When Your Family Figured Out You Play XI Too Much

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » When your family figured out you play XI too much
When your family figured out you play XI too much
By Jetackuu 2021-09-15 09:25:46  
I regret not letting it go.
[+]
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2021-09-15 09:36:02  
When my grade 10 Civics teacher threw his muffin at me to wake me up just to make me walk to Tim Hortons to get him a new muffin and a coffee for myself to wake the f*ck up. First coffee I ever had, haven't turned back since.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dajjal
By Bahamut.Dajjal 2021-09-15 09:44:52  
Asura.Zidaner said: »
I used to fill alot of pee bottles camping Sandworm and DI.

Shiva.Phioness said: »
Gatorade bottles mate (wider top and grip on the sides), I had em lined up camping Argus back in the day when i went 2/7 against bots n' shady qhunts.

Maybe they should augment the disclaimer:

A Word to Our Players

Exploring Vana'diel is a thrilling experience.
During your time here, you will be able to talk, join, and adventure with many other individuals in an experience that is unique to online games.

That being said, we have no desire to see your real life suffer as a consequence.
Don't forget your family, your friends, your school, or your work. Don't piss in bottles you f**king reprobates.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-15 10:13:09  
Bahamut.Spookyfish said: »
When my grade 10 Civics teacher threw his muffin at me to wake me up just to make me walk to Tim Hortons to get him a new muffin and a coffee for myself to wake the f*ck up. First coffee I ever had, haven't turned back since.
Despite oftentimes getting fewer than 2 hours of sleep on a school night, I'm thankful to say I never actually fell asleep during class.

I've been drinking coffee since I was like 5, though. Granted, back then it was more "coffee-flavoured sugar-milk" that my mom would prepare so I could feel more like a grown-up.

A lot of my late nights on XI can be attributed to whole litres of Lucerne-brand Iced Cappuccino.
[+]
 Asura.Shermansmith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Shermansmith 2021-09-15 11:38:31  
My brother and I used to share an account. He always hogged the computer in our room and I didnt care enough because I was older had more of a social life. Our grandfather would check in on us to see if he was playing in the middle of the night so my brother would click the screen button if he heard him coming, but most nights it was my grandfather who came in and start yelling at my brother and calling him a bum over and over, while I'm trying to sleep.

This happened over and over for years. I would say between 2005 to 2009.

Fast forward to today, and my brother is homeless smoking meth and im playing ffxi on and off since 2012 to 2021 hoping one day he comes back to playing ffxi.
[+]
By Baidos 2021-09-15 11:50:41  
When I started shouting for a Raise at my granma's funeral.
[+]
By schwarzi88 2021-09-15 13:09:00  
driving thou the town and ppl in front of me driving slow then turning .... "BLINKER MFer [Do you have it]"
or when i write with friends (even ones that dont know about FFXI .... "what's the battle plan NIN"
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-15 13:21:32  
schwarzi88 said: »
driving thou the town and ppl in front of me driving slow then turning .... "BLINKER MFer [Do you have it]"
or when i write with friends (even ones that dont know about FFXI .... "what's the battle plan NIN"
lol I use stuff like "{Config}ulations" in text chat all the time, to this day.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-15 14:28:11  

when you start saying "POIDH" in the course of a real day, face to face with another human.....it's probably time to plan a camping trip or something.
By Shichishito 2021-09-15 16:42:28  
wait, pee in bottle is unaccaptable? what about ***in shower??
By Starbucks 2021-09-15 17:00:06  
When I started speaking like a tarutaru IRL and my daughter caught me masturbating over a Mithra
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-09-15 19:27:26  
Shichishito said: »
what about ***in shower??
so i did some research.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2021-09-15 22:15:33  
They should have known early on.

Staying home from school for my birthday strictly to spend the entire day camping Leaping Lizzy and getting only 2 or 3 claims. This was in the 1st or 2nd year of the game and I was so young that the computer was communal in the dining room. I was basically on display playing the game for anywhere from 16-20 hours straight.

Later on in life, running off the high school bus, bolting into my room to catch the pop window on Bloodsucker.

Staying up literally the entire night camping Argus, watching my dad leave for work at 4am and he'd open the door and cuss me out or turn the computer off and leave. Then I'd boot it back up and continue camping.... I'd just sleep in class or in study hall. There were a few mornings where I'd drift off and pass out for 20/30 minutes at a time, and I'd wake to seeing a claimed Argus or his death in the log and I'd literally howl in agony, alerting the family to bolt into my room and question my sanity.

I think one of the biggest moments was on one summer vacation, I didn't leave my room for probably 15 days straight and played like 20 hours a day. Eventually I succumbed to lack of sleep and slept through a limbus event, in which the Homam Legs form Omega I was up for in DKP dropped, and they went to a newer LS member... I was distraught and just laid in bed for the whole day. My father came in and laid into me that I needed to get a life and threw me outside and locked the door.

