users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Moldy Earring and Blade: Chi
Moldy Earring and Blade: Chi
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-01-04 11:35:58  
I have my ninja to 56 and was thinking. With the moldy earring I usually only use it for the PCC bcnm, or other times when I'm using my wheel, I haven't used it in a while. However today I was reading about Blade: Chi and noticed it has a 30% INT modifier. With that said does the moldy earring effect blade: chi damage? my current earrings I'm using at this level are cassies and the earring that gives 4 evasion. I was thinking of swapping molding earring for my evasion earring to see if that enhances blade: chi damage, but if someone here has an opinion please share.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-01-04 11:39:35  
MAB =/= INT.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Julto
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Julto
By Pandemonium.Julto 2010-01-04 11:49:25  
Elemental WSs are affected by MAB. It is a modifier that only minimally affects damage. Examples of Magical WSs are Rock Crusher/ Earth Crusher. Magical WSs can't miss, but instead be resisted for 1/2 damage, 1/4 damage and so on. A recommendation is to stack Accuracy first, then go for INT followed by MAB, (However, right now you're damage will still vary greatly. To test this yourself use Blade:Chi on Couerls who are weak to Earth spells/damage.)

Lastly I want to point out that the Moldavite Earring is level 47 and will not grant you it's affect of MAB+5 in a level 40 capped BCNM. Your best option is either a Cunning Earring or Morion Earring.