Return To Vana'diel/Discount Campaign This Month?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Return to Vana'diel/Discount Campaign this month?
Return to Vana'diel/Discount Campaign this month?
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2020-11-07 13:12:34  
Usually those campaigns happen every November but SE hasn't announced anything yet. Was looking forward to them.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-07 13:51:20  
Not happening and they are not saying anything about why, this is the first time they have skipped it in 7 years.

They stated that FF11 is now under the control of Yoshida more closely a while ago, most likely he is annoyed that it was stealing a little thunder from his game. I know lots of 14 players were coming over for these.

They may either stop them completely or stagger them going forward.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-07 13:54:30  
Uncharacteristic moves like this are never a good sign
[+]
By Josiahafk 2020-11-07 14:07:13  
[+]
 Bahamut.Sevir
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rinuko
By Bahamut.Sevir 2020-11-07 15:35:12  
RadialArcana said: »
Not happening and they are not saying anything about why, this is the first time they have skipped it in 7 years.

They stated that FF11 is now under the control of Yoshida more closely a while ago, most likely he is annoyed that it was stealing a little thunder from his game. I know lots of 14 players were coming over for these.

Sounds possible and very petty, I like what he done for the franchise and 14 but damn if this would be the case.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-07 16:11:37  
Corona most likely.

This below is my guess:

An usual move some companies did to mitigate the loss due lockdown was moving forward vacations to the employers.

Normally SE have the "big" update in november, then weak december, january, february till they get back at full strength for a new cycle. This also indicates some corporative aspect, where at the end of year some companies take some time to review the year developments, results and discuss news goals, projects to the next year.

The non-big november update indicate some postpone measure. Probably they issued some vacations during lockdown, suposelly the devs gonna work as normal in december to make up the time lost this year.

Again, my guess.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2020-11-07 16:16:34  
They've been slow to announce them this year, but it's still expected for 11/11 when it rolls around like the update and all that goodness that comes like clockwork.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2020-11-07 17:26:53  
Wouldn't be surprised if they skip it for awhile, as they just lost like 6bil yen from the Avengers blunder.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-11-07 17:41:15  
As I mentioned in the other thread, it may be worth considering that they've got the new chat channel set to go live with the update. Which will, in turn, have new requirements for Mentor, and possibly other details for moderation/etc.
It wouldn't surprise me if they're working up a page detailing that new system to go along with the update, and are holding off on a Return/Discount campaign announcement until they can link that information into the email/web page. It is something that might be of interest for actual new or returning folks, and not just people who want to binge on free play for a week.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-11-07 17:42:21  

This is dumb. He's not worried about an old dead game 'taking thunder'

It'll be announced at the last minute and life will go on.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-11-07 18:20:51  
Stop being cheap and pay!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-11-07 23:38:33  
I pre order and didnt even play it. Is it that bad
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-11-08 01:58:25  
Not gonna lie. I put off paying for a sub until they do the campaign just so they can feel like it draws people back. I mean... what am I missing? My dailies? Content can slowly ooze out of SE for this game over months and it won't really change anything from how it plays today, tomorrow, three months ago, three years ago, three months from now, or three years from now.

I do need to finish up my lists of quests though. Pretty close to being 100% done with everything that isn't a Lost Forever, one-time (or very VERY rare) event, or some things that are impossible to do w/o an entire server working towards them.

Note: The Lost Forevers that come to mind are the base provision coalition assignments. The one-time (or very VERY rare) events are things like the Dragon Quest / FF crossover event with the slime stuff that I've missed twice now. The things that are impossible to do w/o an entire server working towards them generally all have to do with stuff from WotG era that don't get touched anymore and probably need to be adjusted. I'll have to look into those more though to see which can be done solo.

(Oh, and no no no quadruple-no. I'm not going to make every REMA and/or crafting shield. That is just silly. I did, however, do all of the fishing stuff that can be done. That was enough of a REMA-like slog for me. I made a Lionheart for a lockstyle. I made a Yagrush to be a better WHM. I made a abyssea shield because I ended up with nearly all of the parts for it from just dickin' about in abyssea over the years so made that for a lockstyle as well).
By Torzak 2020-11-08 02:42:21  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQvm7559OMk

I just watched this on Avengers glitches. That's how the game was released? That's not just beta testing? That's nuts.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-08 03:35:04  
Why is SE doing Avengers game?

Maybe same reason why Disney is doing Star Wars?
By RadialArcana 2020-11-08 03:42:15  
Asura.Hya said: »
Wouldn't be surprised if they skip it for awhile, as they just lost like 6bil yen from the Avengers blunder.

The entire point of it is to bring people back to play for free, so they resub and regardless what many think it does work (for 11, for 14 and for wow who all do it). If it did not, they would not have done it for 7 years. Heck I know I often end up subbing alts past free time after getting used to having them to sell more stuff or get more gobbie box opens and the like.

Also I play with with people quite a lot doing lesser runs during or just after these and a lot of them are from 14, so a lot of people do come back. Many don't get that because they either play top tier content or they play with their shell people.

Hopefully it is as was stated and they for some reason announce it late, if not then it will be a strange sign. Covid has nothing to do with it and if it was due to the mentor change...they would just say so.

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

This is dumb. He's not worried about an old dead game 'taking thunder'

It'll be announced at the last minute and life will go on.