Ah the good ol' days
[+]
By asuraasrial 2021-09-16 08:56:15  
I discovered 4-5 piss bottles in my sons room about 4 months ago from video game addiction. I laid into him terribly and so far have had no reoccurrence. At the height of my addiction that is still gross and unacceptable.
 Bahamut.Dajjal
By Bahamut.Dajjal 2021-09-16 09:39:04  
In light of these disgusting revelations, I petition OP to change the name of the thread to "Piss Bottles General".
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-09-16 09:53:46  
asuraasrial said: »
I discovered 4-5 piss bottles in my sons room about 4 months ago from video game addiction. I laid into him terribly and so far have had no reoccurrence. At the height of my addiction that is still gross and unacceptable.

He should of just pissed on the floor and blamed it on the dog.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-09-16 09:58:07  
I thought this thread would be full of funny memes...
instead its full of scary stories.
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2021-09-16 10:14:03  
with family and friends playing Taboo or some password type game and I get the word “biodegradable” not exactly sure how to describe it. I turn to my brother who also plays XI and say “not Dia, but” “Bio” and then went from there to get him to guess it. everyone had very confused and concerned looks but we got that freaking W baby
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-16 10:18:01  
"Sorry, honey. I just gotta hit Waughroon Shrine for a Bio Break before we Leave."
[+]
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2021-09-16 10:21:44  
I had just bought the game, I was sent to visit my dad for the summer.

My dad brought me into his working each day and I was running around installing ffxi on every computer I could find, not one was able to actually run the game (apparently they were not as good as a modern day toaster), it was a disappointing summer.

He was concerned I was addicted to the game from that summer on.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-09-16 11:34:25  
The nostalgic feelings of this thread:

Also this thread:

[+]
By schwarzi88 2021-09-16 16:21:32  
i used to start fight with my wife 30 min befor dynamis , she went to bed pissed , i had to then play Dyna .... had no other choice , but i made it up to her when i went to bed right before she woke up , that happended about every 5 days ;)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-16 16:29:56  
i used to start fight with my wife 30 min befor dynamis , she went to bed pissed , i had to then play Dyna .... had no other choice , but i made it up to her when i went to bed right before she woke up , that happended about every 5 days ;)

whew I thought I was the only one to purposely cause in-home strife for 3 hours of privacy.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-16 16:31:00  
Bahamut.Dajjal said: »
In light of these disgusting revelations, I petition OP to change the name of the thread to "Piss Bottles General".

Definitely not the direction I expected this to turn, because anyone who's served in the military kinda assumes all humans can hold their piss for 4 hours.....but when the window is 6 hours, I guess the math works out :)
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-09-16 16:56:43  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Definitely not the direction I expected this to turn, because anyone who's served in the military kinda assumes all humans can hold their piss for 4 hours.....but when the window is 6 hours, I guess the math works out :)

You're assuming no drinking to deal with Dyna or whatever event and potentially having broken the seal before event started. *Glares at 2008 era Dyna Sandy* lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-16 17:03:44  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

You're assuming no drinking to deal with Dyna or whatever event and potentially having broken the seal before event started. *Glares at 2008 era Dyna Sandy* lol

Its just all the kidney damage from too much soda and Monster energy drinks reducing how long y'all can hold it^^
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-17 01:15:38  
As a teen that never planned to drink alcohol(honestly, got that idea broken second year of college), I never stopped to think that people were playing drunk or high at events.

It wasn't until some years later that it was revealed to me by a RDM from my Dynamis LS that liked to try to MPK people. She made some comment on Facebook about always getting drunk on half a bottle of wine during Dynamis, and I was like, "You played Dynamis drunk?!" And her response was, "It's the only way that it's bearable!"

Realization dawned on me then, just how many folks I knew who played drunk and/or high.

I only ever played FFXI drunk once, and that was the night I finished up my level 85 Ukon back in 2011. I managed to scare my best friends Draginhikari and Fyea into going offline lol.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2021-09-17 03:28:43  
Asura.Vyre said: »
As a teen that never planned to drink alcohol(honestly, got that idea broken second year of college), I never stopped to think that people were playing drunk or high at events.

It wasn't until some years later that it was revealed to me by a RDM from my Dynamis LS that liked to try to MPK people. She made some comment on Facebook about always getting drunk on half a bottle of wine during Dynamis, and I was like, "You played Dynamis drunk?!" And her response was, "It's the only way that it's bearable!"

Realization dawned on me then, just how many folks I knew who played drunk and/or high.

I only ever played FFXI drunk once, and that was the night I finished up my level 85 Ukon back in 2011. I managed to scare my best friends Draginhikari and Fyea into going offline lol.

Yeah, like I adore this game and have fond memories of it, but when you really go back and think about the gameplay experience itself... this ***was absolutely *** miserable, lmao.

Good riddance HNMs. Eat ***
[+]
By ksoze 2021-09-17 03:57:44  
what about ***in shower??
so i did some research.
YouTube Video Placeholder

lol and it's gone. but.. .you know everyone knows