フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Your best katana ws dmg ever
Your best katana ws dmg ever
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-27 16:19:41  
And how you got it. I recently was main assist in dynamis sandy (i'm quite good at it ;) and I broke 1k blade jin while under the effect of yonin. This was note worthy because I usually only get 600s blade jins when under yonin. I have since failed to reproduce the same dmg output on similar strength mobs and was thinking:

Hey make a thread and get input from other ninja lovers who have had either a similar experience, advice to help me break 1k again under the same circumstances, or anything amazing to share ^^.

NOTE: Do not come in here and troll about how ninja sucks and you hated getting it to 37 blah blah blah or how you had a shitty ninja for a tank. Let's just keep it to my topic please. Also I know evisercration blau dolch pwns in nyzul isle. I'm thinking more outside of squishy birds. So please add if you have something useful to share ^^.
[+]
 Shiva.Shabba
サーバ: Shiva
user: Shabba
By Shiva.Shabba 2010-01-27 16:32:37  
need ACC DEX STR and critic +

mostly based on critic so it's very unstable against tough mobs...

really earlier i was thinking woot NIN pwns etc..

but in endgame melee damage not that great even with relic ( there was a guys in my LS.... with dual wield KC <.< what a waste... )

then i leveled SAM and seen solid damage on anything...

GL, it's a fun job though, usefull against non-end game thingie, just my though...
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-01-27 16:35:47  
Blade Jin's damage is a multi-hit weaponskill. Its damage is mostly from landing every it and then if those hits proc as critical damage. Most likely what happened is you had double attack proc (from /war; Brutal Earring) so more than 3 hits landed (4 if dual wielding) and each successful hit proc'd critical.

You can verify how many hits land by your resulting TP after the weaponskill. I'm just guessing here as I can't remember the exact TP output of Jin but it should be something like 12 TP after Jin (5 per katana and 2 extra hits). So if your TP was higher you can verify that you were landing more hits due to Double Attack. Each additional hit will be one TP higher than your standard TP return.

Basically, spike 1k+ damage from Jin is luck based. You won't be able to reproduce it every time. Only if double attack procs and the WS crits. And to be honest I'm not sure if every hit can crit or only the first one -.-;
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-01-27 17:05:57  
okay ya i thought so, i was /war no brutal tho. My crit hit merits are max and i have two katana merits. my str is like 71+26 and dex is 70+25 I could squeeze some more str in but I keep acc rings on because alot of my gear i swap out is straight str or little to no acc on the pieces during ws and I know with multihits acc is a factor. I was also eatting coeurl subs.

tp is 20% haste with relic body, yes I tp in relic body, its godly.

but ws is hauby, fourth hands, fourth head, warwolf belt swap from swift, chivalrous chain, and thats about it. This being said I was wondering if doing the moogle add on and augmenting the anwig salade with the str, attack, and weaponskill acc+15 would make a huge diff as a ws piece. I'm leaning toward yes, it might even be useful for my cor to ws in as well.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-27 17:48:19  
Not going to go into it, but really, relic body is not godly. If you need the acc, use Marinara Pizza +1. Finish your katana merits, swap back to AF body, and you'll fare better.

Other than that, I've seen a couple 1500+ Jin's at Greater Colibri. Major DEX builds, and I'm sure every hit was a crit, along with extra double attacks. I've got 75NIN as well, but I don't feel like putting the merits into it to make it better. My Samurai does what I need it to do.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lynxll
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Lynxll
By Phoenix.Lynxll 2010-01-27 18:11:35  
Screenshots or it didnt happen!!!!
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-01-27 18:12:50  
Relic body isn't even as good as NQ Haubergeon.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 20:42:12  
Siren.Enternius said:
Truth
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-01-27 21:04:51  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Truth

but hauby's are so ugly ; ; koga body fits so well with the rest of my gear!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 21:05:19  
Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Truth

Dat swaps
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-01-27 21:06:27  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Truth

Dat swaps

there are dat swaps for hauby? or you mean swapping haub dat for koga? cause that would just confuse me x.x
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-27 21:08:16  
Swap it to anything you like. Koga is *** though
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-01-27 21:11:57  
bah. i might switch back to af body. anyway! to keep on topic.. I did 2477 jin to an open mouth Om'goldfish! 12xx to a campaign yag. also 900 kamu to the same yag. i get mad double attack procs, even with no /war and just brutal. though i must admit i don't have much of a ws set. haub/fourth head/ninja+1 hands(koga at night)/marine m boots, warwolf swapped in only.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-01-27 21:13:31  
If acc is capped AF body, if not capped haubergeon. Both are much better choices for TP.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-01-27 21:18:30  
I do actually know which is better btw, and i do use the correct one as appropriate. but i mostly duo/solo and on things where it doesnt really make much difference~
 Fairy.Specopsz
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-01-27 21:28:07  
Over 9000.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-27 21:36:15  
Garuda.Feifongwong said:
If acc is capped AF body, if not capped haubergeon. Both are much better choices for TP.

