日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Trumpet shell fishing
Trumpet shell fishing
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2010-02-05 07:07:16  
ive been doing this past few days and boy does it suck bite rate is like 15-20 a hour.Now i have exect same set up as next guy fishing there but they seem to be pulling up every other cast what am i doing wrong lol help please 10-12 hours fishing makes me alittle insane.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-05 19:13:55  
Comparing what's on your profile to Wiki, it says you should be using Robber Rig, not Rogue Rig. (If you're using Robber, disregard this reply. XD)

Seems your Fishing skill is pretty high, too. :/ Hope you get some good answers.
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2010-02-05 19:19:06  
been using rogue rig cause i see others using this and they pull up like 25-30 a hour but no matter what i use can only do 15 a hour or so
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-05 19:22:08  
There is no way he is consistently pulling up ever other cast. With robber rig (the best thing to use) and ebisu and 100+2 fishing skill and the gp body the best I've averaged for the day is 25%. That's like best moonphase. I've had as low as 10% for the day and average a little under 20. There have been times I've temporarily had a good 50% for like 30 or so catches. I've always with 0 fatigue started the day out with 45 in a row that weren't trumpet shells. At the end of the day though it always averages out.

Be glad you aren't fishing Matsya... be lucky to get 4 bites an hour using ex bait. Be lucky to actually pull up more then 1/3 those bites without your line or rod snapping

Also kida generally is a pretty good resource for fishing
 Carbuncle.Ancientdragon
By Carbuncle.Ancientdragon 2010-02-05 19:28:53  
just did a hour there fishing first 20 min pulled up 8 next 40 min pulled up 6
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-13 23:26:28  
So how many trumpets can you pull up per day i.e. until you reach your max fatigue for the day?

Is it safe to assume that the people selling 5 or more stacks of trumpets didn't fish them all up in one day or have several fishing characters?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-13 23:43:07  
Max fatigue is always 200 unless you have ebisus. It takes me about 12-16 hours to reach max fatigue. Granted thanks to Ebisu's rod that is more like 220 but meh. Having a TV close by or something to watch on same computer is a must.

I have gotten lucky before and gotten 60 in about 1-2 hours though. But end of the day it always evens out.

Also I used to sometimes wait to sell. Though really selling them on Ramuh has been bad for awhile. Keeps getting returned people lowering the prices. Sad cause it went from 19-20k a stack and they would all sell within hours no matter how much you put up to like 16-18k maybe 5-6 stack a day. Sometimes none sold for a week though
 Garuda.Mameshiba
サーバ: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-14 00:39:33  
The worst part about trumpet shells ... lies in the fact that you simply can't npc them, and people will undercut it.
The best thing to do is find a bonecrafter friend... explain the situation to him (on nereid rings), and sell a stack for 20k to the bonecrafter friend.

Least that's what I do.
It's a winwin situation.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-14 01:25:08  
Or lvl bonecraft on a mule... that's what I did lol
 Ramuh.Bekisa
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2010-02-14 01:43:19  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Also I used to sometimes wait to sell. Though really selling them on Ramuh has been bad for awhile. Keeps getting returned people lowering the prices. Sad cause it went from 19-20k a stack and they would all sell within hours no matter how much you put up to like 16-18k maybe 5-6 stack a day. Sometimes none sold for a week though

For a while there was a few people buying almost every shell on Ramuh and going directly to the delivery npc (upper jeuno, the far end near choco stables). Not sure who there were sending to but I did see the same mithra bonecrafter almost every day I went to the guild in windurst. They had a taru running to them, then back to their moghouse a lot. I assumed it was someone crafting constantly since you make ~20k npc'ing the NQ rings. Buying shells for 15-16k is just smart business :-\ slow and lots of work for 5-6k but I wouldn't doubt if it was automated scripts running by rmt or others either.

I quit fishing shells once the masses caught on to them. Back when they were little known to the rest of the world, I made a killing off them only selling 2-3 stacks a day. A few of us on Titanictus.com kept quiet about where and how we caught them. Lasted almost a month that way before I saw it posted on wiki where to catch them. I would catch them for a friend that was a bonesmith but other than that, was pointless most the time. Could catch fish in Talacca cova and NPC them for faster gil with ebisu and a shrimp lure (I think... maybe minnow, been out of the game a while now :-P )

With shells, I had the best luck during thunder weather with robber rig. Had better luck with bite rates using Lu over Ebisu also but that shouldn't matter ... maybe my ebisu had bad luck on it.
 Garuda.Mameshiba
サーバ: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-14 19:22:44  
Answered, thank you friends.