Tips For New NIN's.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Tips for new NIN's.
Tips for new NIN's.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-27 09:37:14  
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-27 09:42:31  
I hope nobody takes that whole evasion thing seriously. The mob won't hit you, not because you're evading it, but because the target of the attack is someone who is actually doing damage worth a damn.

As for wheel for hate, will work early on, but no, you can't ride it to 75 thinking it'll keep hate the whole way (higher the level you go, more damage produced by DDs, less good the wheel will do for you). Going to waste a lot of money trying the wheel later on for no reason, because you still won't have hate.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-27 10:03:55  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Going to waste a lot of money trying the wheel later on for no reason, because you still won't have hate.

Which is the reason evasion becomes a useless stat, only way nin is going to get close to holding hate is by dealing damage, which means equipping gear like a hauby, which, yes, has -evasion.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-27 10:04:00  
Pretty much NIN is broken up into two paradigms.
1-54 (The tanking levels)
54-75 (The ***no PLD, grab that NIN levels)

1-54 Evasion will be your primary stat. Get a THF, WAR/NIN and do the standard SATA. Things will be ok.

54-75 Damage will be your primary stat and evasion becomes less and less important since your damage dealers will be pulling hate off you very easily. You can try to counteract this with spamming the Ninjutsu wheel. I personally was able to hold hate for about 50% of the mobs life during 54-60. 60+ Forget about it, go full DD, swap in Enmity+ for Provoke and swap in Haste/Fastcast for Utsusemi. Try to hold hate... try being the key word =) You'll quickly understand the importance of a THF in party and RDM + BRD for haste.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-27 10:06:10  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
As for wheel for hate, will work early on, but no, you can't ride it to 75

Try telling that to my NPC... she pwned me with that wheel first time i fought her. /sam fails on Ni spells ; ;
But in all seriousness, no, I agree.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
 Alexander.Elkhorn
サーバ: Alexander
user: Elkhorn
By Alexander.Elkhorn 2010-01-14 14:40:33  
I agree Evasion is jack ***come after Lv 54ish in the game.. Throw away your Scorpian harness buy an Hauby+1 and unleash your fury apon vanadiel. I agree with Vegetto the Elemental Wheel will NOT hold you to 75 drop it as soon as you get blade Jin at what... 60? Blade: Jin is your best friend.. OH and what did he state about keeping hate?

Fairy.Specopsz said:
many people will go for Dexterity, for keeping hate. But if you have enough evasion, and Agility you should be pretty set.

are you a *** moron....? Dex helps you with your critical hit rate and you accuracy you twit CHR helps you keep up your hate the more CHR you have the slower your hate dwindles down Why do you think PLD gear is Packed full of Enmity and CHR +... simple fix though people ... dont listen do this twit if you want an invite after party 1...

Thank you for reading
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-14 14:43:54  
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
you twit CHR helps you keep up your hate the more CHR you have the slower your hate dwindles down Why do you think PLD gear is Packed full of Enmity and CHR

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/CHR

Read the last line before the job list.
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-14 14:48:44  
VIT also affects the stick rate on Elegy, since why else would a BRD use a Terra's staff over an Earth staff.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-14 14:51:08  
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
I agree Evasion is jack ***come after Lv 54ish in the game.. Throw away your Scorpian harness buy an Hauby 1 and unleash your fury apon vanadiel. I agree with Vegetto the Elemental Wheel will NOT hold you to 75 drop it as soon as you get blade Jin at what... 60? Blade: Jin is your best friend.. OH and what did he state about keeping hate?

Fairy.Specopsz said:
many people will go for Dexterity, for keeping hate. But if you have enough evasion, and Agility you should be pretty set.

are you a *** moron....? Dex helps you with your critical hit rate and you accuracy you twit CHR helps you keep up your hate the more CHR you have the slower your hate dwindles down Why do you think PLD gear is Packed full of Enmity and CHR ... simple fix though people ... dont listen do this twit if you want an invite after party 1...

Thank you for reading
Ever seen a NIN tank endgame mobs sitting down? Hmm. ***is situational.

