FFXI HD MODS Via Addon

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Dat Modding » FFXI HD MODS via Addon
FFXI HD MODS via Addon
By RadialArcana 2020-08-17 15:25:52  
Since I can't update the other thread anymore I'm making a new one.

Mods should always be installed with the addon XIpivot, this allows you to install the mods in a separate folder and always keep your install clean. It also allows all mods to be turned off with a simple windower command.

XIPivot was made by Heals:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53575/xipivot-rom-mods-without-overwriting-originals/

I made a basic starter mod pack which has the windower addon already setup in it. All you have to do is download the zip, copy the whole XIPivot folder into your windower addon directory and then type:

//lua l xipivot

After that, just zone into any city mog house (including rent-a rooms), jeuno mog house or mog garden to see the HD mods.

If you want to turn them off just type

//lua u xipivot

and zone out and back in to get the old versions.

To get rid of the folder, close the game and then just delete the addon folder from your windower addon directory.

Mods in zip: 8
All starter city mog houses (mod made by Amelila)
Jeuno mog house (mod made by Amelila)
All renta-rooms.
Mog Garden.

These mods are only loaded when you zone into these areas, they are totally inactive at any other time and won't impact anything else.

Modding Windower Addon and Mog House / Mog Garden HD Mods
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-08-17 15:26:02  
All Monster, Trusts and some NPC HD mods (including cut-scenes)

This is basically the previous monster packs all in one, but with some missed monsters finished and improvements to others. All expansions.

Redid Beetles, redid Lillith, redid her spite wardens in malignant armor (cut-scenes), redid crawlers, redid dolls, updated treants leaves, buffalo, lizards, leeches, salvage warp gate, tarantula things in CoP, tigers, crabs, carrie, krabkatoa, made arc angel mods smaller, same for collibri. Updated Apururu, Odin, Koru Moru, Kupipi, Shantoto2, lillisette, Ayame, Amchuchu. Redid Grioavolr staff.

Dragoon Wyvers (updated these a little), Puppetmaster Automotons, Summoner Avatars (including Siren).

Black Ninja Goblin.

There are no original files in this zip (space is a problem on my google drive) since they are supposed to be used with XIpivot as noted in the OP post.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15qfxfmQQH2ju4niQE8c4M3FBeLVZN-J5/view?usp=sharing

[+]
 Bahamut.Bizarro
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2020-08-17 15:38:51  
Was there ever any final "fix" for HD mods causing loading into a black screen in specific zones? For me it's Lower/Port Jeuno, Reisenjima, and rarely South Sandy.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-08-17 15:41:30  
I never experienced it but it only happened with Amelilas big mods, such as Lower Jeuno and Reisenjima as far as I know.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2020-08-17 17:26:45  
Might be a good idea to put in the LQ versions of the Lower Jeuno and Reisenjima zones to stop a sudden rash of people that are stuck on black loading screens.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2020-08-17 17:28:17  
How does the game handle texture data that is many times its original intended size, are there performance hits to loading ?
 Carbuncle.Razziel
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2020-08-17 17:46:06  
If you're experiencing the zone black out bug with area mods, here is a list of most of the zones dat file location.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffximodding/comments/9ndg2d/complete_list_of_zone_dats_by_zone_id/

Sadly for me, it wasn't just Amelila's mods causing them. So I've slowly removed most zone mods. Hope someone discovers a fix or identifies the problem. It sucks going back to the old low res textures.
By RadialArcana 2020-08-17 18:37:03  
Keep in mind that the link above is purely 8 mods right now, mog houses and mog gardens. Nothing else in there currently, it's a "try these out" download in a throwaway format as a windower addon. They don't even show at all unless you type out the windower command and if you delete the folder they are all removed. I'll update the thread with more stuff but that will be additional downloads.

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
How does the game handle texture data that is many times its original intended size, are there performance hits to loading ?

I limit most of the texture sizes I use in my mods to twice the size of the original usually, mainly because I'm more concerned with performance.

For zones, if you have an old normal hard drive it will take a little longer to zone since it's loading a larger zone file. With an SSD you barely notice it. With the windower addon above you can test it yourself without any overwriting of files.

With other non-zone mods, if you have mipmapping on you can notice some performance issues because the game creates mipmaps on the fly and bigger textures = more work. Again though, it depends on the size of the mods.

I personally do not agree with using mega textures, but this is because my PC is quite old and I use mipmapping. So my mods are as small as possible.

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Might be a good idea to put in the LQ versions of the Lower Jeuno and Reisenjima zones to stop a sudden rash of people that are stuck on black loading screens.

Not really needed anymore with the windower addon, since you should never be overwriting any game files with that.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-08-19 15:21:09  
Added HD monsters, trusts and notable NPC to 2nd post in thread (updated mods). 933MB
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2020-08-19 16:29:26  
Can xipivot handle UI mods?
By RadialArcana 2020-08-20 06:52:08  
I don't use UI mods but I know anything loaded before the addon is loaded won't work, if you have tried it and it didn't work that's why.
 Ragnarok.Tristonx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tristonx
By Ragnarok.Tristonx 2020-08-24 02:23:02  
Hello, odd place to make a request but couldn't find a request thread. Could someone please mod the master trial weapons to always been unsheathed? Also could someone make an upscaled version of the Morbol sulbigar (if we need to narrow it down to race Elvaan Female)? Please and thank you!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2020-10-10 04:25:33  

I'm getting an access denied
[+]