Apple's ITablet: Future Of Gaming?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Apple's iTablet: Future of Gaming?
Apple's iTablet: Future of Gaming?
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-01-26 15:30:28  
Looks Ngageish to me...

That was dubbed to be the 'Future of Gaming' It turned out to be a smelly turd sandwich.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-01-26 15:31:11  
Quote:
With high tech gaming applications available for the iPhone and iPod Touch, gaming has already become very popular with these new devices. However, with the larger tablet on the market, it could take portable gaming to an entirely new level.

wut? Besides silly little application games, Apple and Gaming have nothing to do with each other. At. All.
 Asura.Foxxy
サーバ: Asura
user: Foxxy
By Asura.Foxxy 2010-01-26 16:13:48  
Don't get me wrong i love my iPhone and some of the games are pretty fun but touch screen will never replace the controller (or keyboard/mouse if thats what you like) and a mac as gaming platform thats just sad >.>
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-01-26 16:27:23  
I'm not a tablet guy but for $800 for this is a joke. If you buy this to game on its a waste of money, cost 2x the amount of a 360 or ps3. You can get a lap top that is way better for that amount. Now if your a Graphic artist cs4 ect.... this might work for you if it comes with a pen for programs that you would use a graphic tablet with, Which would save you money because i believe the tablet/pc hybrids cost like $1200+.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-01-26 17:10:30  
Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
wut? Besides silly little application games, Apple and Gaming have nothing to do with each other. At. All.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Quote:
If you buy this to game on its a waste of money, cost 2x the amount of a 360 or ps3

Except Microsoft and Sony DID charge an insane amount of money for their consoles, and people bought into it.

As shitty of a company as Apple is, people seem to love to buy their products. I, for the life of me, can't understand why. There are better products on the market for just about everything they put out, but people LOVE paying for the Apple name. Steve Jobs could package up dog ***, charge 500 dollars for it, and dumbasses would not only buy it, but wait in line during a nuclear winter to do so.
 Remora.Narrubia
サーバ: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2010-01-26 18:04:59  
Apple is obviously not making a device like this for the gaming market. This screams art and media productivity, but I can't imagine it being at all good for any kind of game. You have to remember, until this last few years, Apple produced computers for ease-of-use, reliability, and art/media production. Apple might think, or at least market, that there is some kind of gaming potential in their computers, but they will never be able to one-up gaming consoles or gaming computers.

But it looks great for graphical work. Too bad it's going to cost an arm, a leg, your first-born, and your soul.