users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Hagun ENM
Hagun ENM
 Fenrir.Artor
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: thejoe
By Fenrir.Artor 2009-11-29 00:36:57  
I'll get straight to the point. I'm never gonna save up enough to get 2.4M for the Hagun, nor am I going to fork out real money for fake money. What I do see if doing the ENM for it though, but I need help and I am willing to help others get the Hagun if they help me get it. Afterwards if you want to keep doing the ENM for profits I'll gladly chip in.
I am normally online at 3 to 6:30pm Central, then I go to work, then log back in from 10pm to 2:30am central.

Unfortunately I tried to solo it as a Sam/Nin and got my *** handed to me. So I have to wait 5 days til I can get the key item again.

Please if anyone can help me or if ppl want to make a static for the Hagun please contact me ingame or to someone in my linkshell

thank u
 Bismarck.Xenshi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xenshi
By Bismarck.Xenshi 2009-11-29 01:23:41  
get some friends together and do annm and isnms (puk fight). they easy to do with a few friends, can be done often and can get u some fast gil..usually k ores got for 500kish on my server. A few good runs and your golden. The annms are usually split but can walk away with 200k each on some of them. Just find the time to do em and gil will flow in like crazy, Good Luck and keep hope alive lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-29 01:28:37  
Hagun ENM kinda sucks. Most of the time we get nothing or some lol item.
[+]
 Caitsith.Dakren
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Dakren
By Caitsith.Dakren 2009-11-29 01:50:29  
I'm not on your server, but I am in the same boat. I got tired of Hagun's drop rate (0/30 on the ENM ><) A few weeks back, I decided to try saving for it instead. It really is surprising how much gil you can cough up if you really try... I'm up to 2,000,000 now, cashed in some IS for goldpieces (but kept enough to do 3 more ISNMs, which should last until I go meriting again), I try to farm mandatory 100k every single day (Zi'tah and Diatrymas mostly), and I converted all my beastmen seals to the gil I could scrape together. It may sound like a lot of money at first, but if you can pull in 100,000 gil every day, you'll have a hagun after 24 days on your server, which isn't too bad.

Also, don't do Royal Jelly. Since the introduction of the new rings, Archer's Ring simply does not sell. >< Hope this helps!
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2009-11-29 02:07:14  
this fight is extremely easy duo, just the drop rate is the problem. Good luck.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-11-29 02:20:55  
ENMs are a great way to make gil, especially if you have a static group willing to do multiple areas (Boneyard, Bearclaw, Mineshaft, Promyvion, Ashu Talif, etc). They're free to enter, as opposed to ISNM/BCNM/KSNM/ANNM and the like which all require a minimal investment to enter (in the form of seals, ISP, AN, or whatever. Thus you can only do as many of these as you have the resources for).

I think you're on the right path, looking for an ENM group. Many groups also merc out the Cloud Evokers to endgame linkshells for extra gil.

When I was big on ENMs, I had a static group of 4-5 people, and every sunday before Dynamis we'd get together for a few hours and knock out ENMs in Boneyard, Bearclaw, and Mineshaft, freelotting the lesser drops and splitting gil on the sale of the larger items.

I know you'd like to get a Hagun for free (dont we all), but I think you'd have better luck finding people to go with you if you offer to sell/split the larger drops you get. With some luck on drops and the patience to save your gil, you'll have enough to buy your Hagun in no time at all.

I say it works better this way because I know what the drop rate is, and I know most players do not have the patience to consistently enter the Hagun ENM for months on end to get everyone in thier static a free Hagun. The drop rate is simply too low, and unless your static has some insane luck or is just that dedicated to continue going until it happens, then you'll all be happier splitting the gil on your sales. Trust me when I say players will argue over a single person keeping an expensive item that everyone put forth equal effort into obtaining. The only time this is not the case is between close friends... but if you're asking for this type of help on a public forum, you'll find better results if you keep things fair and profitable for everyone. You'll quickly learn that people you barely know will rarely be willing to put in countless hours worth of effort to make you profit when they're getting nothing in return. Why should you be the first to obtain the Hagun, why not me? We're both doing the same amount of work, they'll say...

I believe a sell/split system works best for ENMs, simply to keep things fair between everyone involved. It's impartial, and will continually make profit for you and anyone who goes with you, thus keeping everyone rich and happy. You'll just need to learn to be patient and learn to save your gil.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-29 02:21:42  
Yeah I mostly do it cause we also do X knife there at the same time
 Hades.Konru
サーバ: Hades
user: Konru
By Hades.Konru 2009-11-29 02:55:23  
ENM is great. Drop rate ain't so great but, hey, if it were prices wouldn't be as high as they are now, don't you think?

Anywho, Hagun ENM is the way to go. Not only for the Hagun itself but also for Forager's Mantle that sell decently. Cloud Evoker also drops which you can sell to most HNM LS that like to do that fight. I've sold one for 500k which is not a bad deal considering that you are not likely to setup a group willing to go do that battle.

I suggest you get some friends or setup a static with people. Instead of keeping the first Hagun, why not sell anything you get and split the loot? The ENM can be done with as little as 3 people. Maybe the hopes of splitting up the gil might entice some peeps to help you do it. 2m+ between 3 is 650k+. At 650k if drops are good for you, you can buy a Hagun from your static group eventually. Sure it won't be overnight but, hey, at least you're getting somewhere!

You should try it like that because honestly I wouldn't help someone with that ENM and then they get to keep a 2.4m+ item for themselves, lol! ><; Well, I'm ranting now, good luck and hang in there. You'll get it soon enough.
 Fenrir.Artor
user: thejoe
By Fenrir.Artor 2009-11-29 03:10:38  
the sale and split idea sounds awesome, I have absolutely no problem with that. getting chunks of gil to go toward the purchase of a hagun will be just as sweet. I dont think normal farming of tree cuttings and moss will do it. I do have about 27k in IS that i'm not doing anything with. i'll look into using my stacks of seals for gil.
now i just need to gather some ppl. my social ls is great but we mostly do a simple exp pt from time to time., my other linkshells i'm hardly in so i doubt they'd want to help, but if i say we can split the profits, maybe some will participate
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-12-06 01:52:51  
been doing hagun ENM for 4-6 months 1x/week. you can go every 5 days but were not on every 5 days.
we trio with WAR SAM RDM and have only seen 2 haguns and 1 Foragers
so we added Promy-Vazhl ENM after for chance at a Toreadors Ring

a quicker way to make 300k with 100% drop is KS30:Royale Ramble
ive seen it shouted for on Fenrir and we shouted for 2 p/u's just this past week so we would be 7/7 for the KS

7 because Balga's Dias is a chore to run back from and we just use a rotating DD to minimize downtime, the rotating DD is the only person that pops the chest, even if its not their orb.

the ISNM is kinda iffy, i ran on one today and lucked out, k.ore dropped 1/6, myself being the only to get lucky lol.

ANNMs are decent to do too. takes 3000 AN per player, then works like a ENM where everyones key item is destroyed.

if i have alot of downtime i jump on RDM and solo Brothers or Holy Cow ENM

the easiest route is having a sky shell and spending the pts to win a k.osode and then just flipping it for a hagun lol