フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Tools?
Tools?
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-01-28 02:09:33  
/rant kinda

So, I tried to party my 61 DRG today and got invite with a Party Lv.55.. I joined w/o really asking cause nothing better to do at this time of night.

There's a Ninja as the tank and there is a thf- so I'm /war for first voke, even though there is a mnk/dnc which coulda took more hits than me (until I see their gear) then realize even me in full drg af would be better.. they are 74 by the way.. and no I'm not using all drg af.. just sayin it's better then the 74 mnks armor....

So we proceed to fight- things are going ok but the Ninja is not even tanking after the thf hits 700+ sata on them.

So I ask the ninja to use Hojo/Jubaku.. if they not keeping hate at least can use them to enfeeb some... They don't even have the tools to use it. We are lvl sync to 55 but the Nin is almost lvl 70.. this is just ridiculous. I'm pretty flexable with peeps being under-geared or w/e.. but come on..

tl;dr:

Isn't this one of the most important aspects of the job? Do Nin just not care anymore about using their tools or what is going on? I think just got a bad one tonight but I don't party often so it was pretty discouraging.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-28 02:16:21  
He better have been chucking shurikens like they were going out of style if he doesn't use tools
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-01-28 02:22:00  
Yeah it's like that these days. I was actually complemented on using elemental ninjitsu the other day. It's like my drunk uncle at a barbeque saying he's better than someone else because he pays his child support.

YOU STUPID IDIOT!!! YOUR SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN!!! DON'T TAKE CREDIT FOR IT!!!

Maybe they just realize "Oh ***the RDM's just gonna overwrite it anyways."
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-01-28 02:38:13  
Hell I don't care if you land your enfeebling ninjitsu or if it gets overwritten by the rdm one bit. You do it for *** hate in a pt. Not because it debuffs the mob... that is just extra.
 Fairy.Vylandra
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vylandra1
By Fairy.Vylandra 2010-01-28 03:05:52  
Actually doing those for hate in a party is pretty much a waste of time if you're doing more than one. You could generate a lot more enmity with your melee hits with the proper gear and haste than you would from those debuffs. Leave the slow/para to your rdm if you want to actually have hate on the mob. I can understand if you have a fail mage that isn't debuffing or just doesn't have the MP for it and you're getting wrecked. Especially with a thf...you shouldn't need to do that at all for hate. Just focus on doing as much dmg as possible, you're not a pld and you don't keep hate through spells.

Ele wheel is pretty useless on birds with their magic resistance rates...sure you'll get a good one every now and then but it's not likely you'll get unresisted "nukes". Once you get to around 52 or so you can drop the wheel and get some decent ws gear for chi > jin and hate won't be too much of a problem from there on.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-01-28 03:13:33  
Jubaku as soon as the mob is within range when puller brings it, followed up with kurayami, and it doesnt take alot of time to toss a hojo in there as well.

ele wheel though is meh, imo atleast.
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-01-28 11:27:35  
Having a DRG (piercing dmg) be the first voke in a nin tank pt, is really not all that smart in the first place. The ninja should have just voked, the thf could TA ws's and you'd have been fine, but that doesnt sound like what happened, you got some noobs, i'm sorry.