フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Samurai Polearm questions
Samurai Polearm questions
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-01-27 11:24:41  
Yes

but then again merits for me are fun for me so I like to do the best I can..and 101% of the time that includes eating food. Even being the lovely "voke ***" in an average pt where I will have hate for almost every fight.. I will always eat food even tho it will most likely be gone in a few moments. It's just what I do, Merits are my pride and joy in this game so the least I could do is eat food to make me just that much better.

Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 11:24:51  
That's hardly an average tbh, that's a pretty wide range.
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-01-27 11:37:13  
it is, instead of putting of list of all my problems, i'll just say, i have satellite internet, which gives me a delay of a couple of seconds, so my overwhelm doesnt always hit, because other dd's get hate and i hit the *** or the side of the mob. also my macro for gear change and ws is in 1 macro, and sometimes some of the gear doesnt change from my tp to ws.....
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 11:38:43  
You using windower macros? if so, what is your pause (wait) set to? I know I always did wait 1 w/ conventional macros. W/ windower macros I use 1.2~1.3ish to help offset the lag and generally works for me 99% of the time
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-27 11:42:54  
Bahamut.Pjohn said:
Bahamut.Rumaha said:

You should come to the ZNM we might do tmrw, I have gears pop want Aurum Feet, and I have Tomoe so its free lot if it drops, etc Bird will probably ask you tmrw anyway.

Edit**

And I think a few other Gears pops as well.

This Jerk shows up to the last of 5 Armed Gears runs that I straight tanked all 5 wasting tons of shadow tools and steals my Tomoe then has the audacity to offer some stranger over the forum . . .

"One who Blocks with Face" when Bahamut opens you better watch your back!!!!

*** please! I offered it to you too, but you left, he is in our LS now ;o

Edit**

And I was going to give you 5 stacks of Shihei lol, but you ran away!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 11:43:19  
Let's hoo-ride on that foo!
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-01-27 11:51:34  
Bahamut.Pjohn said:

Your fate is sealed words can't help you.

Vegetto you I'll get the ride you get the heat.

Pfff, I'm probably not going to be on Bahamut much longer anyway, apparently I'm the new you!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 11:53:02  
*** yea, I love to man the harpoons.
 Ragnarok.Titox
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-01-27 11:59:55  
i want to ask a question...
my main/first job have been have been sam...but i never tried polearm sam in dynamis city....since 95% of the time in dynamis city i use war/nin...
do polearm sam/nin or /war in dynamis city are good even w/o bard(using Marinara Pizza)?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 12:02:33  
I don't have personal experience w/ that one, as I always have at least 1 bard (or a cor), but w/ pizza, accuracy isn't going to be an issue, so if you can average the same or higher ws dmg w/ polearm as you could GKT, it'll win (5hit > 6hit)
 Alexander.Helder
サーバ: Alexander
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-27 12:08:51  
I'd be hard pressed to find a better job to bring to a merit party then Sam/war that puts in the same amount of time into his pole build as his gk build. With madrigal double minuet and march 3 Sam/wars can nearly clear out both top and bottom bird camps.

Since you are killing so ungodly fast seigan an third eye actually trumps ninjutsu since you won't take more then 2-3 hits and pecking flurry Is absorbed fully.

My friend shadowfur and I have similiar builds and play style and a penta from both of us will kill a bird from full with bersek up. With usukane I'd imagine a pole build would be better then sex itself.

I'm not sure how well 3 maneater ridill wars would do but I'd imagine it'd be the only thing close or 5drg 1brd.

Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 12:10:34  
WRONG SET OF BUFFS
Eat sushi if you're having acc problems. Double march always.

You'll be killing fast enough to forgo seigan third eye at all and be able to fulltime hasso.

Also 5 drg 1 brd is a waste of a party.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-27 12:13:30  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
WRONG SET OF BUFFS

You'll be killing fast enough to forgo seigan third eye at all and be able to fulltime hasso.

How come? I've always wanted to try a DRG burn
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 12:15:24  
Fairy.Spence said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
WRONG SET OF BUFFS

How come? I've always wanted to try a DRG burn
No haste. Let's say we repped 1 drg w/ a rdm and had the others sub sam. Let's say they have 20% haste in gear each

23% increase to each of the remaining drgs, which is more than enough to beat the drg who doesn't have hasso and is subbing whm, also losing 6hit by a long shot.
 Fairy.Spence
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-01-27 12:18:51  
Oh, I see
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 12:21:20  
ANY merit pt w/o haste is subpar to an identical set up, swapping the weakest link DD for someone who can haste.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-01-27 12:25:47  
@Veg if I ever jump to Fairy we must merit!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 12:32:31  
Not to mention dia II/III

337 defense before Dia II, 293 after)

Let's say we have 550 attack

((550/293)-.35)/((550/337)-.35) = 20ish% increase (unless i plugged in the terms incorrectly, which is possible, as I'm using my computer's POS calculator)
 Alexander.Helder
サーバ: Alexander
user: helder
By Alexander.Helder 2010-01-27 12:45:37  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
WRONG SET OF BUFFS

With all my acc gear during penta and capped pole I'm still in the 70's for acc without hasso that's why I use madrigal but your saying double minuet double march and eat sushi? If so I'll give it a try fulltiming hasso makes a big deal so yea I'd like to have it up. Usually just get one guy to voke and use seigan/eye while others hasso and kill.

With 1 brd go minuet march and sushi?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 12:55:33  
march march always, and if you can get your regular hitrate high (as well as ws), you're fine w/ meat, but for pure frequency, if your melee acc is low you're better w/ sushi. Remember, penta'ing more > epeen pentas
 Fairy.Maimed
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-01-27 12:55:37  
Imo Double March seems more worthwhile than March/Minuet in meritpos.
[+]