It's not dumb at all, they do not want anything stealing thunder from their flagship (tgat is having a similar campaign right now to try get people who have quit to come back) where they have a sub and cash shop. Even if it's a few thousand people. The amount of money they can make per player on 14 is vastly greater. There are 14 players who come back for these, there are players from 14 who play after the free trial There are 14 players who have stopped playing 14 to play this, i know your mind has exploded but it is true.
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2020-11-08 06:16:41  
@ Asura.Aeonova WoTG stuff really just requires a group of 6 dedicated people who have some well geared DD jobs to each pick a zone to take over and go for it. I was able to take over the Northlands and Bastok just dual boxing (sent to seperate zones with trusts) in 3 days play, could have taken over Sandoria Territories as well, but due to Campaign Bonus (Big Bill Drops) people already claimed areas. Just have to shift the zone on Friday/Saturday before Sunday Morning Tally.

I've been wanting to take over all the territories in the past to see what effects it has, would be pretty awesome. Haven't seen a takeover like that since Bastok took all the zones (Present Time) and we shat a brick getting all the outpost warps, rubbing the Snooty Elvaan's noses in it for good measure.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2020-11-08 10:22:45  
Asura.Hya said: »
If anything these make them money which is probably why they have been doing them 4 times per year the last 2 years instead of 2 times per year. It's not like they lose anything for letting players log in and play, and if some of those players resub it's a win. I resubbed after last year's November campaign. I'm hoping they're just announcing it later like somebody mentioned.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-11-08 11:29:50  
Losses on Marvel Avengers are irrelevant anyway, Square Enix has divisions and one does not impact the others. The online division made a big profit, as expected.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2020-11-10 00:51:57  
In the Digest that was just released Matsui said that they're doing these campaigns in December this year.

That kind of sucks because I was expecting to have some extra characters to do the Voidwatch event with. Plus a lot of Europe is under lockdown now so it would be the perfect time.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Sevir
By Bahamut.Sevir 2020-11-10 01:15:31  
endxen said: »
Losses on Marvel Avengers are irrelevant anyway, Square Enix has divisions and one does not impact the others. The online division made a big profit, as
expected.

It is relevant because it affects the entire company from a shareholder standpoint. When you incur a 6B yen (65M) loss another division needs to make up for it to maintain thier commitment to the shareholders. To say it doesn't mean you have no idea how a company works as a whole on a profitability standpoint.

I have to agree. I work in a company with branches in 6 different countries here in the nordic and the baltics (and 1 in the US). If the main branch makes a big loss, it will affect the other branches too, like layoffs or reorganization activities for example.

Caitsith.Zabimaru said: »
In the Digest that was just released Matsui said that they're doing these campaigns in December this year.

At the same time, it doesn't necessary mean that cause of this loss due to a failed game launch means they cut back on this campaign but it seem pretty likely due to lack of communication for one.

Well look at that, I missed that video. Guess we are getting it after all then.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-10 03:03:45  

That kind of sucks because I was expecting to have some extra characters to do the Voidwatch event with. Plus a lot of Europe is under lockdown now so it would be the perfect time.

It would be nice to know why they decided to do that, my guess is staggering since 11 and 14 kept doing them at the same time. Which honestly makes sense but still.
 Bahamut.Sevir
By Bahamut.Sevir 2020-11-10 04:00:20  
Their reasoning to postponing it make sense though, more likely more people able to play during holidays than during november. But again I imagine many is sitting home due to the Covid situation
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2020-11-22 15:32:50  
Well anyhow, at least I got through the "hard" part of Yagrush last time, I got shellies to help with killing that Salvage boss three times. (Easy solo on PUP, not so on WHM with that needles attack!) Now I can just grind for gil to slowly finish it off. And I was doing well with job points too. Also last time I started to get the old LS stragglers to use a discord that someone had previously set up.

Asura.Aeonova said: »
The things that are impossible to do w/o an entire server working towards them
I've had the reverse of this. I was able to recover the Astral Candescence solo from all three beastmen. But on Sylph even 3-4 years ago when nobody did Besieged and the beastmen regularly won, there were people that would dutifully get it back right away. The third time I was probably only 5-10 minutes ahead of someone else. Now that there's a weekly task for Besieged, and even more powerful gear, they stopped winning. Now everyone knows to run for the entrance, hop the walls, beat up the generals, and it's over in 5-10 minutes. And that's Sylph, I don't want to know how fast it's over on Asura.

Pantafernando said: »
Maybe same reason why Disney is doing Star Wars?
SE bought Marvel? Nope, that's owned by Disney too. I guess the game must have been SE's idea or Disney should be soaking up some of that loss too.

Covid has nothing to do with it
Indeed, LOTRO went almost completely free for like six months because of the virus. And then at the end they had an offer to buy seven (mostly older) region quest packs for a buck each. They're usually 7 bucks and up.

The entire point of it is to bring people back to play for free, so they resub
Isn't there actual new (non-Ambuscade) content now? I saw it mentioned about the time of the last one but not enough info to see whether it was a proper expansion or just a mini thing. They should be using RtV to raise awareness of that.

I guess I can live with that. I was sort of worried that they'd do it on the US Thanksgiving weekend. That would be a bit of a facepalm. Still, waiting for holidays is a weak reason with so many people stuck at home these days.

they have been doing them 4 times per year
Remember that the first one they did 3 months apart was at the time of WoW Classic. I was more surprised when they did it the next February.
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2020-12-05 10:11:02  
Uh oh... http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/ just updated today (I've been checking it every 2-3 days)

Quote:
Campaign Period
Friday, December 25, 2020, at 12:00 a.m. (PST)
to Monday, January 4, 2021, at the same hour.

Yeah, I've been given an option to not travel to relatives this Christmas... maybe I'll take it.

EDIT:
By Pantafernando 2020-12-05 10:22:04  
no, just pay the sub
[+]