, especially if u don't have Zanetsuken, even before w/e augments they will give it tonight.)

You would think this is the case, but then they went back and retroactively added rune fencer to stuff where the original items existed before it was ever a job (combuster, flyssa, mdomo axe). Not buying that excuse. Plus, when delve came out, they made sure to put BLU (and Red Mage, Paladin) on Buramenk'ah, so it couldn't have been THAT overpowered if they gave it an iLVL improved version. They purposely omitted BLU from the weapon that makes the most sense for it to use, because they were doing that whole "BLU IS BROKEN WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING" nonsense. They should have simply ninja added Blue mage to the weapon.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-07-08 01:26:49  
You would think this is the case, but then they went back and retroactively added rune fencer to stuff where the original items existed before it was ever a job (combuster, flyssa, mdomo axe).
Totally true, i don't know if they added RUN to the orginal version.. gonna look at my old *** hauteclaire and see lol........once this update is over..if my coffee does n't wear off....
 Ragnarok.Casey
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2020-07-08 01:30:08  
You would think this is the case, but then they went back and retroactively added rune fencer to stuff where the original items existed before it was ever a job (combuster, flyssa, mdomo axe).

the pattern seems to be that jobs can use a certain "class" of weapons, e.g. DRG and RDM can use all fleuret style swords, but only select fleurets can be used by more than those two. SE usually doesn't stray from this, but they probably did it with Buramenk'ah so they didnt have to add another drop just for BLU, even though that "type" of sword was never usable by BLU to begin with. the retroactive stuff is probably aligned with certain types too.

i'm still mad about sky god gear though
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10