Qiqirn Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4
By tyalangan 2020-07-08 00:50:49  
Will continue to update OP with info.

BG Ambuscade Page

Key Item Locations:
Lebros Cavern, Private 2nd Class Assault: "Excavation Duty"
Lebros Cavern, Chief Sergeant Assault "Egg Conservation"
Caedarva Mire HP #1 outside Nashmau has Qiqirns during the Daytime 4:00-20:00.
Alzadaal Undersea Ruins (15 minute respawn timer)
Aydeewa Subterrane, scattered through zone, try the Voidwatch and UNM warps.

Videos:
BLU Solo E
RDM Solo VD (30 minutes)
Party VD
Party VD No BLU (RDM Centric)

Ruaumoko said: »
Yeah, GEO/COR/BRD/SMN do not work here.

You have to use your head to work around the lack of those support jobs.

DNC is absolutely badass in this fight as is DRG.
BLU should be part of any setup to reach Magic Haste cap.
WAR's Warcry is useful but since there's no COR it cannot be reset.
Can also see a proper geared BST (for master DD) being very good with the Slug's -33% DEF/ATK down.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-07-08 01:04:50  
DNC really shines in this month's fight. Haste Samba + Steps to lower evasion and defense.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 01:05:35  
The biggest thing I hate about this one, is that blu is "mandatory" It is impossible to cap haste without, and content is "impossible" without max haste.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-07-08 01:07:17  
smn works here as long as you dont use favor
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 01:08:54  
Right, but if it's in regard to haste, RDM is basically "mandatory" as well for the sleeper roll, giving Haste 2, it's the additional % that can only be achieved by MG.

In theory you can sleep with blu but for what RDM offers it's the highly coveted job on this.
By Ruaumoko 2020-07-08 01:08:55  
Asura.Jdove said: »
Good luck finding one that knows what their Support-Ward BPs actually do.

Also, SCH can cap Magic Haste by stacking Embrava on top of RDM Haste II. It is tied to Tabula Rasa but it is an option.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2020-07-08 01:11:09  
well yea you need a smn that knows the job outside of a conduit burn but its doable i did it on smn last time
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 01:12:13  
I actually don't know if embrava can be stolen/activates buff steal. If you know that works though, that's a good catch.

But don't be surprised if every shout is RUN BLU BLU DNC RDM WHM with zero room for any other job (maybe dnc > DD)
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-07-08 01:20:12  
Using a tank is pretty pointless here, just land an Attack Down on the MB and Bio III him. All four DDs can blast down the MB and then two peel off on each helper.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-08 01:23:12  
I like doing this ambu as DRG paired with a BLU.

Wyvern gives full time Atk/def/da/haste bonus
Angon/Shell Crusher for full time defense down
Stardiver for crit boost
Can be super aggressive/Shed hate
Cam. Torment is also a good choice for higher difficulties.

SD or CT play very well with CDC
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 07:57:14  
PUP burning, thoughts?
 Shiva.Dayone
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-07-08 08:03:45  
Do GEO offensive bubbles work?
 Asura.Slacks
user: bignig
By Asura.Slacks 2020-07-08 08:13:01  

Also, SCH can cap Magic Haste by stacking Embrava on top of RDM Haste II. It is tied to Tabula Rasa but it is an option.

Hey, some SMNs know lol. Albeit not many ?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-07-08 08:16:46  
I mean SMN can't do the AoE sleep thing. But why is hastega2 overlooked?

And if you have SMN watch for a bomb; its instant dmg too...
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-07-08 08:23:40  
BLU & DNC are king this ambu which brings a tear to my eye.

Get to use the shiny banana and terpsi all month.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 09:07:57  
Asura.Slacks said: »

Hey, some SMNs know lol. Albeit not many ?

Really there is no secret in any of this.

