users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Returning Player LS
Returning Player LS
 Asura.Schroe
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Schroe
By Asura.Schroe 2022-09-15 18:41:20  
Any LS friendly to returning players? Looking for people to do content with casually.
By Mookies 2022-09-30 22:32:46  
I don't think anyone is friendly to new or returning players these days.
[+]
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2022-09-30 22:39:14  
Mookies said: »

Here's a thread with people who have indicated they have returning player friendly LS's on some servers.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2022-10-09 16:58:15  
When this happens it's the sign of a dying game, just move on to a better game where the people aren't so self isolating. A MMO game just isn't fun when you have to run 6 accounts on bots and or pay other people who are otherwise unwilling to do anything for anybody.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-10-09 18:38:30  
Asura.Jdove said: »
When this happens it's the sign of a dying game, just move on to a better game where the people aren't so self isolating. A MMO game just isn't fun when you have to run 6 accounts on bots and or pay other people who are otherwise unwilling to do anything for anybody.

But how else will i feel that im the best at FFXIing?
 Asura.Warmoose
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-10-09 18:38:33  

But how else will i feel that im the best at FFXIing?
By Draylo 2022-10-09 18:53:32  

The multiboxing thing aside, the game has always been like that. Cliques, statics, linkshells... Every era had groups that isolated themselves from others. Not a very PUG friendly game for the longest time now, but there are always ways to advance. It doesnt help that almost every new or returning player just quits again. Why bother helping them when they are just gonna up and quit? At least back in the day they stuck around for the most part.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2022-10-09 21:27:47  
They might not quit if there was actually people to play with. I think the reason people don't help anyone is because they want to charge them for it. Most cliques are 1 or 2 people now a days running multiple characters. Also the game is old and noone wants to do old content again and the people still playing are just die hards who refuse to move on.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2022-10-10 02:40:03  
They might not quit if there was actually people to play with. I think reason people don't help anyone is because they want to charge them for it. Most cliques are 1 or 2 people now a days running multiple characters. Also the game is old and noone wants to do old content again and the people still playing are just die hards who refuse to move on.

Or maybe they are having fun still and enjoy it? You sound really disgruntled. I dont get why people still don't understand this is a video game and people play it to have fun and enjoy themselves. There are people to play with on every server, you have to try and make friends. It's been like that since the beginning. Yeah most cliques are people multi boxing but you don't need more than 6 for anything in the game now. So you can find one or two people, who most likely multi box, and do everything and anything.

Blame SE for how they treated this game over the years, don't hate on the people who still enjoy the game. Its a sad fact but helping new or returning players, ya gonna get burned. I make sure I at least benefit somehow. Not gonna help if I'm not having fun or benefiting.
By Seun 2022-10-10 03:00:22  
I've always been put off by the phrase 'new and returning'. They're very much not the same thing and don't really belong together. New players would have a great time playing FFXI if they were content to play and learn the game with other new players. That's what adventure is. Unfortunately, that's not what most people are looking for these days.

Too many people incorrectly think they need to be participating in whatever is 'endgame' instead of something that will be challenging and rewarding to them based on their current standing. So you get a bunch of people who race to the end without picking up important things like game mechanics and job synergy. It's really no surprise when they're not even picking up spells or important merited abilities, ect.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2022-10-10 11:41:31  
Draylo said: »
They might not quit if there was actually people to play with. I think reason people don't help anyone is because they want to charge them for it. Most cliques are 1 or 2 people now a days running multiple characters. Also the game is old and noone wants to do old content again and the people still playing are just die hards who refuse to move on.

Or maybe they are having fun still and enjoy it? You sound really disgruntled. I dont get why people still don't understand this is a video game and people play it to have fun and enjoy themselves. There are people to play with on every server, you have to try and make friends. It's been like that since the beginning. Yeah most cliques are people multi boxing but you don't need more than 6 for anything in the game now. So you can find one or two people, who most likely multi box, and do everything and anything.

Blame SE for how they treated this game over the years, don't hate on the people who still enjoy the game. Its a sad fact but helping new or returning players, ya gonna get burned. I make sure I at least benefit somehow. Not gonna help if I'm not having fun or benefiting.
I'm not blaming or hating just simply stating how it is, and it is indeed this way. It is what it is.

Also tell this, "this is a video game and people play it to have fun and enjoy themselves",
to the people who treat the game like it is walmart and everyone who parse shames even when they clear the content. Good luck trying to make friends when no one even talks.
By Draylo 2022-10-10 17:26:17  
Yeah but everyone enjoys the game in various ways, theres no one way to play it. I used to have the same mindset about that merc culture, but in reality you can't dictate how people enjoy the game. That is just an antiquated mindset from the 75 days really.

The rest just sounds like Asura usual attitude. Parsing just something else people do to have fun, not really much to take serious unless you are seriously underperforming and then its quite obvious lol. People still chat, I get random tells all the time from people I don't even know but nowdays thats a new age MMO thing when so many things are instanced.
[+]