How do you cap acc on nin on anything thats worth killing?
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-27 22:05:43  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Garuda.Feifongwong said:

Pizza+1, merits, normal ACC gear. It's not like you're a pup or something.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-27 22:12:45  
Pandemonium.Vincentius said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Garuda.Feifongwong said:

Pizza 1, merits, normal ACC gear. It's not like you're a pup or something.

I get that lol, but Hauby kinda goes in the cathergory of acc gear, guess I'll rephrase my question.

How do you cap ACC on nin with using AF body on anything that is worth killing?

I got full katana merits, and when i use hauby i still need to eat crab sushi to get even close to ACC cap on birds.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-27 22:59:03  
Main problem is that you're not going to do as much damage as someone else will. You have an A- main weapon, your WS's highly depend on critical hits to do damage, and on something tough, you don't crit as much.

If you're really trying to turn NIN into an endgame DD, just go swap to your SAM or RNG. (Used those because I see you have them at 75) They're going to do more for you with less effort. You can try all you want to turn ninja into a great DD, but it's just not worth the effort.

In short: Change jobs if you want to DD something over lv83~.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-27 23:02:17  
Pandemonium.Vincentius said:
Main problem is that you're not going to do as much damage as someone else will. You have an A- main weapon, your WS's highly depend on critical hits to do damage, and on something tough, you don't crit as much.

If you're really trying to turn NIN into an endgame DD, just go swap to your SAM or RNG. (Used those because I see you have them at 75) They're going to do more for you with less effort. You can try all you want to turn ninja into a great DD, but it's just not worth the effort.

In short: Change jobs if you want to DD something over lv83~.

hehe i know all this. my question was more rethorical to this statement.
Garuda.Feifongwong said:
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-28 02:21:04  
Good point. I think we agreed on that, lol.

And I think they were just referring to the comment I made about lolKoga.

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Truth

If you're looking for a sexy hauby, do this one.

Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-28 02:25:48  
Well, no matter how LOL koga body is, its still better than AF acc wise, I really wish they had put some acc on AF+1 body though.
 Fairy.Vylandra
user: Vylandra1
By Fairy.Vylandra 2010-01-28 02:33:56  
I've gotten several pretty good jins in meripos but I never really bothered to screenshot. Here's one I screenshotted a long time ago. With double attcks/crits the dmg gets pretty good like all have said. I did a few closer to 1500 back in the day before I deleted katana merits. This was done in standard nin ws gear. I can give you the full gearset used if you actually want it but w/e. I fail at img resizing and such...not really good with photoshop or even paint for that matter so I apologize for the massive size.

Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-28 03:03:43  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Well, no matter how LOL koga body is, its still better than AF acc wise, I really wish they had put some acc on AF 1 body though.

That's the problem. If you need ACC, you use Haubergeon. You don't use Koga, because it's not as good as Haub. If you don't need the ACC, you use AF because it's like adding 5% melee haste.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-28 03:09:25  
yep. My point is just that I would like to see the TP gear that the ppl who says "If ACC is capped then use AF body" use, well capped on anything tougher than T mobs that is lol
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-28 03:23:53  
Well, lemme see what I can run up here for a Greater Colibri TP set.

Of course you're going to be limited to accuracy food, because let's face it... Ninja's accuracy isn't the best. I'm going to go with a fairly easily obtained TP set, not going to go into what I'd be wearing.

That right there is still 19% haste, along with enough accuracy to get you to cap on lv82 Greater Colibri with the use of Crab Sushi. Wasn't too hard, was it?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-28 07:16:06  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
yep. My point is just that I would like to see the TP gear that the ppl who says "If ACC is capped then use AF body" use, well capped on anything tougher than T mobs that is lol
and everyone else's point is don't use koga, as for DD purposes, it is NEVER the best
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-01-28 07:18:37  
Koga Chainmail's only use: Claiming Dark Ixion.

+90% accuracy? Ninja Chainmail (+1).

Need evasion? Scorpion Harness (+1).

Need accuracy? Haubergeon (+1).

Need both evasion and accuracy? Scorpion Harness (+1).

Ignoring Usukane Haramaki since it's basically just a fancier upgrade from the harness for this topic.

Name a situation where "mid-ground" evasion would be acceptable (since when the hell wouldn't you want more evasion when you don't want Haubergeon's -EVA to begin with?), but you require heavy accuracy: There is none.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-28 07:22:01  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
and everyone else's point is don't use koga, as for DD purposes, it is NEVER the best

try and read before responding? in my first post in this thread i was questioning why someone gave the advice to use AF body over koga, not once have i argued that koga > hauby.

I did however say that koga > AF body because its hard (or expensive) to reach acc cap using AF body.

My NIN TP item set has hauby even though i own koga. clear enough for you?
First Page 2