What normally exist is lack of coordination mainly to blame leaders that invite pugs and just think they will do everything they supose to do.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-08 10:31:30  
Drg and Drk can both nearly cap delay with just haste 2, add anyone /dnc and you are capped no blu necessary, or just stick with 75% delay reduction and make a skillchain. Several DRGs make for full time Angon and additional healing, drks with relic scythe self heal no problem...
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-07-08 10:38:08  
Did a bunch of runs this morning with BLU BLU (both R15 tiz) DRK DRG RDM WHM and it was very smooth. No deaths, fast kills.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-07-08 10:43:40  
I think dnc can main heal this month...
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2020-07-08 17:01:32  
God forbid they read the descriptions on thier BP's its such a mystery. It's more like good luck finding a leader who knows how a smn can contribute is more accurate.
By SimonSes 2020-07-08 17:27:27  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

If DNC can main heal, BLU can main heal even better.
By flyingsquirrel 2020-07-08 17:30:56  
Pantafernando said: »
PUP burning, thoughts?

I think that’s completely doable. Even if you do pup as a DD role, they can self haste 2 with stormwaker
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-07-08 17:52:06  
Tin Foil hat mode, but if you keep the scoundrels separated from those slept at the start, they seem to PD a lot less. Did like 10 runs this evening and the only PD we got was when one woke up and came close to the one we were killing.

Dunno how legit this is, or if we were just killing too quickly to see it but seemed to be a thing.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 17:54:01  
I remember lots of discussion but no fruitful progress in regard to location of rat / distance from each other.

The only thing that seemed accurate is when close together they frequently PD but you couldn't stop it entirely no matter how far away they got. But with power creep it may be more likely to kill before PD can happen.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2020-07-08 19:01:54  
SimonSes said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

If DNC can main heal, BLU can main heal even better.
so
By Ermah 2020-07-08 19:16:08  
I just wish more people would accept BST, they are very good for this Ambuscade. They are good replacement to Geomancer. -33% Attack and Defense, while also applying heavy damage themselves.

I think maybe one of the popular youtube people need to emphasize that BST is good for people to accept them, but they will not so therefore people will not accept BST.
[+]
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-07-08 19:38:26  
Ermah said: »
I just wish more people would accept BST, they are very good for this Ambuscade. They are good replacement to Geomancer. -33% Attack and Defense, while also applying heavy damage themselves.

I think maybe one of the popular youtube people need to emphasize that BST is good for people to accept them, but they will not so therefore people will not accept BST.
Then shout for a party while on BST and show them how it's done? No one is going to actively go out of their way to invite and experiment with a BST party unless they know exactly what pet and abilities the BST is supposed to use.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 19:44:12  
It's not an experiment though, you just need someone to showcase it, instead of the obvious mandatory blu strat.

Theres always a youtube video showing people what they should already know, but never an original(ish) video.

Not that using a pet to debuff is anything special and the gain of the additional 8% def- is negated by bst being more than 8% behind "a good dd" (at least, that's the way people think) I think bst needs access to a pet that does AoE MG............. #***
By Ermah 2020-07-08 19:56:03  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's not an experiment though, you just need someone to showcase it, instead of the obvious mandatory blu strat.

Theres always a youtube video showing people what they should already know, but never an original(ish) video.

Not that using a pet to debuff is anything special and the gain of the additional 8% def- is negated by bst being more than 8% behind "a good dd" (at least, that's the way people think) I think bst needs access to a pet that does AoE MG............. #***

In the run I just did, I was at about 1200 DPS, while there was a Blu at 1250 DPS and the other two DD were at 1500 and 1700 DPS.

Then you have to add in the -10% Max HP the slug provides, I do not know how much HP the monsters have. Then you have to consider that the -33% defense bonus and -33% attack bonus helps the entire party as well. I feel I am pulling my wait. I was also getting terrored the most. >.<

I also do not have the best weapon skill gear yet, so I feel my DPS can definitely improve.

@CPU Yes I can make a party, but that does not solve anything, it just gets me currency, which I can do anyway.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-08 19:58:55  
The only people who don't know how useful BST is are the people you don't want to bother partying with anyways. It should add more damage to a group than most DDs, including the heavy ones. And decimation is very good.

I'm just gonna break mine out this month because people are idiots and don't value utility for NOTHING

Edit: Ermah, stop explaining yourself right now. A competent BST is going to add the most usefulness to the group of all of your DDs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4