Windower / HD Pack Issue By MH

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Windower / HD pack Issue by MH
Windower / HD pack Issue by MH
By renalaa 2021-07-03 00:32:41  
Recently I had to full reinstall to fix another issue (Which drove me nuts) but after reinstalling the HD texture pack, I have had one glaring issue each time I am online.

The A.M.A.N Liasion npc's are super borked. They are standing there outside of mog houses in the cities just fine, but they have no name plate. If I target them I 100% crash. Other issues include, huge texture tear/glitches? Like huge strips of random colors, there name stretched HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE far and flashing colors from the texture tear/glitches. (I can try and screenshot this later if people want)

I assume its some file janked on the HD pack, or not updated with the Liasions updated/added to the game? I figured I'd check to see if there are anyone else with this issue, or if anyone knows how to fix this?
 Asura.Wotasu
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-07-03 01:46:43  
Make sure you have the latest xiview installed, if you are using it.
By RadialArcana 2021-07-03 04:28:07  
The modded UI icons in that pack were probably not updated past the point the developers added the new user chat channel. There are NPCs next to the locations you mentioend with a new icon next to the name that the UI mod does not have.

So it causes the problems.
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-07-03 09:53:00  
Which pack are you using? If it's my HD Pack, make sure you redownload it as this was an issue with the old version that had XIView baked in... the most recent version of my pack doesn't do this.
By renalaa 2021-07-03 10:50:48  
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Which pack are you using? If it's my HD Pack, make sure you redownload it as this was an issue with the old version that had XIView baked in... the most recent version of my pack doesn't do this.

I had to check and yes, it is your pack I'm using. Good video guide, btw. I just downloaded it 2 week-ish ago? As said, I had to full uninstall everything, full reinstall everything to fix an issue I was having. Then I reinstalled the HD pack after. Has there been a new update since then?

RadialArcana said: »
The modded UI icons in that pack were probably not updated past the point the developers added the new user chat channel. There are NPCs next to the locations you mentioend with a new icon next to the name that the UI mod does not have.

So it causes the problems.

That.. is likely the case then. It glitches out something funky, but its kinda funny? More annoying when I like, go to port sandy to buy some reraisers/food and target the npc through the wall and crash though.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-07-03 12:54:10  
I don't even have an HD pack and I get the crashing when talk targeting those NPCs. Reinstall Windower, or whole game maybe?
By renalaa 2021-07-03 17:02:40  
Asura.Aquatiq said: »
I don't even have an HD pack and I get the crashing when talk targeting those NPCs. Reinstall Windower, or whole game maybe?
I'd prefer not to, but if I have to I will. I previously had windower(or something?) update and make it so my controller was controlling both my characters at ocne, and just finally broke down and full uninstalled+reinstalled ffxi+windower, and it worked. But I like the HD pack so reinstalled that and now have this issue. But hopefully it can get fixed!
 Asura.Truece
user: Truece
By Asura.Truece 2021-07-03 22:54:12  
I’ve had this same issue recently. Seems like you significantly reduce the chance of crashing in town if you toggle names off with the /names command.
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-07-04 09:04:33  
renalaa said: »

I had to check and yes, it is your pack I'm using. Good video guide, btw. I just downloaded it 2 week-ish ago? As said, I had to full uninstall everything, full reinstall everything to fix an issue I was having. Then I reinstalled the HD pack after. Has there been a new update since then?

That was right around the time I fixed it so yes I would recommend downloading it again, bet it fixes it.
By renalaa 2021-07-04 12:21:49  
renalaa said: »

That was right around the time I fixed it so yes I would recommend downloading it again, bet it fixes it.

Alright, I'll go look for it here when I get home later. Thanks Logical! Great vid guide btw, even lets someone as dumb as me set it up easily enough ^^
By renalaa 2021-07-04 19:27:13  
So unless I got the wrong pack, that did not fix it. (Went back to the youtube video, if theres a more updated one, then rip.)

It did seem to fix the tearing/glitchiness? But the npc still has a flickering/flashing about name - and targetting them = crash.

Might just turn off npc's names in town and see if that fixes it. But I just got home/sat down so I don't wanna fuss with it right now.
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2021-07-04 19:56:28  
As it has been said, this is caused by using an old XiView, exactly the rom/119/51.dat (UI dat). This dat won't work with xipivot, so you have an old dat in the actual ffxi rom/119 folder, replace it.
By renalaa 2021-07-04 21:49:01  
Ragnarok.Kenshi said: »
As it has been said, this is caused by using an old XiView, exactly the rom/119/51.dat (UI dat). This dat won't work with xipivot, so you have an old dat in the actual ffxi rom/119 folder, replace it.
Ahhh- I thought he meant the HD pack. Doing this did fix it. Holy crap I can actually not crash accidentally at MH's anymore!? ITS AMAZING. Sorry I'm dumb as a rock.