180tp On One Meditate?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » 180tp on one meditate?
180tp on one meditate?
 Alexander.Vivicide
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-05-02 14:12:25  
Ok, I get that I really do. That still doesn't explain why numerous of us have never gotten this even by accident.

The mind boggling number we have all done meditate and some of us have done this a few times? At this point I'd say that it's not a rare event, I'd say there is technique that accidentally happens. Which would be why you guys have gotten it.

These are the only 2 options in my opinion.

1. You guys who have gotten it are all liars.
2. There is a technique to it that none of us are completely aware of and this could happen a lot more often if we figured it out.

I refuse to believe that this is the most rare occurrence in the game.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-02 14:24:34  
It's not that you haven't gotten it, it's probably that you haven't noticed it. Let's say you're in a 2hr party. The only time you're going to get 180 and actually be able to notice it is when you're gathering. The rest of the time, when you meditate, you'll hit 100 tp and ws, and get melee hits mixed in as well as tp return from ws. So of course you're never going to notice the extra tick when you're actually melee'ing.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-02 14:26:47  
I can guarantee you've gotten this to happen multiple times and simply missed it because of other sources of tp
 Alexander.Vivicide
サーバ: Alexander
user: Vivicide
By Alexander.Vivicide 2010-05-02 19:40:29  
Ok let's exclude times when there are other sources.. even then I've done Meditate countless times and never got it. Times where other TP gaining sources aren't a factor, before entering limbus, fighting DI (sometimes), before entering BCs, inside of BCs before the fight starts, weakened (I can't stress this one enough) the list goes on.

I spend most of my time on SAM. I'll be the first to tell you I'm not perfect. It is possible I've missed this happening. But I'm not buying that this occurrence is that rare that despite meditate being used near constantly by every sam there are this many who claim they have never seen this event.

Even if you exclude the majority of the time I use meditate via other sources of TP gain your still looking at ridiculous odds that I have never received 180%.
 Bahamut.Paragonx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: paragonx
By Bahamut.Paragonx 2010-05-06 08:15:43  
Cerberus.Retinn said:
Me having amano has little to do with people getting 180 tp from one meditate also. Jealous much? My point is, and will forever be til I aquire 180tp from 1 meditate myself that I have yet to see it myself. A unreadable screenshot proves very little to me, but kudos for the effort:)

To everyone who say it happens rarely, but not as unique as me seeing it in 6-7 years would be impossible, explain this;
I do pay attention to my meditate everytime I use it while idling or running(midfight is harder to notify), how come I have yet to see 180tp from a single meditate. Have I missed this "in before tick/window" moment everytime I have used meditate?
like u said 6+ year and havent seen a 180. i been playing 4 years and yet so see a 180. even if it is possible to get 180 in one med if i get it once every 4 or so years than it not even worth the possibility of being able to get 180. i know it can proc from from what other say but in my book if it procs every 4 years then its just pointless.
 Bahamut.Paragonx
By Bahamut.Paragonx 2010-05-06 08:31:24  
All you guys are saying to time your meds to get 180... that just sounds like a glitch. and glitches isn't really suppose to be in the game. and yes i have notice a few time that i have gotten a few more tp then normal while fighting and med and somehow got a extra tic from somewhere but that not the point. the point is getting 180 from just standing there while not fight or trying to glitch the game and get a 180 med. it rarely proc but i havent seen it for 4+ years now. and even if it can proc, why have the possibility of getting a 180 med when it happens twice every 7 years?
 Cerberus.Retinn
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jeniffer
By Cerberus.Retinn 2010-05-06 08:35:21  
Maybe these guys have laggy nets, computers or REALLY *** up macros to make it happend!
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-06 08:54:19  
Someone fraps meditating for hours!
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-06 09:45:14  
Bahamut.Paragonx said:
All you guys are saying to time your meds to get 180... that just sounds like a glitch. and glitches isn't really suppose to be in the game. and yes i have notice a few time that i have gotten a few more tp then normal while fighting and med and somehow got a extra tic from somewhere but that not the point. the point is getting 180 from just standing there while not fight or trying to glitch the game and get a 180 med. it rarely proc but i havent seen it for 4 years now. and even if it can proc, why have the possibility of getting a 180 med when it happens twice every 7 years?
Who cares if you think it's a glitch or not. That's an different argument entirely. We're simply claiming it's current possibility, not the it may or may not be a glitch.
 Bahamut.Paragonx
By Bahamut.Paragonx 2010-05-06 10:24:49  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bahamut.Paragonx said:
All you guys are saying to time your meds to get 180... that just sounds like a glitch. and glitches isn't really suppose to be in the game. and yes i have notice a few time that i have gotten a few more tp then normal while fighting and med and somehow got a extra tic from somewhere but that not the point. the point is getting 180 from just standing there while not fight or trying to glitch the game and get a 180 med. it rarely proc but i havent seen it for 4 years now. and even if it can proc, why have the possibility of getting a 180 med when it happens twice every 7 years?
Who cares if you think it's a glitch or not. That's an different argument entirely. We're simply claiming it's current possibility, not the it may or may not be a glitch.[
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bahamut.Paragonx said:
Who cares if you think it's a glitch or not. That's an different argument entirely. We're simply claiming it's current possibility, not the it may or may not be a glitch.
because if it is a glitch wiki souldn't or anybody here shouldn't say it can you can get 180 per med. they should be saying it doesnt proc BUT there is a way to get 180 from 1 med~
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-06 10:27:24  
That's just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. For example, when sneak attack was broken, until it was fixed, would you be wrong saying you can sneak attack from the front? No, not until they changed it. While it was able to happen, then yes you are able to do it. Same way w/ med. Is it a glitch? who knows, but it CAN happen and until it's fixed or removed, then yes, you can get 180tp from a single meditate.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-05-06 10:32:00  
I personally haven't seen a 180TP meditate in all the time I've played SAM but that isn't to say I haven't got it while in PT mode spamming @100% like Vegetto pointed out.

But in all honesty if it is something that can on average happen every few years I really don't see the point in debating about it as it what a 0.000001% DMG increase in the time it happens? This is of course IF it does occur every leap year.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-06 12:49:28  
God, this is still being argued?

[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-05-06 16:05:50  
Sylph.Vincentius said: