It's That Time Again!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 35 36 37
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-25 16:23:07  
Asura.Memes said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I mean, one can make an argument that Gearswap is an automated tool, but in all honesty, it's really QoL improvement tool. I have yet to see anyone claim that they were banned because of Gearswap, but those who are banned do have Gearswap or some similar program, along with whatever else they have that most likely caused the ban.
Depends what you're doing with it. If you can resist knock back with X amount of resist knock back (I think this is accepted as the case now?) and you stop using anchor but put code into your gearswap to equip that gear for certain mob TP moves then it's no different than just using anchor (hax).

Things like react need gearswap to do many useful things and there are many other tools that rely on you having gearswap too.

You're viewing it backwards. Gearswap doesn't enable a situation like you describe, React does by using Gearswap. So is the problem in your view Gearswap or React?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-25 16:30:51  
Gearswap falls into a spectrum.

Motes swaps are "ok" Th tag is a very minor automation... but selindrille's are heavy on the automation. And then you can go even further where the gearswap file is full on 100% automated.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-25 16:53:06  
Funny part is, for someone driven like Ejin he is probably more excited about playing ffxi now than he was before.

Everything to do > done everything.
 Asura.Shystie
user: Shystie
By Asura.Shystie 2020-09-25 16:56:39  
RadialArcana said: »
Funny part is, for someone driven like Ejin he is probably more excited about playing ffxi now than he was before.

*** that.
[+]
By ScorchyWorchy 2020-09-25 17:11:01  
when they only ban your main.

[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-09-25 17:15:04  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Memes said: »
I mean, one can make an argument that Gearswap is an automated tool, but in all honesty, it's really QoL improvement tool. I have yet to see anyone claim that they were banned because of Gearswap, but those who are banned do have Gearswap or some similar program, along with whatever else they have that most likely caused the ban.
Depends what you're doing with it. If you can resist knock back with X amount of resist knock back (I think this is accepted as the case now?) and you stop using anchor but put code into your gearswap to equip that gear for certain mob TP moves then it's no different than just using anchor (hax).

Things like react need gearswap to do many useful things and there are many other tools that rely on you having gearswap too.

You're viewing it backwards. Gearswap doesn't enable a situation like you describe, React does by using Gearswap. So is the problem in your view Gearswap or React?

Sel’s gearswaps do this, no react necessary

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2020-09-25 17:58:58  

He should have named his new character Sisyphus.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-25 18:24:53  
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said: »

So it wouldn't drop anything when he dies?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2020-09-25 20:30:45  

So it wouldn't drop anything when he dies?
Google: "In Greek mythology Sisyphus or Sisyphos was the king of Ephyra. He was punished for his self-aggrandizing craftiness and deceitfulness by being forced to roll an immense boulder up a hill only for it to roll down every time it neared the top, repeating this action for eternity."
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-09-25 20:38:40  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
According to this site, SEs MMO Division had a 180M profit in the last fiscal year. That is counting FFXI, FFXIV, and Dragon Quest X. I am not sure of the popularity of DQX, but even if FFXI only made up 5% of that margin, thats still ~9M profit per year.

https://mmos.com/news/square-enix-reports-2020-earnings-mmo-division-reports-record-high-revenues-and-profits

Considering how profitable FFXI was a decade ago, with SE calling it their most profitable game ever, I am shocked that they developed a whole new game, vs taking FFXI, redoing it for the modern age, with HD graphics, tweaked gameplay, and an overall enhancement. This would have allowed them to make their best game better, and allow for years of future expansions, like Seekers, going into the other continents, and exploring the vast lore that they invested so much time developing in the early days.

11 is inferior to 14 in the modern era of the world. Mobile gaming is on the rise, and people just do not have the time to play a game like 11 used to be. Even 11 today has shifted to be more fast paced and less obtusely grindy, shifting to be more like 14.

It was easier for them to just make something entirely new to cater to the modern age than to update 11, as it would no longer be 11.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2020-09-25 20:44:41  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
According to this site, SEs MMO Division had a 180M profit in the last fiscal year. That is counting FFXI, FFXIV, and Dragon Quest X. I am not sure of the popularity of DQX, but even if FFXI only made up 5% of that margin, thats still ~9M profit per year.

https://mmos.com/news/square-enix-reports-2020-earnings-mmo-division-reports-record-high-revenues-and-profits

Considering how profitable FFXI was a decade ago, with SE calling it their most profitable game ever, I am shocked that they developed a whole new game, vs taking FFXI, redoing it for the modern age, with HD graphics, tweaked gameplay, and an overall enhancement. This would have allowed them to make their best game better, and allow for years of future expansions, like Seekers, going into the other continents, and exploring the vast lore that they invested so much time developing in the early days.

11 is inferior to 14 in the modern era of the world. Mobile gaming is on the rise, and people just do not have the time to play a game like 11 used to be. Even 11 today has shifted to be more fast paced and less obtusely grindy, shifting to be more like 14.

It was easier for them to just make something entirely new to cater to the modern age than to update 11, as it would no longer be 11.

Yah, I'm personally a bit happier they just made XIV because if XI became like XIV in an attempt to "Modernize" I'd be extremely disappointed that XI died for that.

But I do wish they didn't put XI on Skeleton Crew with no real hope for more staff, thats the real shame.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2020-09-25 20:45:10  

Perhaps if they would have just updated 11 they could have avoided the stillborn 14 1.0. That would have saved a ton of money.
[+]
By Rips 2020-09-25 23:01:53  

Perhaps if they would have just updated 11 they could have avoided the stillborn 14 1.0. That would have saved a ton of money.

FFXIV is SE's main full time job.

FFXI is just the side hustle / passive income.

We're the side ***. :(
[+]
By kalyoth 2020-09-26 06:57:51  
Rips said: »

FFXIV is SE's main full time job.

FFXI is just the side hustle / passive income.

We're the side ***. :(

Better to be the older, better looking sister in this case than the younger & less uniquely looking factory girl.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-26 11:45:15  
FFXI is Star Trek TNG, FFXIV is Star Trek Discovery.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2020-09-26 13:15:42  

I mean, if we're using Star Trek analogies:

FFXI is DS:9.

The whole thing is running on old technology that the current maintainers didn't build and don't really understand, but mostly just works so it's fine. Its fans trumpet its superiority over other entries in the canon to this day.

FFXIV is also DS:9.

It was a major departure from what people were expecting, and had a rocky start, but as time went on the writing ended up being some of the best in the history of the franchise. Its haters have, by and large, only watched an episode or two, if that.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-26 13:47:35  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »

The whole thing is running on old technology that the current maintainers didn't build and don't really understand, but mostly just works so it's fine. Its fans trumpet its superiority over other entries in the canon to this day.

It was a major departure from what people were expecting, and had a rocky start, but as time went on the writing ended up being some of the best in the history of the franchise. Its haters have, by and large, only watched an episode or two, if that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-26 15:00:49  
I just don't wanna admit that FFXI is Star Trek anything.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-26 15:27:05  
If anything it's star wars. All bots and clones.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-26 15:31:10  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If anything it's star wars. All bots and clones.

My saturday is infinitely better knowing someone saw what I was aiming it.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-09-26 15:47:12  
Let's just agree it's all like Spaceballs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-26 15:50:38  
Aerix said: »
"I'm Surrounded By ***" factually accurate statement
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-26 15:54:52  
Aerix said: »

[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-27 06:49:30  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »

The writing really has little to do with making an mmorpg good or bad honestly, the story in an mmorpg is honestly little more than the icing on the cake. If you don't like the cake them screw the icing. I've played pretty much every mmorpg there is and I can't say the story in any of them mattered enough to keep me playing them. I either liked the core game or I stopped playing, story only really matters to me in single player games. I have never thought "well I really hate this game but I'll keep playing cause I like the story"

To take FFXI as an example, most of us like the expansions more for the experiences around the story (cop was lots of difficult battles that forced us to group up, and that was what most liked) than the actual story itself. If they took the rewards away from completing story lines vast numbers would not do them at all, ever. The moment the masses do story missions, is when they add that ring or zone access.