Sometimes it's better to evade, sometimes it's better to DD, sometimes (usually not during EXP!) it's better to wear PDT and weather it out. Learn what works at each camp and at given levels for said camps. If you're overcamping you won't evade much, might as well toss on full DD gear. Hell, might as well anyway provided you're not taking crippling amounts of damage in the process, since that will vastly increase your ability to keep hate.

STR/Attack destroys DEX (provided you're ACC capped) unless you have a high dDEX and thus are getting large returns on critrate, so be careful about just stacking DEX. Haste is off in its own special category with Accuracy.

This is worth quoting again:
Quote:
CHR helps you keep up your hate the more CHR you have the slower your hate dwindles down Why do you think PLD gear is Packed full of Enmity and CHR
You're funny ^^
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-14 14:52:17  
Fairy.Specopsz said:
I recently just quit FFXI two days ago, to the people who continue playing, good luck to you. /Goodbye FFXI. /See you again!

Helping a necro, but stay gone. You're wrong about way too much for us to want a complete dipshit still playing.

HURR DURR DURR! LET'S *** EVASION SO THE MOB WON'T HIT ME. IT WON'T BE FACING ME, BUT IT'S SURE NOT HITTING ME! HURR DURR DURR!

And I'm talking about while levelling up. Not endgame NIN/DRK.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-01-14 14:55:27  
Super Protip for New NIN's: Don't suck!

Someone really should write a good NIN guide, I know I couldn't find a good NIN guide on "howto and when", when I was levelling NIN.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 14:59:24  
I vote that you should only respond to this thread if you have nin at 75 ( no exceptions) and you dont horribly suck at it (to not suck, you must be asked to main assist during dyna on your nin, and asked to be a back up tank or hell, your nin needs to nin/drk tank byakko in sky to not suck) then you can troll all you want ^^. Just my opinion. Does anyone really want to hear what lvl 37 nins have to say on the subject of nin? I'll gladly answer any question about the job, having pretty much one of the best nins on bahamut second to a few because they either a. have salvage or b. have more gear that I don't like the very good nin Phaedon.
 Titan.Gennss
サーバ: Titan
user: gennss
By Titan.Gennss 2010-01-14 14:59:28  
1-37 OMG GET IT OFF ME I NEED TO PUT UP ICHI levels
37-40 The i'm immortal levels (you die most often here)
40-50ish Elemental Wheel levels (Hey these spells aren't useless after all)

55+ TP Burn levels, if you need a tank grab a pld, if you can tp burn nin is just fine, work on your damage forget everything else

75+ Events, Situational, -dmg taken gear, + eva gear, +emnity gear, varies greatly.

[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 15:01:11  
Remora.Ninian said:
VIT also affects the stick rate on Elegy, since why else would a BRD use a Terra's staff over an Earth staff.

Its an earth based song lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-01-14 15:02:15  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:

Woosh

Also Gennss has the right idea.
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-14 15:03:23  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:

It was a joke. :<
[+]
By Ashitaka 2010-01-14 15:05:21  
For the most part nin's to 75 just gotta act like a DD who try to hold hate. It's pretty simple. EVA is big for soloing/duoing/Lowmanning.. IMO >.>
By Ashitaka 2010-01-14 15:05:55  
Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:

Lol I got it, reason I didn't answer =P
 Diabolos.Blombaga
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Blomba
By Diabolos.Blombaga 2010-01-14 15:06:06  
Honestly while I was leveling ninja to 75 if I was able to keep hate through a whole fight 55+ I'd replace whoever was gimp and kick when their replacment got to camp... at 55+ you become the first voke is all...
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 15:06:39  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Woosh Also Gennss has the right idea.

lolz yea I agree with Gennss as well. Thats just how it is. Ninja for me shined the most at endgame. It's worth the *** to lvl it to 75, and if you make it fun, it will be fun. It's godly as /dnc in campaign battle and I can solo some tough as nails NMs as nin/dnc as well. Once you get to 75, how ever you got there, merit your evasion skill to max, crit hit rate to max, and then make sure you buy the gear needed to be the situational nin you can be. And watch everyone's opinion of ninja shatter to pieces as they watch you do it right.

