FFXI Status Icons In PNG Format

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Dat Modding » FFXI Status Icons in PNG Format
FFXI Status Icons in PNG Format
By Aricomfy 2020-12-11 16:33:11  
Felt like this needed its own thread so people can find it easier. It's not exactly an HD mod so I didn't want to post it in those threads. I've already said some key information about this pack in this thread here so please check it out for details.

This pack contains essentially 96% of FFXI's original Status Icon textures in .PNG format with preserved transparency. There was an issue converting them from .BMP to PNG in which they would lose transparency, but this pack fixes that. There was probably a much better and faster way to achieve this that I was unaware of or didn't have access to, but this was all done by hand using Aseprite. Some slight alignment fixes, very small clean ups and some Icons have received a facelift to improve readability without compromising the original's direction (see below).

The entire reason why I did this was because if you're using the XIVParty addon, (which you should, it's amazing) it replaces pretty much every single Icon with a custom made one that looks completely different than the original Icons I was used to seeing every day. As a healer, this made removing the right ailments and keeping track of buffs at a glance a bit of a ball ache, no offense to the creator of XIVParty's Status Icons whoever you are.

Here it is.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WiaObR1PGOtBgcbGNuXmU6ueMPEc5Mhi/view?usp=sharing

Hope this helps with what ever you're going to use them for.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-12-11 21:29:03  
Never tried these mods because they were historically packed with models/maps together. How do I apply these sagely between updates?

Thanks for doing this, btw! Updated status icons always mattered more to me than maps because less likely to see black screens and such.
[+]
By Aricomfy 2020-12-11 23:37:20  
Felgarr said: »
Never tried these mods because they were historically packed with models/maps together. How do I apply these sagely between updates?

Thanks for doing this, btw! Updated status icons always mattered more to me than maps because less likely to see black screens and such.

I'll give you an installation walkthrough in a second, but first, I just have to mention this real quick. This pack was created specifically to be used with the XIVParty addon or for others to use it when creating their own unique addon for Windower that deals with displaying Status Icons in a very user friendly way without having to resort to using a completely custom made Status Icon pack that most likely looks nothing like the original Icons.
So, to reiterate, this pack is a modders resource.

The benefit of using this pack with XIVParty is that after you drop them in their folder, you'll never have to bother with them again, even when the game updates and they'll never break either.

With that said, if you're wanting to use these with XIVParty, (which you can find and download here) then start by opening the XivParty folder in your Windower 4 addons folder. Open the assets folder, then the buffIcons folder. Simply just delete or drop in a backup folder all 640 files in this folder and then replace them with the 640 files from my PNG pack. That's all.

Unfortunately, you can't use this pack in the base game as it is right now. The FFXI Icon Change program imports/opens/replaces using .BMP images and .DAT files only and doesn't work on .PNG files. Honestly, the very few changes I've made with this pack don't justify replacing the base games Icons with these, the vast majority of them will all look exactly the same.

I might update this pack in the future with some more facelifted Icons, but that won't be for a while, it took me 3 days straight to make this pack and I just want to unwind for a bit and actually play the game and enjoy them myself now lol.
 Asura.Panasync
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Panasync 2020-12-12 04:08:57  
Appreciate all the hard work that went into it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [732 days between previous and next post]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-14 18:49:42  
Appreciate these, they helped a lot.
 Asura.Yottaxa
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-12-15 05:43:37  
!! Thanks for this bump, the non standard icons was my biggest issue with using FFXIVParty, problem solved. I had no idea these existed.