フォーラム » FFXI » General » SHANTOTTO & CHOCOBO action figure store links
SHANTOTTO & CHOCOBO action figure store links
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-21 16:39:12  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
I don't main a Tarutaru, but I have some alts that are and I remember their chocobos being very tiny. The proportions in the pic of the OP make it look like they took a "regular" (hume) sized chocobo's feet, legs, and backside, and merged it with a tarutaru chocobo's front.

Does anybody else see that?

Its purely a design choice but yeah its a bit bigger than a taru Chocobo.
By Draylo 2020-11-21 17:10:28  
Would love some Blue Mage figures with the AF and swords
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-11-21 20:14:53  
Thank you, people that replied, for confirmation that the Chocobo is, indeed, not-to-scale.

Draylo said: »

I know. You and me both. The things they could do away with due to overuse:

1. A Tarutaru
2. A Moogle
3. A Chocobo
4. A Mandragora (is that a cultural thing?)
5. A Goblin

Sad that they limit themselves, but they probably put out something (possibly a limited time thing or somehow exclusive) that didn't do well once and they won't do it again.

Weird 'Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within' flashback just as I typed that.

There is someone running around here that has done some amazing BLU art (well, multiple people, to be fair) so custom FFXI artwork by-players-for-players is probably the best (and not entirely the worst-case-scenario) we are gonna get.

Personally, I like where the custom FFXI art scene is atm. A good stream of amazing stuff coming in at a slow-but-steady pace. There was a player here that did a few ink drawings for October. We just had the shield design contest. Yeah. Even though I placed with an MSPaint monstrosity, the rest were very solid. We have enough sword and dagger lockstyles. They should just fine-tune and add 12 out of the 20 semi-finalist shield designs once a month as lockstyle or something.

Actually, that is the best suggestion I've had in years. They should just add in all 20 of the semi-finalists. The artists gave away permission. They have the designs. They have picked 20. Hmmm. I'd almost be willing to suggest that they don't just throw away those cool designs yet. Double-hmmm.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-21 20:42:10  

[+]
By Draylo 2020-11-22 02:29:07  
Wow those are amazing
By shimazushi 2020-11-22 04:41:04  
The real FFXI sculpture ..
Your text to link here...
By Draylo 2020-11-22 04:44:47  
Yeah that thing was like over 1k I think, its a little ugly tbh
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-22 05:40:14  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Thank you, people that replied, for confirmation that the Chocobo is, indeed, not-to-scale.

Draylo said: »

I know. You and me both. The things they could do away with due to overuse:

1. A Tarutaru
2. A Moogle
3. A Chocobo
4. A Mandragora (is that a cultural thing?)
5. A Goblin

Sad that they limit themselves, but they probably put out something (possibly a limited time thing or somehow exclusive) that didn't do well once and they won't do it again.

Weird 'Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within' flashback just as I typed that.

There is someone running around here that has done some amazing BLU art (well, multiple people, to be fair) so custom FFXI artwork by-players-for-players is probably the best (and not entirely the worst-case-scenario) we are gonna get.

Personally, I like where the custom FFXI art scene is atm. A good stream of amazing stuff coming in at a slow-but-steady pace. There was a player here that did a few ink drawings for October. We just had the shield design contest. Yeah. Even though I placed with an MSPaint monstrosity, the rest were very solid. We have enough sword and dagger lockstyles. They should just fine-tune and add 12 out of the 20 semi-finalist shield designs once a month as lockstyle or something.

Actually, that is the best suggestion I've had in years. They should just add in all 20 of the semi-finalists. The artists gave away permission. They have the designs. They have picked 20. Hmmm. I'd almost be willing to suggest that they don't just throw away those cool designs yet. Double-hmmm.

Moogles and Chocobos are a given they are the mascots of the series really. As far as XIV merch goes there arent that many Moogles or Chocobos really there are 2 Moogles and 1 Chocobo.