Subs to have with no exceptions

/war
/rng
/dnc
/drk
/rdm
/blm

and you can do everything your pt, ls, alliance needs of you.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 15:08:16  
Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:

THANK GOD! I read your otherposts on this site and you sound intelligent. So I was hoping that was a joke. If you don't know slow = earth you need to go back to pokemon.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 15:11:27  
Fairy.Specopsz said:
In the past, its been very hard to find guides and such for Ninja. So, I though I'd take the time to help you out. Wiki hasnt had the best guides, and no one has really made any on here. This wont be a wall of text, nor a boring little guide; its simply a quicky, to give you a feel for the job, and understand how to master the job in being the ultimate tank. The main things instead of pointing out what to do through each set of levels isnt going to happen here, I'm just going to help and tell you what stats are important at what levels. Levels 1-75 I dont care what anyone says, evasion is your main stat. Do what ever it takes to get evasion, write it, and say it over and over, you need this stat. The more evasion, the more easier it is to get your shadows off. A Ninja who cant cast its shadows, isnt a Ninja at all. Another good stat to try to get is Agility, many people will go for Dexterity, for keeping hate. But if you have enough evasion, and Agility you should be pretty set. The Ninja wheel. This is where you can keep your hate at. Spells are fairly cheep, and the tools arent to bad to buy. Best part is, they have Ni ones at higher levels, which makes you a monster at keeping hate. Everyone has they're different routes for Ninja, but this one from playing it worked out best for me. Your main spells will be the status effect ones, such as paralyze, blind, slow etc.. BUT, to save gil, I wouldnt bother getting them until the Ni ones at 40 . That really sums things up, Ninja is a tough job, that takes dedication and time. And plenty of annoyance. Have fun with it! Save your hate, dont bash this thread. Its all opinion, no one plays a job the same as the other. If you have more to add on, please do so. No, this isnt wiki, but this the next closes thing. I tryed to make this from kindness to help people wanting to do the job. I recently just quit FFXI two days ago, to the people who continue playing, good luck to you. /Goodbye FFXI. /See you again!

Haste is the main stat no? Thats why every good Ninja trys to achieve 23% haste?
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-01-14 15:11:59  
Fairy.Specopsz said:
being the ultimate tank

At first I thought he was saying Nin was the ultimate tank..I see now that I was wrong but I still got a good laugh.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 15:14:25  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Fairy.Specopsz said:
being the ultimate tank
At first I thought he was saying Nin was the ultimate tank..I see now that I was wrong but I still got a good laugh.

You would Zorander. You really would XD.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-14 15:14:26  
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
I agree Evasion is jack ***come after Lv 54ish in the game.. Throw away your Scorpian harness buy an Hauby 1 and unleash your fury apon vanadiel. I agree with Vegetto the Elemental Wheel will NOT hold you to 75 drop it as soon as you get blade Jin at what... 60? Blade: Jin is your best friend.. OH and what did he state about keeping hate?

Fairy.Specopsz said:

are you a *** moron....? Dex helps you with your critical hit rate and you accuracy you twit CHR helps you keep up your hate the more CHR you have the slower your hate dwindles down Why do you think PLD gear is Packed full of Enmity and CHR ... simple fix though people ... dont listen do this twit if you want an invite after party 1...

Thank you for reading
Fail nin is fail.
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2010-01-14 15:16:54  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:

THANK GOD! I read your otherposts on this site and you sound intelligent. So I was hoping that was a joke. If you don't know slow = earth you need to go back to pokemon.

Don't hate on Pokemon!!

Anyway my sense of humor is a little off, don't worry.

Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-14 15:17:50  
Remora.Ninian said:
Don't hate on Pokemon!!

I am a little off, don't worry.

Fixed

/stalk
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-14 15:22:23  
Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Don't hate on Pokemon!! Anyway my sense of humor is a little off, don't worry.

Lol no not hating on pokemon, its just the first real RPG anyone can say they played that required you to think about the element of your target and the move you were going to perform. It didn't take long for you to realize that a pikachu wasn't going to do jack ***against brocks onyx. You could watch the show and see that for yourself. Unless ofcourse your like me and your first RPG was FF1 when you were like 6 years old. Then you learned quick that thunder on water mobs in the sunken cave was a good thing and that damn blackmage you chose at the start was a good choice after all.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6