フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Man marries Video Game Character
Man marries Video Game Character
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-11-28 07:36:46  
Afterdawn.com said:
In the latest "WTF"-type news, BoingBoing is reporting that a Japanese man, who goes by the name Sal9000, has married his virtual video game character Nene Anegasaki, from the DS game "Love Plus."

The wedding took place at the Tokyo Institute of Technology, and had a real priest, real audience, and a slideshow of the happy couple's favorite memories.

The event was posted on Japan's Nico Nico Douga, a strange but popular video sharing site.

Below is BB's video report on the wedding, and we wish the bride and groom a happy life together.

ok, I call dibs on Shantotto :3
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-28 07:43:49  
How the *** anyone can make that marriage legal is beyond me... Does that mean if he drops his DS and breaks it he can be charged for murder? And can someone else marry the same character?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-28 07:45:32  
Smells like publicity stunt.
 Caitsith.Nixx
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Sixxi
By Caitsith.Nixx 2009-11-28 07:59:55  
are you *** kidding me? lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-28 08:01:33  
Really I just hope his wife ok with an open marriage, or else that kids gonna die a virgin.
 Bahamut.Ivve
サーバ: Bahamut
user: ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2009-11-28 08:58:30  
And we were busy worrying about the gays getting married. Looks like the the decay of the institution of marriage isn't related to homosexuality at all.
[+]
 Asura.Subzorro
サーバ: Asura
user: Tuxedo
By Asura.Subzorro 2009-11-28 09:08:44  
Where does this ***end!
 Asura.Lordgenbu
user: Lordgenbu
By Asura.Lordgenbu 2009-11-28 09:21:15  
So uh.. That wife is going to be one big *** *** considering that is one of three girls you can pick from on that game. Rofl
 Odin.Poppisgirl
By Odin.Poppisgirl 2009-11-28 09:58:08  
Odin.Blazza said:
How the *** anyone can make that marriage legal is beyond me... Does that mean if he drops his DS and breaks it he can be charged for murder? And can someone else marry the same character?

That made me lol pretty good Blaz :P And yeahhhh ..... this is just a tad messed up <,<
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-28 10:05:23  
Btw Poppi, if you quit FFXI I'm marrying your character. I'm not sure you have any say in it though.
 Hades.Leey
サーバ: Hades
user: Leey
By Hades.Leey 2009-11-28 10:08:10  
l o l

good luck
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-28 10:19:55  
Doesn't anywhere that this marriage was "legal". Having a real priest at the ceremony means nothing.

He will never get an entry on his Koseki.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-28 10:27:44  
We have this new news/talk show thing here in Aus that had this story on it last night, either I wasn't paying attention or they were wrong or both, but I thought they said it was a legal marriage, which is insane.

I wonder if playing any other game on his DS is considered cheating.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-28 10:33:14  
I don't know what's worse, people who play video games so much, they end up killing themselves, parents neglecting their children over video games or this.

This just took video game addiction to a whole new level. This is actually quite scary and that kid needs some serious help.
 Odin.Poppisgirl
By Odin.Poppisgirl 2009-11-28 10:35:22  
Odin.Blazza said:
Btw Poppi, if you quit FFXI I'm marrying your character. I'm not sure you have any say in it though.

>.> I'm not so sure I approve of this Blaz. She's too .. complicated .. and you're too .. simple? >:o) (<3 you really, honest!)
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-28 10:39:04  
Doesn't matter if you approve or not, I doubt Nene Anegasaki had a chance to decline and she's... happily?... married.
 Odin.Poppisgirl
By Odin.Poppisgirl 2009-11-28 10:41:37  
Odin.Blazza said:
Doesn't matter if you approve or not, I doubt Nene Anegasaki had a chance to decline and she's... happily?... married.

Yeah well ..... Ok, I gots nothing -.- But don't say I didn't warn you, she's crazy! (Chubbs if you read this, stfu >.>;;)
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-28 10:48:24  
Odin.Blazza said:
We have this new news/talk show thing here in Aus that had this story on it last night, either I wasn't paying attention or they were wrong or both, but I thought they said it was a legal marriage, which is insane.

It isn't legal. Just like marrying someone at church in France have no legal value at all. You need to marry in front of the mayor in a city hall and need to SIGN official documents.

How the *** an anime character is gonna sign something ? In b4 printer or automated robot lol.

An anime character have no official identity = no legal marriage. Hell you cannot even marry someone who is a "real person" but have no id (like an ID-less illegal migrant etc.) so don't expect Japan to accept weddings with virtual characters.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-28 10:58:25  
Well that's what you'd assume being a normal person. But this is Japan we're talking about :p
 Diabolos.Beaster
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Beaster
By Diabolos.Beaster 2009-11-28 11:12:09  
Things like this have happened before, but instead of a video game character, I believe it was a woman who married the Eiffel tower. At least this guy married something with a "personality," whether or not the marriage is "legal." (Which I'm sure it's not.)
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-28 11:18:23  
Odin.Blazza said:
Well that's what you'd assume being a normal person. But this is Japan we're talking about :p

Yeah but government is strict when it comes to these matters actually. It's not like politics like otaku and all.

Allowing this would be opening the pandora box in a country like japan. People would start marrying to FF XI characters, anime/manga characters, game characters, etc... *** crazy.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-28 11:33:57  
My first impression is "wat" and then "who cares". I've seen tons of crazy stuff like this, but marriage is prolly a first.
Kind of weird they allow "this", but won't get gay people get married. Idk about the laws over there, but this post has me befuddled.

Leviathan.Angish
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Angish
By Leviathan.Angish 2009-11-28 11:36:17  
That is just so freaking sad. . .

I was reading at Kotaku last time that mostly 85% of Japanese boys are so obsess with games to the point that they forget about how to take care of themselves and are mostly virgins but, marrying a Game Character is just out of bound.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-28 11:37:11  
I remember a guy marring his lifesize hug anime girl pillow...so it doesnt surprise me.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-28 11:39:31  
Yeah some did that, but well again it's just "married".

What's worse are people treating dolls as real person, it's not that common but some guys are into this.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-11-28 11:42:44  
I'm expecting him to divorce "her" whenever the first dating sim for the 360's Natal camera comes out. :p
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-28 11:44:10  
Valefor.Sketchkat said:
I'm expecting him to divorce "her" whenever the first dating sim for the 360's Natal camera comes out. :p
Oh god I can just imagine...
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-11-28 11:45:03  
Actually we have already system similar to Natal on available on PC which works with dating sim :)

With some sensor + USB you can do awesome things. I'd like the video but it would be NSFW obviously.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-11-28 11:45:10  
I'll make it twice as bad. I'll marry my in-game character. Then it's an in-game gay marriage!
[+]
By ararita 2009-11-28 12:55:21  
LoL!!!!WTH??? ok..ok...is Sephiroth available? LMMFAO!!!!!! why not?
First Page 2