サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-02-19 21:23:11  
Siren.Akson said: »
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
I asked y’all to EXPLAIN to EVERYONE how does any SOLID Object move at Velocities in MPH ranging from 0 to 1,000 yet STILL remain a SINGULAR Object not SHATTERED into pieces.
This you?

Define: How is force delivered from 0-1000?
-Is it all at once?
-Or gradual
Such is an irrelevant Question.

Ofc it’s gradual since the Curvature towards the Poles is Decreasing in Diameter.
Is not irrelevant.
If you apply 1000 mph speeds to a human instantaneously the human will separate instantaneously.
You are skipping vital steps in making a well explained argument, things you feel are irrelevant.
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-19 21:23:47  
I asked y’all to EXPLAIN to EVERYONE how does any SOLID Object move at Velocities in MPH ranging from 0 to 1,000 yet STILL remain a SINGULAR Object not SHATTERED into pieces.
This you?

Define: How is force delivered from 0-1000?
-Is it all at once?
-Or gradual
Such is an irrelevant Question.

Ofc it’s gradual since the Curvature towards the Poles is Decreasing in Diameter.

Nothing as a Solid can move at Various Speeds in different portions of its own Existence.

That’s literally Pseudoscience Mathematics DEFINED

TRUE or FALSE

Show me ANYTHING capable of such Wizardry.

NOT a Trick Question.
Supply Evidence of anything being Capable of such.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-02-19 21:28:17  
You seem confused on this whole angular vs linear stuff. so lets brake it down to some simple object.

let us say I have a baseball bat, that is a long rigid cylinder made of wood. If I swing the bat so that my hands holding it travel along an prefect circle does the tip move faster than the part of the bat I am holding?

Remember we described the bat as rigid, by this I mean it does not bend or deform in anyway when swung.

You can think of this as tracing 2 circles the one my hands travel and the one the bat's tip travels.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-02-19 21:28:30  
The ability of a solid object to remain a singular object while moving at velocities ranging from 0 to 1,000 MPH (miles per hour) is dependent on several factors, including the object's material composition, design, and structural integrity.

One of the key principles that governs the ability of solid objects to withstand high velocities without shattering into pieces is the concept of elasticity. Elasticity refers to an object's ability to deform under stress and then return to its original shape once the stress is removed. This property is determined by the material composition of the object, which is in turn affected by factors such as the object's density, strength, and ductility.

Another important factor that contributes to the ability of an object to remain singular at high velocities is its structural design. Objects that are designed to be aerodynamic or streamlined, such as airplanes or race cars, are typically able to move at high speeds with minimal resistance and deformation. These objects are also designed to distribute the forces of motion across their surfaces, which helps to prevent any one part of the object from experiencing excessive stress or strain.

Finally, the ability of an object to remain singular at high velocities may also be influenced by the conditions under which it is moving. For example, objects that are moving through a vacuum or in a low-friction environment may experience less resistance and therefore be able to maintain their structural integrity at higher speeds.

In summary, the ability of a solid object to remain a singular object while moving at velocities ranging from 0 to 1,000 MPH is dependent on a variety of factors, including the object's material composition, design, and the conditions under which it is moving. By ensuring that an object is constructed from appropriate materials, designed to minimize resistance and distribute forces evenly, and operated under appropriate conditions, it is possible to achieve high velocities without causing the object to shatter into pieces.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-19 21:36:31  
I will show you then instead

Earth Circumference

The Circumference cannot be used to Measure the Rotational velocity of any Object in Space due to variations in the Diameter.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-02-19 21:41:09  

Earth Circumference

The Circumference cannot be used to Measure the Rotational velocity of any Object in Space due to variations in the Diameter.
Yeah ok for the earth alone...
Astronomical observations: Astronomers can use telescopes to observe the movement of stars and other celestial objects across the sky. By measuring the time it takes for a particular star to cross a fixed point in the sky, astronomers can calculate the rotation rate of the Earth.

Global Positioning System (GPS): GPS is a network of satellites that are used to determine the location and speed of objects on the Earth's surface. By measuring the time it takes for GPS signals to travel from satellites to receivers on the ground, it is possible to calculate the speed at which the Earth is rotating.

Foucault pendulum: A Foucault pendulum is a simple device that demonstrates the rotation of the Earth. As the Earth rotates, the plane of oscillation of the pendulum appears to rotate slowly over time. By measuring the rate of this rotation, it is possible to determine the rotational velocity of the Earth.

Laser ranging: Laser ranging is a technique used to measure the distance between the Earth and the Moon with high precision. By measuring the time it takes for a laser beam to travel from a ground-based station to a reflector on the Moon and back again, it is possible to detect small variations in the Moon's position due to the rotation of the Earth. These measurements can be used to calculate the Earth's rotation rate.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-19 21:41:11  
Fenrir.Niflheim said: »
You seem confused on this whole angular vs linear stuff. so lets brake it down to some simple object.

let us say I have a baseball bat, that is a long rigid cylinder made of wood. If I swing the bat so that my hands holding it travel along an prefect circle does the tip move faster than the part of the bat I am holding?

