users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Alexander » Organ farming
Organ farming
 Alexander.Neph
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2010-01-08 10:29:47  
|I'm interested| in getting some obis and am trying to gather enough people to forcefully collect organs from some Sea mobs.

Post here or let me know in-game if you're down.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-08 10:43:51  
NIN/DNC should be able to solo all the mobs you need organs from outside. The lower level Ul's that is, not sure about the Om's. Good luck though!
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-01-08 10:44:58  
Bit of Advice:

Organs can be solo'd by nearly any job.
Seems you have THF. you honestly shouldn't have a problem.

Flower Organs for the earrings can be farmed Solo by any RDM, BLM or SCH.
If you don't have those jobs, then duo it with one of them.

UFO Organs can easily be done with 4 people (BLMx3 and COR Grav-Sleep-Nuke)

Just want to save you a headache of trying to get a lot of people together for this.
[+]
 Alexander.Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2010-01-08 10:51:18  
Awesome, will try soloing today. :D
 Fairy.Akiba
サーバ: Fairy
user: Akiba
By Fairy.Akiba 2010-01-08 10:59:02  
I soloed my way through 3 Obis. Ice, Dark, and Thunder. Nin/Dnc and I took down all.

I actually can kill the Om' level mobs as well... the Sharks are a tad bit difficult but they drop better. The only thing is their Shock Spikes suck really bad when they are in effect. Use Drain Samba 2 to help it hurt less.
[+]
By Beouvle 2010-01-08 16:42:06  
But it is funner to kill things with other people, right Neph??

Hit me up in game sometime, I haven't seen you in a {Long Time}.

BTW Ethelif says {Hello!}
 Alexander.Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2010-01-08 18:29:41  
Yes it is. ^^

Safer too. I started farming as thf but switched jobs cause I'm bad with links. Thank god for Perfect Dodge.

But yeah, the farming's going good.
 Alexander.Nepharite
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-01-09 13:35:14  
hey neph if you need any help with organ farming, hit me up as well~
 Alexander.Neph
By Alexander.Neph 2010-01-10 11:32:10  
*sniff* I feel so loved. ;__;
[+]
 Alexander.Helder
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-14 13:24:32  
Hey a couple of friends and I were trying to setup some UFO farming but it's been difficult. I have rdm and my friend kitsunewolf has smn, stridingcloud has a number on jobs but I don't think he has anything useful other then thf for the non 100% drop ufos and I'd like to get him his shadow gorget for mercy stroke.

We've killed the lower level ufos with thf smn smn and rdm before but it's hard to find a 4th ATM. However my plan was to get 5-6 people try to take onthe 100% drop ufos spend like 3-4 hours killing and get everyone thier organs.

Only thing is we need smn or blm or sch the rest is kinda useless I think. The other thing is me kit ans striding need 2 organs a piece for shadow/light gorgets. We should talk if we can possibly make this work.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-14 13:48:37  
You can duo the lower level UFOs MNK/NIN and BRD/WHM
They have to be pretty good, mind you
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-14 14:13:03  
Fairy.Spence said:
You can duo the lower level UFOs MNK/NIN and BRD/WHM
They have to be pretty good, mind you

I'd imagine it'd be really hard since smnX2 me on rdm and striding on thf tanking it while smns rested was no picnic.

The to moves were killing striding and his thf is better then most on our server.

I'd really like to avoid low manning it to that degree since from what I experience it'd be near impossible.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-14 14:30:39  
Fair enough.
I just find it a hassle to find people to just plain help, and I don't like my odds of getting a drop if all 5-6 of us want the organ.
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-14 14:45:26  
Fairy.Spence said:
Fair enough.
I just find it a hassle to find people to just plain help, and I don't like my odds of getting a drop if all 5-6 of us want the organ.

Meh I'd make an event out of it I'm getting bored with the game anyhow and the drop is 100%. Get 5-6 people you trust stay there a couple of hours and get ppl as much organs as they need, kinda like a soboro run. You spend a litle time but the next day the time is irrelevant and you and your newly made friends got badass gear.

The problem with the lower end ones is 50% drop rate 2 per zone and 60 minute repop, that sucks when between 3 of you you need 6 organs lol, 1 or 2 is great but 6 is a nightmare unless you kill 2 each day and come back for a couple weeks straight.

By Ashitaka 2010-01-14 14:48:33  
Used to duo them sam and rdm, low tp feed helps a lot against these for obvious reasons. they are pretty easy to tank.. just need macros once he makes you naked. Other than that takes about 5 min to kill one.
 Fairy.Darkei
user: Darkei
By Fairy.Darkei 2010-01-14 15:39:11  
take care with Aern family and reraise, squids: kill a baby fist and later you can kill the mother and 1 baby, for sharks and aern hecho drops or healing waltz if you go nin or /nin, ufos, hard but slow, look for a goods blm and you have done, also the blm's can win exp ^^
 Alexander.Helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-19 16:22:19  
Blm are great but so are summoners. Have Garuda tank and predator claws while having up diabolos with avatar favor for Garuda. Rdm refreshes both of them, once Garuda dies diabolos will take hate since he will be attacking and then get Garuda right back up to tank again. If mp needs to be healed rdm can kite until mp is ready. Takes like 10-15 minutes because of regen but it works for lower end ufos.