What matters is the gameplay, how the world is represented, how the grinding works, how the game is monetized, how the community functions.

The reasons I don't like FFXIV is because I don't like the basic gameplay, I don't perma rotations of 6-7 buttons that only exist as busy work. I don't like the higher pace of gameplay, I find it tedious and annoying.

1,2,3,4,5 > 1,2,3,4, > 1,2,3,4,5 GET OUT OF MUH RED TELEGRAPHED AREAS!

I don't like the art style of the game, personal choice but still. I greatly prefer how FFXI is represented and the character the races all have (every race on FFXI has unique animations and have their own characters), if I wanted "modern graphics" over art style then I would just play Black Desert, ESO or any Korean MMO which do it better anyway.

I really don't like the gear reset system FF14 and other wow type games use. Everything you work on is made worthless with each major patch and that is the way they keep you playing. If I work on something on FFXI, then take a break for 3 years and come back that gear is still valuable or can be upgraded. That is not the case on FF14 or similar games.

Monetization, FF14 has quite possibly the most egregious monetization I have ever seen in any online game ever. I've played plenty of games without a sub and spent a lot on the cash shops, but to have this level of monetization in a game with a monthly subscription and expansions is insane to me. I know how addictive "optional purchases" are and so do Square Enix, the lack of respect for their players and the players acceptance of them doing it means I really don't want to be part of it.

Another aspect of why a cash shop is bad is that "status" is often gained by spending money on new cosmetics, instead of beating hard content which gives you that pretty gear. On-top of that, I don't like the lack of respect for the world by having all these stupid cosmetics flying around you.

I'm also not a fan of the punishment system they integrated into the game, via loss of assets for not being subbed for extended periods of time. If I take a break from XI for a year, they don't take my mog house away. FFXI gives you rewards for being subbed, FFXIV punishes you for not.

The community, the FF14 community is very much in the field of what you expect on twitter or facebook. You can get in trouble with a GM on FF14 for any manner or social "faux pas" like misgendering someone in party chat or something or being mean (and I mean that in a very soft term compared to what you get anywhere else), on FFXI the GMs have a far more off-hands approach because they know the community is different.

Also the instance finder system ensures the you can play endgame and have zero interaction with anyone at all WHILE playing with other people, it's an insanely soul destroying experience for most people. There is nothing worse than doing lots of dungeons with lots of different people and having said nothing to any of them at all, and them not saying anything back. Real, actual solo play is less soul destroying than interacting with lots of people who never speak or treat you as anything but an NPC.

Almost everyone I know that used to play FFXI and moved to FFXIV and now likes it will say "muh graphics" or "muh story" when asked about why they like it, very little else (and many of them still come play FFXI often)

I could be forced to play ff14 for a year and I would still hate it so "some didn't play it enough" is an invalid argument for me and many others. Also, yes I know some people really do like the game and that's fine, but many of us don't and never will like it. A lot of people like STD too.

I know this is off-topic so not talking about it anymore here, just sayin tho.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-27 09:31:42  
Back on topic, does FFXI have an appeal process when you get banned?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-27 09:54:23  

Technically yes. You can file an appeal. I know of absolutely zero successful appeals however.

You can successfully charge back though, I've been charging back every month they ban an account. Small victories. Paypal default awards you the win because square never bothers to fight it.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-09-27 10:10:58  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Technically yes. You can file an appeal. I know of absolutely zero successful appeals however.

You can successfully charge back though, I've been charging back every month they ban an account. Small victories. Paypal default awards you the win because square never bothers to fight it.

I wonder why that would be. Either they're very careful about who they ban and false positives are rare or they're too proud to admit when they're wrong.

I know for a fact that WoW has a mix of both.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-27 10:15:01  
Japanese pride/honor IDK just a guess. Only ever banned unfairly the one time, but because "we can ban for any reason" even an unfair reason doesn't matter.

Could just be as simple as "why bother" putting any resources into it if they don't have to.
By Mattelot 2020-09-27 10:17:19  
I've never been banned so I have no basis for comparison but it's just interesting.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 35 36 37