Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-11 17:45:43  
Viciouss said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »
If they make this an action game then I would be very very disappointed. Bioware lost it when they sold their souls to the American Devils. Dragon Age Origins was their last CRPG. They couldn't make any else without the button smashing afterwards.

Once again, Bioware is not making this game. This thread title sucks.
Fixed it :)
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-11 17:49:08  
Honestly, people are being incells about this. Just relax, I doubt they would let someone ruin a game like that. Also the battles will be better done as action combat, based off jedi fallen order. The original battle methods wouldn't fly today given the type of gamers that dominate the market.
By RadialArcana 2021-09-11 17:49:54  
Lucasfilm chose Aspyr to perform the remake it seems.

Regardless, the person they chose to be a lead writer on the project speaks volumes all the same.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-11 17:54:45  
Draylo said: »
Honestly, people are being incells about this. Just relax, I doubt they would let someone ruin a game like that. Also the battles will be better done as action combat, based off jedi fallen order. The original battle methods wouldn't fly today given the type of gamers that dominate the market.
you're the only incel here draylo
By RadialArcana 2021-09-11 17:56:25  
Honestly, people are being incells about this.

Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2021-09-11 17:57:45  
The way I see it, if this remake is great then awesome, modern version of one of my favourite games.

If it sucks, KOTOR I+II are both on Steam and I have both and actually the physical versions too so they're not exactly going anywhere.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-11 18:04:14  
Asura.Tsm said: »
you're the only incel here draylo

no u
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-11 18:25:29  
imagine coming to a game thread on a ffxi forum and calling someone an incel in 2021.

you need help dude lmao
By Jetackuu 2021-09-11 19:34:08  
Asura.Vyre said: »
To me, the definition of remake has been violated when they want to and do change everything, just keeping names and faces.
This is why the abomination that is the ff7 remake is gutter trash.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-11 20:23:01  
Asura.Tsm said: »
imagine coming to a game thread on a ffxi forum and calling someone an incel in 2021.

you need help dude lmao

No u

Imagine creating sock accounts in 2021 for a 20 year old game and forum just to harass people. Get a life.
By Viciouss 2021-09-11 20:49:24  
I am optimistic about this remake. Sony is producing it, and they have brought in some original KOTOR vets that fled the oppressive regime of EA and Bioware, it should be good. Jennifer Hale is the lead voice actress again, so that's already an amazing get. Just modernize the combat, stay close to the original story, and it will sell millions.
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-09-11 20:52:37  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Despite the fact that the sequel trilogy were horrible failures, Rogue One was a great movie, and regarded my many as no worse than the third best movie, and I personally look at it as the 2nd best. Despite the fact they had to do a lot of reshoots at the end, it still holds up well. They are giving it a prequel tv show even.
That's fair. Rogue One was pretty good.

The Mandalorian was pretty dang good. Not a movie though, womp womp. T_T
That's actually why I specified "movies", because I've heard fantastic things about Clone Wars and the Mandalorian, plus one or two of the more recent games.

So many good shows and stuff nowadays to watch. I want to see them all, yet I also want to go back and watch old favourites like Futurama from start to finish for the upteenth time. Plus I'm sitting here enjoying XI again until I find the motivation to go back to working on my game, and then that occupies my time lol

YOU DID NOT SEE THE MANDALORIAN YET WTH!!!
By Draylo 2021-09-11 21:14:49  
I am optimistic about this remake. Sony is producing it, and they have brought in some original KOTOR vets that fled the oppressive regime of EA and Bioware, it should be good. Jennifer Hale is the lead voice actress again, so that's already an amazing get. Just modernize the combat, stay close to the original story, and it will sell millions.

Wow didn't know they got her, already more excited.
By Viciouss 2021-09-11 21:19:32  
alzeerffxi said: »
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Despite the fact that the sequel trilogy were horrible failures, Rogue One was a great movie, and regarded my many as no worse than the third best movie, and I personally look at it as the 2nd best. Despite the fact they had to do a lot of reshoots at the end, it still holds up well. They are giving it a prequel tv show even.
That's fair. Rogue One was pretty good.

The Mandalorian was pretty dang good. Not a movie though, womp womp. T_T
That's actually why I specified "movies", because I've heard fantastic things about Clone Wars and the Mandalorian, plus one or two of the more recent games.

