フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Sell me on Murgleis
Sell me on Murgleis
 Bahamut.Sobius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2020-07-18 14:11:37  
Hey All,

RDM was my first love and I have played fairly consistently since 2005, living the changes over the years. I sort of drifted to BLU over the last couple of years, but feel good about where my gear is at now. Now I'm looking more carefully at RDM.

Not trying to sound ignorant but it looks like Crocea Mors considerably outshines even a completed Murgleis now. And is much cheaper. I've read over some of the guides here, but I'm still not sure. Wondering if people could clarify for me the advantages of Murgles over Crocea Mors.

Thanks in advance!
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-18 14:18:14  
No.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-18 14:19:09  
im just kidding.

honestly murg only beats croc in a very few small spaces; murg is a luxury item at best right now.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-18 14:19:33  
If you want to do it for completionist sake, by all means, go for it.

If you want it for DD RDM, I think there are better swords for you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-18 14:21:37  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

the only place i can see murg having any viability right now is like kei for self SC Spam since AM3 is insane tp. anywhere else croc/nae/sequence is going to win
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-18 14:32:27  
Cerberus.Hideka said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

the only place i can see murg having any viability right now is like kei for self SC Spam since AM3 is insane tp. anywhere else croc/nae/sequence is going to win
In those cases, it's better to do it with SCH/RNG strat.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-18 14:34:40  
Well uh.

At R15 it beats Crocea in MACC by 20, and you can add on 30-49 more to that using Aftermath (such as I wing + STP gear every 2 hours) for when you really need macc.

It's like 500+ m and a lot of non-buyable chores, though, and there's not many enemies that will actually resist important enfeebles that a BiS Crocea RDM will land but a Murgleis RDM won't.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-07-18 14:52:20  
Idk, it's pretty cool lookin!
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-07-18 14:59:24  
I made it for the reasons others have said:

1.) BiS M.Acc by 20 (30-49 with AM)
2.) I enjoy the play style of keeping AM3 up and frequent WS'ing.
3.) The Convert augment is a nice "oh ***button" if you slack off and find yourself needing a way to recover HP/MP. It's not always possible to be 1000% alert in a 45-min. RDM solo fight.
4.) Looks cool.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-07-18 15:58:06  
Bahamut.Sobius said: »
Not trying to sound ignorant but it looks like Crocea Mors considerably outshines even a completed Murgleis now.
Yup.
And is much cheaper.
Yup.
I've read over some of the guides here, but I'm still not sure. Wondering if people could clarify for me the advantages of Murgles over Crocea Mors.
AM1 Macc.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2020-07-18 16:02:05  
Fingers crossed they add some unique augs to mythics down the line. Gimme that enfeebling effect +10-20 effect or enhancing effect +10 plox
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2020-07-18 16:56:03  
Asura.Cicion said: »
Fingers crossed they add some unique augs to mythics down the line. Gimme that enfeebling effect +10-20 effect or enhancing effect +10 plox

wait what? they going to do another pass on relic/mythics again at some point? (i mean, i know they should, but idk if they can really see that from the game players view)
By Shichishito 2020-07-18 18:09:38  
its pretty save to assume if they make another round of REMA upgrades mythics will be part of it.

i have no clue if SU weapon and necks will get the same treatment so mythic might be the better longterm investment... who knows tho.
By HyperKTM 2020-07-18 18:16:43  
Dp/gastra/yagrush/carn/nirvana/burt/idris/epeo make a few of these before making murgelis.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sobius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2020-07-18 18:55:44  
I appreciate the replies, thanks!
By Shichishito 2020-07-18 22:42:43  
Tiz not even gets mentioned anymore if ppl make must have mythic lists. god, how could BLU fall so deep...
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-07-18 22:46:55  
Still love my murg. Was my 1st rmea, and I've never regretted the decision. Are there other weapons I have I use more? Certainly. But its a damn solid weapon that only got better with the introduction of malignance gear (as did most/all mythics for the jobs that can wear it, honestly) that makes Convert a zero-risk move, is BiS for macc (Crocea can be as close as it wants, its still less), and really plays well when self-chaining with Ullr.

Its not necessary by any stretch of the imagination these days. But I have other weapons I've built and regret spending the currencies/time on them- Murgleis is never one of those.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-07-19 03:57:26  
Shichishito said: »
Tiz not even gets mentioned anymore if ppl make must have mythic lists. god, how could BLU fall so deep...

Because it doesn't need to be mentioned. BLU's Tizona/Thibron combo is just amazing (better than savage blade spam, before savage blade spam was a thing).
[+]
By fett2 2020-07-19 21:25:41  
I made Murgleis for the locksytle really. It's one of the sexiest swords in the game, and I have mythics for almost all of my geared jobs on my main character. It seemed a shame not to make Murgleis.