users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » fast sparks how
fast sparks how
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2020-11-22 21:21:18  
I cant remember how after spending like 30k sparks i had maxs sparks again in like no time can someone please remind me the fast ways to get sparks i need to cap it again badly
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2020-11-22 21:24:03  
Back when I still played, the general idea was to wait until the cycling challenge was "Gain Exp" and just go absolute HAM during that time.

Now-adays, thats still probably optimal, but I'm sure theres non-time-gated methods too... I Just don't know 'em.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-22 21:28:21  
There's no "fast" way solo outside gain in 24 hours

You can gather 20 puks in abyssea and spam 500 stonega > aeroga
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-11-22 23:48:33  
I know before sparks/unity was nerfed for the 100k pts cash-out,there were always bots at the Qutrub VW NM, since 500+ damage is 200 swings and with atmacite or having a WHM to throw Cure 4 every however long, you could cap pretty quickly.

Engage
Go make a sandwich
Eat the sandwich
Watch TV etc
Check on if you need to re-pop the NM every however long
Get Sparks
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-11-23 00:49:15  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
I know before sparks/unity was nerfed for the 100k pts cash-out,there were always bots at the Qutrub VW NM, since 500+ damage is 200 swings and with atmacite or having a WHM to throw Cure 4 every however long, you could cap pretty quickly.

Engage
Go make a sandwich
Eat the sandwich
Watch TV etc
Check on if you need to re-pop the NM every however long
Get Sparks

This wasn't just bots. I used to do the same method when I was feeling lazy. Luckily my server rarely had anyone there, and if it did there was always another spot free. From my experience, it's best done on THF/WAR with daggers like Jugo+1 and Atoyac w/ OAT (Blurred+1 may work also).

The idea is to bring your damage low enough that you will slow the fight, but high enough so almost every hit is 500+. Having decent atmacites helps too. My trust combination consisted of Ulmia, Koru-Moru, a WHM and two GEO (Moogle, Sakura). Make a TP set with pure multi-attack; I also liked to have a Defending Ring in there for safety. This way you can keep Defender up if you want to slow the fight down, and as a job master THF it's easy to be hitting 500+.

It will vary from player to player, so it's best to tweak it to your liking. You may find that if you're not geared well enough, there is a chance you could be killed, so add another WHM if you're having difficulty. I don't like using Qultada as a buffer because he damage deals. You can do this on other (dual wield) jobs too, but I preferred doing it on THF because of its extra evasion and Triple Attack.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-23 01:30:21  
I still need to try the fast 200+ dmg method, but outside that and gain exp, i would sugest choosing some place where you make a combo like kill X mobs in an area + crystals + drops, eventually some timed RoE thats 20 kills something.

Non boting, i would sugest to cleave in Reisenjima. If you have two chars, make on a tank and the other a BLU, choose a crowded camp and start cleaving. It really takes about 1 or 2h to cap spark and accolades, depending how many other people you have in party.
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2020-12-08 16:22:07  
I think monk hitting 500 3 times is the fastest way to get spraks i feel like
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-08 17:07:03  
You can abyssea on any DW job and fight Glavoid until your visitant status wears out. 500 DMG in max DW/haste set (like daggers or weak katanas), crit/TA atmas, healer trusts, afk; you will get sparks in no time. They absorb damage on TP moves, so it's unlikely you would kill them just with melee strikes for a good bit. I say Daggers because the damage is lower than h2h from MNK. Bonus points if you can summon a couple of DW trusts that can hit 500/swing (might need attack atmas).

There's other things you can do but it would actually take work. Go to the Records of Eminence BG wiki page and look under Combat (Spoils) 1 & 2 for the repeatable ones. You can rack up points doing dumb objectives like "obtain 2 bat wings". Those only give 200 sparks, but are super fast to complete. Can couple it with crystals to get those clears and rack up your points. If you go a job like BLU, you can do 500 dmg/kills/crystals/spoils all in one shot, but that would take some effort.

Another way is to do UNM spam. You get a couple thousand sparks/kill, which is faster than soloing 500 dmg or farming objectives from spoils. Not to mention the coffers as a reward.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-08 17:46:43  
Dont those abyssea NM rage after some time?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-08 19:29:46  
Not that I can recall but you can just substitute it with any quick repeat monster. I only suggested abyssea because you can control your damage using atmas so you can get closer to 500 damage.
By Chimerawizard 2020-12-08 20:45:23  
Crack caskets: farm clusters in sky. honestly, SoL, just do a 500+ dmg trial ad nauseum.
Vanquish: Delve or Vagary. all the families are separated by zone.
physical kills: good time for dynaD. another time for just 500+ dmg trial.
Magical kills / spoils(seals) / gain xp: gain xp.

It'd have been great if SE cut the # needed for each objective /5 except gainxp which need a 4x to not be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE good.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-09 01:52:42  
I didnt take a complete look, but i think killing funguars that drop crystal should be the optimal way to earn spark/accolades as its a relatively common family and provides more than one spoils (two types of mushroom), that added to a crystal RoE, can quickly build it up.
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2020-12-09 04:07:55  
I used to do WoH Gates
F-5 to G-5 (worm only camp)
H-5 to I-5 (Worm + Rabbit Camp):
1: Worms: Conflict Adoulin 2: 5/5
Zinc Ore 2/2 ... Flint Stones 2/2 Amorph 20/20
2: Rabbits: Rabbit Hides 2/2 Beasts 20/20
Snow Geode 3/3 Shivite 3/3
Both Drop Earth Crystals and are Squishy,

Thief earns lots of drops from both mobs so TH is ideal for this site.