For all other lower end monsters Sam/dnc with soboro and tanking gear can solo all of them. Yuki and kasha for melée style mobs and gekko to silence big nukes esp aern elementals they will pwn you hard if you don't gekko them to silence. Sharks can be dangerous because of shock spikes I just turn away keep seigan/third eye up and meditate if I need to heal. Attack food greatly increases time to kill them since Sam/dnc alot of dmg comes through tp process.
 Alexander.Keldewis
user: Keldewis
By Alexander.Keldewis 2010-01-29 11:59:40  
yo Neph! im interested in organ farming for the gorgets hit me up
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-29 12:11:19  
Om'Yovra are duoable (though rly hard) never any reason to do Ul'Yovra, ever (Om'Yovra are 100% drop). If you want to make a difficult Om'Yovra into an easy one, just add a brd. Mnk brd rdm makes cake of an Om'Yovra in less than 10 mins. So even if you need to get 1 organ for each person, that's 3 organs in 30 mins, rather than killing multiple Ul'Yovra and no drop.
 Alexander.Riker
user: RikerAlex
By Alexander.Riker 2010-02-08 22:07:28  
BRD and RDM make an intimidating mob a pushover. Backbone to any HNM fight.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-08 22:14:31  
A really good blm or sch can solo the lower lvl UFOs and every other mob type with ease. I here a good dnc/nin can hold a ufo forever but can never get enough dmg to make a dent in it lol.

Though really alot of jobs can solo the others. I've done most of them on blm and thf and solo'd them all on blu for spells.
 Fairy.Specopsz
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-02-08 22:42:56  
Sorry to burst the bubble.
But when I first layed my eyes on this title.
I could'a sworn this said Orgasm farming.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-02-09 01:14:28  
Two recommendations I can make having farmed a buttload of organs recently:
- If you can't kill a whole family of Xzomits before the babies start repopping then grab a second person. Momma squids are 100% drop, did 20 in two hours with a hardcore little taru the other night.
- The Om'Hpemdes that spawn farther away from the Sealion's Den zone [they swim under the water like sharks] are still pushovers and drop faster.

Fairy.Specopsz said:
Sorry to burst the bubble.
But when I first layed my eyes on this title.
I could'a sworn this said Orgasm farming.
WTB
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-09 01:40:53  
Meh, quotes aren't working. :/

"If you can't kill a whole family of Xzomits before the babies start repopping then grab a second person. Momma squids are 100% drop, did 20 in two hours with a hardcore little taru the other night."

I can do this solo as BLU or SCH, both strategies are similar.

If I do this as SCH, I wait until I have 4 charges and a full Sublimation waiting. I'll pull the mama with some spell that isn't DoT, like Bind, then Manifestation + Sleep II and that puts them all to Sleep, then Gravity the mama, Ebullience all nukes, Bind if it gets too close, and Aspir at least once. When using that charge, MP will run low so that's where the Sublimation charge comes in. It's been a while since I've done it, but if I remember right, it took about 4 tier IVs with Ebullience to finish the mama. After you finish, you haul *** to a zone. I used to do this with crappy gear, but I'm sure a decently geared SCH can do this.

If I try this as BLU, I go as BLU/THF for TH, since Mama Xzomits also can drop Luminian Tissue. I have Zephyr Mantle, Diamondhide, and Refueling up with full MP. I start off by pulling the mama with a ranged attack (chakram), then when they get close, Actinic Burst, then Soporific. After that I get behind the mama, CASA + Vertical Cleave, though I'm sure Cannonball works fine as well, I just like Cleave. After that, just use the Big 3 and MP Drainkiss when they're up, and Head Butt as much as you can. It usually doesn't survive longer than 2 rounds of the Big 3 spells. After it's dead, I Flee and haul it to a zone (notice a pattern here? lol)

Both of these get me at least one Xzomit organ and about 1/3 of the time I get a Luminian Tissue, with BLU/THF. At the moment I think I have at least 15 Xzomit organs in storage from trying to get tissue.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-09 01:44:55  
Yeah I do the same on blm. Just sleepga the group gravity and burn it before sleep wears off not to hard. Back when I couldn't kill as fast or efficiently sometimes I'd just do sleepga then overwrite with sleepga2 like a 30-45sec later and try to get it where it sleeps the mama too. Didn't know they had such a great droprate with Th1 on tissue though.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-09 01:50:00  
Well don't quote me on that exact percentage on the rate on tissue drop. I do know I don't have to kill many of them to get the tissues needed for obis. If memory serves, the last obi I got, the Dark one, I killed about 7 of them to get my 3 tissue. Either way though, even with TH1 the drop rate isn't so bad, which is why I started doing them as BLU/THF instead when it came to getting tissue.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-09 02:07:03  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Well don't quote me on that exact percentage on the rate on tissue drop.
Hades.Stefanos said:
Both of these get me at least one Xzomit organ and about 1/3 of the time I get a Luminian Tissue, with BLU/THF.
Ha take that!
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-09 02:08:07  
Good luck on your organ farming, I my self know it can be a ????.
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-09 02:08:10  
Haha nice, well played.