Remember we described the bat as rigid, by this I mean it does not bend or deform in anyway when swung.

You can think of this as tracing 2 circles the one my hands travel and the one the bat's tip travels.

From my Mind. Nope. You cannot swing a Baseball bat Faster at the End vs the tip of the Handle.

The Bat is covering more Distance at its End tip yet the Bat cannot Warp so the Velocity is the same across the Swinging motion in all areas.

You are claiming I am Wrong?

I do perfect Donuts in a Car. The Tires are Burning yet the Car still moves the same Speed in its circular velocity from Back to Front.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-02-19 21:41:24  

From my Mind. Nope. You cannot swing a Baseball bat Faster at the End vs the tip of the Handle.

The Bat is covering more Distance at its End tip yet the Bat cannot Warp so the Velocity is the same across the Swinging motion in all areas.

i do not claim you are wrong, i just dont see how you come to that answer.

How are you defining velocity? is it a measure of distance traveled in given time interval?
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-19 21:46:21  

i do not claim you are wrong, i just dont see how you come to that answer
Just like the Car itself. The only way to Motion the other end of the Baseball Bat is via moving the Handle itself.

You cannot multiply the velocity at the end of the Baseball Bat any faster than the velocity of the handle twisting to push such torque of force threw a swing of a Bat.

That’s my Uneducated Mind on that Topic.
No way would I believe anything different.

Reason Why my Mind doesn’t Allow a Contradiction to Coexist
Solids cannot travel at various Velocities w/o shattering into pieces.

To be FAIR. I would need serious tech recording a Swing of a Baseball Bat from every Vector point.

If I was WRONG.
It would BLOW my gd Mind cuz it’s defies the Concept of Solids motion as a Singular velocity
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-02-19 21:53:37  

I am unsure why you mentioned a car, please try to keep the discussion to the bat I described.

so you mention a solid, can you clarify what you mean by solid? is a humans a solid?

and how do you explain the bat tracing a larger circle? how can this happen if the tip is not moving faster? please explain in detail as i really dont follow.

Just like the Car itself. The only way to Motion the other end of the Baseball Bat is via moving the Handle itself.

You cannot multiply the velocity at the end of the Baseball Bat any faster than the velocity of the handle twisting to push such torque of force threw a swing of a Bat.

To be FAIR. I would need serious tech recording a Swing of a Baseball Bat from every Vector point.

If I was WRONG.
It would BLOW my gd Mind cuz it’s defies the Concept of Solids motion as a Singular velocity
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-02-19 21:54:06  

If I was WRONG.
I am unsure why you mentioned a car, please try to keep the discussion to the bat I described.

so you mention a solid, can you clarify what you mean by solid? is a human a solid?

and how do you explain the bat tracing a larger circle? how can this happen if the tip is not moving faster? please explain in detail as i really dont follow.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-19 21:58:49  

Earth Circumference

Yeah ok for the earth alone...
Astronomical observations: Astronomers can use telescopes to observe the movement of stars and other celestial objects across the sky. By measuring the time it takes for a particular star to cross a fixed point in the sky, astronomers can calculate the rotation rate of the Earth.

Global Positioning System (GPS): GPS is a network of satellites that are used to determine the location and speed of objects on the Earth's surface. By measuring the time it takes for GPS signals to travel from satellites to receivers on the ground, it is possible to calculate the speed at which the Earth is rotating.

Foucault pendulum: A Foucault pendulum is a simple device that demonstrates the rotation of the Earth. As the Earth rotates, the plane of oscillation of the pendulum appears to rotate slowly over time. By measuring the rate of this rotation, it is possible to determine the rotational velocity of the Earth.

Laser ranging: Laser ranging is a technique used to measure the distance between the Earth and the Moon with high precision. By measuring the time it takes for a laser beam to travel from a ground-based station to a reflector on the Moon and back again, it is possible to detect small variations in the Moon's position due to the rotation of the Earth. These measurements can be used to calculate the Earth's rotation rate.

I’m not denying any of such.

I am saying that
the Equator in that IMG must indeed Travel at the same Velocity at all points of reference otherwise The Earth is a Gas Giant or Ocean World rather than a Solid Mass.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-19 22:02:33  
so you mention a solid, can you clarify what you mean by solid? is a human a solid?

How about a Helicopter Blade instead?
This is Demonstrable & Provable

YouTube Video Placeholder

The Blade moves 60 Rotations per Second from One end to the other End
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-02-19 22:04:27  

no only the bat, its a simple thing there is not reason to make it more complex.

plus once we are in agreement you can use an accelerometer, such as a smart phone to run an experiment
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-19 22:05:35  

no only the bat, its a simple thing there is not reason to make it more complex.

The 60fps recording of Helicopter’s PROVES such as FACTUAL instead of my Theoretical analysis ><

That’s my ONLY Evidence to PROVE my Perspective

The Whole Blade spins as a Single Speed at a 60 Rotations per Second Velocity
That literally PROVES my Point
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-02-19 22:08:26  
Earth is not solid.
74% of the Earth's total mass is iron and oxygen.
Water makes up about 71% of the surface area
The crust makes up only a small fraction of the Earth's mass, accounting for less than 1% of the total.

