Merry Xmas! Here's FFXI HD! (232,000+ Textures)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Dat Modding » Merry Xmas! Here's FFXI HD! (232,000+ Textures)
Merry Xmas! Here's FFXI HD! (232,000+ Textures)
 Ragnarok.Finea
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2021-03-10 16:50:43  
You’d only have to zone or just change gear between doing the stuff mentioned below - Someone asked something similar on Reddit, this was my response to them:

There's a few ways around this - One is to make an in-game macro, one other way is to make 2 .lua Scripts and bind both of those to key-combinations on your init.txt file

Easiest way to explain is in-game macros for Windower (I think the Ashita console commands MAY be different though? If someone can advise below, that would be awesome)

If you have downloaded both "AshenbubsHD-Basic" and "AshenbubsHD-Prime" and put both into your XIPivot DATs folder, you can do the following macro in-game to switch them:

**From Prime to Basic:**

/console pivot remove AshenbubsHD-Prime
/wait 1
/console pivot add AshenbubsHD-Basic
/echo Basic (x2) HD pack loaded
/console pivot status

**From Basic to Prime:**

/console pivot remove AshenbubsHD-Basic
/wait 1
/console pivot add AshenbubsHD-Prime
/echo Prime (x4) HD pack loaded
/console pivot status

Should look like this for the Basic macro.
https://i.imgur.com/kgrw9mM.png
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Skyekitty
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Skyekitty 2021-05-17 08:45:26  
First off, thank you very much for all you contribute! I have a question/request. Seeing as from what I've read, special effects/battle effects when scaled to HD or 4k don't scale properly and cause fps issues, is there a way to isolate your updated special effects or have them specifically in their own pack so I can overwrite the old effects with HD ones? Or am what I am asking for completely wrong and I have bad info? lol Awesome work, thanks!

(When I multi-box, bard songs KILL my fps)
By RadialArcana 2021-05-17 09:10:13  
This isn't aimed at me but I'll just reply until OP does.

Yes you can, every single thing in this game is a separate dat file.

Are you using Xipivot?
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2021-05-17 13:28:15  
I am fairly new at this process, I only recently discovered Ashenbubs HD files. I was just hoping there was an already isolated zip of just the special effects. I was too nervous to start anything without confirmation. Thanks for the response.
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2021-05-17 13:28:52  
I have downloaded xipivot, just haven't done anything yet per my last post.
By RadialArcana 2021-05-19 04:52:22  
Everything in FFXI is a dat file, so yes you can remove bard songs or whatever else easily from any hd pack so it keeps using vanilla ones. The issue is that you have to do it manually I believe since Ashen (i think) just has an all in one.

If you lag with bard songs now, then adding HD bard song textures will make it worse, the lag is caused by video card driver issues not working well with semi transparent textures from direct x 8 usually. I've fixed this in the past by downloading different drivers but it's hit and miss.

The crashes some seem to have is also linked to hd weapon skill and magic effect textures too from what I gather. Effects like weapon skills, magic etc have to load and display really fast and if they are too large they risk not loading in time and the game will crash. This usually isn't a problem but if you're in a group and all these effects go off in quick succession the combined load will increase the chance of one taking too long and it crashes.

When someone uses a WS, the game won't display an invisible weapon skill effect if it takes too long to load, it will just crash.

Some things can be easily upscaled, some things cannot. There are limitations of the engine to deal with.
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2021-05-19 15:28:06  
Thanks for responding, Radial. My issues is the reverse of what you are posting. I want to upscale ONLY the special effects, but I think you answered my question anyhow. Thank you!