So many good shows and stuff nowadays to watch. I want to see them all, yet I also want to go back and watch old favourites like Futurama from start to finish for the upteenth time. Plus I'm sitting here enjoying XI again until I find the motivation to go back to working on my game, and then that occupies my time lol

YOU DID NOT SEE THE MANDALORIAN YET WTH!!!

It's a little overrated..they had to bring in more established characters in the second season because Mando himself is a nobody. I'm more looking forward to the Book of Boba Fett.
By alzeerffxi 2021-09-11 21:24:34  
it's not overrated its a 100 times better than the new movies i dunno what you mean, but yes mando being a nobody is why its so good,
By Viciouss 2021-09-11 21:34:20  
Being better than the movies isn't an accomplishment. I think there are more upcoming shows like Andor, Ahsoka, Rogue Squadron, Boba Fett that will be better than Mando.
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-09-11 22:22:19  
definitely is an accomplishment if it had a lower budget than the movies mando and bobba fett is essentially the same show too i think
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-09-11 23:33:36  
Imagine creating sock accounts in 2021 for a 20 year old game and forum just to harass people. Get a life.

At this point he's not really a sock account.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-09-11 23:50:44  
Jetackuu said: »
To me, the definition of remake has been violated when they want to and do change everything, just keeping names and faces.
This is why the abomination that is the ff7 remake is gutter trash.

FF7 Remake was the single greatest game release of the XB1/PS4 generation. By a wide margin.

You could make a case for Nier Automata and Red Dead 2, but I've played all 3 and FF7R is still well above those and any other title.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-09-12 00:46:33  
God of War >
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-12 01:14:18  
Just relax, I doubt they would let someone ruin a game like that.

A load of remakes from the past few years would beg to differ... as would how half-assed they've handled the Star Wars franchise at large over the last 6 years.

The battle system definitely needs some changes, though. The last time I sat down to it, 3-4 years ago, it was really clunky and crusty.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-12 02:00:46  
Battlefront 2 ended up doing good and Jedi Fallen Order was the best SW game in the longest time. Not to mention there are quite a few remakes that did well, namely FF7R and especially RE2 remake. Some would say RE3 remake was very good, but too short, but it got good sales and reviews regardless.

You guys just love to be pessimistic.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-09-12 02:08:33  
FF7 Remake isn't even a remake if you've played the game enough to understand what's happening in the storyline.
By RadialArcana 2021-09-12 06:46:35  
FF7R is a great game, but it's not FF7. The changes to the combat while not even offering turn based as an option was honestly really stupid. It would not of been even hard to add a turn based system for those that wanted it.

Honestly people are so jaded because they keep putting out crap and ruining franchises to try appeal and to new audiences, they also keep hiring people that are openly antagonistic to the fanbases of those things.

Of all the people they could of hired, why would they hire this person in particular. I mean really, it's almost as if it's intentional...because everyone is now talking about it and all.
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-12 08:02:00  
Some would say RE3 remake was very good, but too short, but it got good sales and reviews regardless.

RE3 remake polished that somewhat mediocre outing really well. I enjoyed it.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2021-09-12 08:52:23  
I've never played either KOTOR game, but I understand one of the largest components of the game was the story and lore based around the game.

It's why I'm in agreement with being hesitant to think the story behind the remake will be in good hands when it's helmed by someone who has a twitter like this:

I'm typically an optimistic individual and would like to see some more info before making any judgements, but the first impression isn't exactly friendly either.

I would love to see some evidence that the current writer isn't as... extreme as those cherry picked posts make her out to be.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-12 08:57:48  
Yikes, thats pretty bad
By Viciouss 2021-09-12 09:01:10  
I liked the midochlorian shoutout, the dumbest thing ever in Star Wars.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2021-09-12 09:03:08  
Yikes, thats pretty bad
Ok incel
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-12 09:46:52  
I liked the midochlorian shoutout, the dumbest thing ever in Star Wars.
People ascribe countless properties to them that aren't given in the films, but they're not bad on their own. The film gives them like three sentences in total, none of which conflict with anything given in the OT.

They don't really help the world building very much, but they doesn't really hurt anything either. It should have been a nothing issue.