However, it is assumed the mantle contains a significant portion of the earths mass in the form of magma.

Thus earth has elastic properties.
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2023-02-19 22:10:40  

The 60fps recording of Helicopter’s PROVES such as FACTUAL instead of my Theoretical analysis ><

Ok I guess we are done here, you can continue with your regularly scheduled lunacy (also just like the bat the blade tip moves faster than the inner portion of the blade.)
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-19 22:10:56  

The Blades can NOT Rotate ANY Faster Velocity at the Tip Ends than at the Center crossing Blade Area itself is Moving. Proving neither can a Baseball Bat nor a Car let alone an Earth do such neither. Circumference of the Rotation itself means literally nothing whatsoever & any Mathematical Equation claiming otherwise are Proven as being ERRORS in those Mathematical Equations.

Thats my Verdict
I am standing by that
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-19 22:17:51  

Ok I guess we are done here, you can continue with your regularly scheduled lunacy (also just like the bat the blade tip moves faster than the inner portion of the blade.)

I thought we were BFF lol. I know. I am terribly sorry.
I cannot possibly be Mistaken here. I am the only one w/ Evidence.

Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-02-19 22:55:44  
At least flat earthers have a community that works together to prop up their nonsense. Thinking that you alone have the answers to the universe is a special kind of lunacy.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2023-02-19 23:16:35  
This whole thing gives big '5150 hold' vibes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-02-20 02:01:17  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
One of the first signs of either madness or at least narcissism can be seen in writing. When the number of sentences that start with "I" outnumber sentence structure using other focus of topic.

The best sentence that ever started with "I" was by the great philosopher Caitlin Upton in her quote from the 2007 Gathering of Intellectuals when she said:

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future. For our children."
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2023-02-20 06:24:25  
Man, are people in here seriously debating whether the earth is flat or round? This is simple stuff.

To save on rendering overhead, the earth is displayed as a flat circle regardless of the angle from which it's viewed; the observer is expected to accept the illusion of a three-dimensional object in lieu of a full 3D model in the interests of performance.

So it's both.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-20 09:04:54  
Fenrir.Zenion said: »
Man, are people in here seriously debating whether the earth is flat or round? This is simple stuff.

So it's both.

Y’all literally got the Flintstones Rendition version of Astrophysics Clockwork. Who do ya think ya kidding. The ONLY Model of the Universe that is Fully Functional is the Electromagnetic Model. That which y’all claim does NOT even Work simply cuz y’all can’t EXPLAIN such therefore the Universe is a DUMB design.

Y’all Rendition is literally the Modern Fallacy of Flat Earth NOT mine there, Genius.
By shamgi 2023-02-20 09:10:34  
I cannot possibly be Mistaken here. I am the only one w/ Evidence.
This is an interesting statement, so let me ask you something:

What if you are wrong? Are you willing to admit that you might be incorrect in your beliefs? That there's some chance, however small, that you are mistaken?
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-20 09:15:09  
Yall claimed Sound cannot Exist in a Vacuum of Space
— Electromagnetism is literally Sound Waves fcs

Yall claimed Volcanism only exists where our Eyes can See such
Volcanism is Why the Gas Giants actually have such Atmospheres & Volcanism is also WHY our Sun is Solar

Yall Claimed our Sun as Liquid Gas object
— Solar Eruptions cannot be Conal Blasts minus SOLIDS

Nothing y’all said is actually CORRECT
— The Universe was not Built by the simple concept of Up vs Down

Your Version of Spacetime is an Extreme Fairytale
— None of y’all lil Childish Personal Insults changes that FACT
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2023-02-20 09:24:19  
I think this site should have a paywall subscription for bold and italic tools. Rooks'd be swimming like Scrooge McDuck from this thread alone.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-20 09:25:52  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
I think this site should have a paywall subscription for bold and italic tools. Rooks'd be swimming like Scrooge McDuck from this thread alone.
I only do that cuz the Points I am making apparently are never Read when I see ppl stating I am seriously preaching Flat Earth
VIP
By Lili 2023-02-20 09:27:33  
Somehow all of this has been caused by Common Core, I'm sure of it.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2023-02-20 09:36:16  

YouTube Video Placeholder

The Blade moves 60 Rotations per Second from One end to the other End

If y’all are CORRECT then y’all should be able to EASILY Explain why I am MISTAKEN w/ this Stance I had taken.

In my own Mind the 60 fps Camera can NOT lie nor deceive anyone w/ Mathematical ERRORS in Calculations.

The Blade Motions at 60 Rotations per Second at all Points on the Blade. It’s y’all MATH that’s Bending, Twisting & Distorting our Reality into a Fabricated False Reality proven by that Video Upload.

The odds of myself being WRONG are literally 0% chance when the Camera Shutter PROVES such as being the case.

Is the Extended End of the Blade covering a Wider Circumference?
— Well obviously indeed

Does that mean the Blade motions at Varied Velocities inward to outward?
— It cannot do such without Breaking itself apart