users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » New Moon - Twilight Saga
New Moon - Twilight Saga
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-09 00:01:13  
I'm not one of those crazed Twilight fans, but I enjoyed the first movie and I went to see New Moon. For the most part it was pretty good, but the scene where they're leaving the Vel Tauri (or however it's spelled) and you hear the people scream is haunting me. I know it's stupid and it's just a movie but I can't put it out of my head. Anyone else feel this way about it or am I just squeemish? ;;
 Asura.Miseko
サーバ: Asura
user: Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2009-12-09 00:12:32  
Personally I was disappointed with the first movie after reading the book, so I haven't seen the New Moon movie, but from what I remember about that part of the book is that it was supposed to be extremely creepy. If your easily scared that is probably part of it too. I know I freak out from horror movie commercials >.<
 Seraph.Aena
サーバ: Seraph
user: Phoenixe
By Seraph.Aena 2009-12-09 00:17:29  
Apparently I'm being taken out to this soonish. I'm not sure what to feel about it. ,___, We'll see...
 Asura.Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2009-12-09 00:35:12  
For all its worth, I did hear it was a lot better than the first one, actor quality related. I was really turned off of the first one from the crappy quality by every one in it. That and finding out after waiting for 1hr+ we were in the line for Bolt.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-09 01:33:34  
My wife is nuts about the whole Twilight saga (read the books, love the first movie and the second one, etc.) although after seeing the first one, tbh, I didn't think it was all that great personally. Some of the acting was kinda cheesy, a few of the actors were way too emo imo, just really wasn't my cup of tea. Not that it was a bad movie, mind you, just could have been better.

Having said that, I went with my wife to see the second one a few days after it came out. Aside from the seemingly gratuitous amount of shirtless guys scenes that had absolutely not a damn thing to do with the story itself it seemed (hi2u Indian guys) I must admit storywise, the second movie wasn't all that bad. Some of the acting was still a bit cheesy and the whole hey, I'm an emo girl thing has been played out a bit much, but overall, wasn't a bad movie imo. Lot better than the first one anyways.
 Odin.Ahligieri
サーバ: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-12-09 01:41:53  
I've also heard it wasn't as bad people as people thought it would be (coming from people that were against it), but I just can't do it. I'd revoke my own man card.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2009-12-09 02:20:56  
Personally I wished Host was Meyer's book that became popular. I liked that one more.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-12-09 02:29:39  
One thing though, not to spoil the ending for anyone. At the end, where the two main guys are like talking then look like they're going to get into a fight. I couldn't help but thinking they were going to break out in some old school kung fu movie lines or something like that.

<Guy 1> You're Iron Fist style is no match for my Standing Water!

<Guy 2> You're Standing Water kung fu will fall before my Flaming Baboon Fist of Fury!!!

[+]
 Siren.Jingles
サーバ: Siren
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2009-12-09 02:39:11  
Personally, I found the second movie to be extremely disappointing. I mean, the first one was so low-budget, I could honestly laugh from opening credits to end credits without stopping. That thing was hilarious. The horrible acting, the terrible writing, the shoddy special effects--pure entertainment. The second, however, was trying so hard and was so drawn out, I couldn't even laugh at most of it. Mind you, I did get a kick out of a lot of the scenes, especially the "I'm coming!", "I don't want you to come!" scene.

Honestly, the Twilight "saga" is glorified fanfiction and doesn't deserve the amount of praise, attention, and money it has received. If you need to read some good, fluffy romance novels, pick up some Jane Austen or anything written by the Bronte sisters. At least they included revolutionary commentary for their time while writing unique and original plot lines; Stephanie Meyer simply penned her wet dream while subconsciously injecting her views on "feminism" (those of maybe 300+ years ago), domestic abuse, and pedophilia.

Go to this site. If you aren't convinced by the end of it that Edward's not God's gift to women like everyone thinks he is, humanity is worse off than I thought.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-09 21:01:22  
Somehow this turned into a do you like the movie section. Yes I did like the movie, but that part is terrorizing me whenever I think about it I freak the hell out.
 Bahamut.Ryuke
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ryuke
By Bahamut.Ryuke 2009-12-09 22:08:39  
Anyone that watched and liked this or the first one needs to have their grand mother taken out and BBQ'd and fed to them. What the hell has good money been spent on..... Don't ppl realise that they're really been fed old filthy trash anyway?
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2009-12-09 22:28:32  
Wow someone's angry! Just think, if everybody liked the same things you do, well then you'd have nobody to rage against! Heaven forbid someone enjoyed a movie that you didn't!!!!!!!!!11!!!111!!!!!!!! :OOOOOOOO*explodes*

Btw I haven't seen the movie, that part was sad in the books, especially that one lady who knew they were vampires. ; ;

I loved reading that forum Jingles ^^
 Siren.Corrin
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Corrin 2009-12-09 22:30:16  
Yeah that scene was kinda creepy. Was actually surprised that it was done like that. A lot more intense than I would have thought it would have been so I can understand where you are coming from.
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2009-12-10 15:41:03  
That lady wants to be a vampire, I doubt she wanted to be a ' vegetarian ' like the cullens, so I suppose she got a little Pre-emptive Karma. You don't see her die in the movie (or hear her) but the kids... omg I'm never going to a 'museum' again..