Error FFXI-3001: Connection Timed Out - Solution?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Error FFXI-3001: Connection Timed Out - Solution?
Error FFXI-3001: Connection Timed Out - Solution?
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-09-16 00:27:10  
Hi friends

I've recently been randomly receiving the error FFXI-3001 Connection Timed Out when zoning. It only happens every few days, but the window between instances seems to be lessening. The only way to resolve this is to login with a VPN, move from the zone, and then avoid that zone for some time. I should note, I have multiple accounts logged in and it only ever happens to one at a time. Does anybody know a permanent solution? Thank you.
By RadialArcana 2021-09-16 03:02:15  
If it only started happening recently it's probably just an ISP issue that will be resolved over time.

How long has it been happening?

First thing I would try is changing your DNS numbers.
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-09-16 12:47:41  
RadialArcana said: »
If it only started happening recently it's probably just an ISP issue that will be resolved over time.

How long has it been happening?

First thing I would try is changing your DNS numbers.

That's what I'm hearing from other sources. I appreciate the input. I did change the DNS numbers to no avail. But I've found that if I just login from my work PC, I don't have to use the VPN nor do my other accounts get disconnected so at least it's less annoying now when it happens.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-09-16 13:09:59  
It's a routing issue that crops up from time to time for people, there's not much you can do to resolve it other than using a VPN to change routes until your ISP eventually resolves the *** up node or changes routes themselves.

It's only happened to me once, and it took about a week I think before I could start logging in without a VPN again.