Samurai Weapon Choice At 99?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » samurai weapon choice at 99?
samurai weapon choice at 99?
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-03-10 11:31:06  
i just started thinking earlier, i should invest in a refresh scroll cause they were 3k, now the price is 50k...

so i started thinking to myself
what would samurai's weapon choice at 99 be? Assuming we are keeping the current weapons we have now.

I guess the real question is how our stats will improve on the way to level 99. Would hagun still be the king? I remember reading a thread with parsing that shows hagun gets better as your gear gets better. But would onimaru actually pull on top if we get a decent str growth?

I have an augmented hagun now.. so its kinda lol that i cant sell it even if a better GK came out. Anyways just a general question. Maybe there will be a lv 99 GK that will be the new thing, who knows. Look what SE did to Mezraq drgs, then just when you think your safe with thalassocrat, FEY LANCE!

of course V fork is pretty great.. but anyways i was just pointing out a trend.
 Hades.Amnesia
サーバ: Hades
user: Wishkah
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-03-10 11:36:01  
Who knows really, Hagun compliments Samurai like no other weapon/job combination and thus will take some beating considering you can possibly augment it further with the new update.

We can only speculate of course. A lot of people are selling their Hagun at the moment so it COULD be a wise time to pick one up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-03-10 11:37:25  
yeahyeah

i actually picked mine up at the 2hnd update where onimaru got incredibly expensive

yay 800k~1 mil hagun!
 Hades.Amnesia
user: Wishkah
By Hades.Amnesia 2010-03-10 11:45:44  
I really wouldn't worry too much to be honest, Augmenting your Hagun is a secure way of keeping it. I even doubt they will make a better body piece than Haubergeon for samurai.

By volkom 2010-03-10 11:53:30  
Well we don't know what to expect really. Since the level cap will increase to 99. We can maybe expect a whole new assortment of weapons and gear. Also when the moogle quest comes available that will allow us to modify/augment current gear (including rare/ex) Who knows. Maybe we can see TP bonus effect on Ushikirimaru. Then maybe that would be one of the best Gkt's to use. But I think SE will put forth tons more items into the game.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-10 12:11:07  
Remember they're adding new ws, which has the potential to change things. If you can get enough attack/acc, penta is easily sam's best ws. GKT could get a new ws that may match this
[+]
 Hades.Scruffumz
By Hades.Scruffumz 2010-03-17 15:43:49  
Hades.Amnesia said:
Who knows really, Hagun compliments Samurai like no other weapon/job combination and thus will take some beating considering you can possibly augment it further with the new update.

We can only speculate of course. A lot of people are selling their Hagun at the moment so it COULD be a wise time to pick one up.

Maybe after we merge with Cerberus. I'm pretty sure prices will drop a good bit with people spamming SIALC.

Mine was free :)
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-17 15:55:25  
Isn't it way to early to even care about this..when is the lvl 99 increase suppose to happen isn't it in like decemeber...

And If I had to guess I'd say a lot of the hot gear we have now will still be hot gear @99..didn't it say somewhere that you will be able to "augment" gear up to 80 times to get what you're looking for. We might as well speculate at what those "augments" will be..
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-03-17 15:57:17  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Isn't it way to early to even care about this..when is the lvl 99 increase suppose to happen isn't it in like decemeber...

And If I had to guess I'd say a lot of the hot gear we have now will still be hot gear @99..didn't it say somewhere that you will be able to "augment" gear up to 80 times to get what you're looking for. We might as well speculate at what those "augments" will be..

There is nothing wrong to speculate or discuss it
this is a forum
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-17 16:04:26  
How can you speculate on something when you don't know all the factors in the discussion? We have no idea what they are going to add to this game so how can we even begin to dicuss any of it?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xandor
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-03-17 16:07:03  
This thread is just full of fail

Phoenix.Altninja
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Leine
By Phoenix.Altninja 2010-03-17 16:30:09  
Elmer-http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=21769 said:
Trial of the Magians

"Trial of the Magians is a set of quests for Level 75 characters that allow them to improve their existing weapons, armor and skills. Players choose an area they wish to improve and must complete a corresponding quest to obtain their selected enhancement. The five categories shown at VanaFest were

- Weapons
- Armor
- "Livelihood Skills" i.e. Crafting Skills
- "Adventuring Skills" i.e. Player Stats
- "3rd set of strongest weapons" i.e. enhancing Relics and Mythics into a new set of ultimate weapons.

So far, the Weapons line of quests has been highlighted and looks to be added in the March update. Here are the official details:

A single weapon can undergo numerous upgrades. By trading an already-enhanced weapon to a Magian Moogle, players can undertake successive quests to have it further improved. Multiple quests can be undertaken simultaneously.

By repeating the quests, up to 80 different features can be added to a single weapon. With figures such as Damage and Delay added to the equation, there exist 500 possible attribute patterns for a single quest branch!"

At level 99 there will probably be better weapons anyway.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-03-17 16:53:15  
Phoenix.Altninja said:
At level 99 there will probably be better weapons anyway.
I wouldn't be so sure..why have this line of quests just to have better weapons in store for later lvl's. Don't get me wrong i'm sure they will introduce something like they always do but will they be better...who knows.
 Fairy.Seriin
user: Seriin
By Fairy.Seriin 2010-03-17 17:50:05  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Remember they're adding new ws, which has the potential to change things. If you can get enough attack/acc, penta is easily sam's best ws. GKT could get a new ws that may match this

If skill up trends continue, that B- in Polearm isn't going to be used so much anymore. That being the case I would think they would put out some new GKT WSs to coax people back into using that full time.

Maybe that is a pipedream for me though. SAM is SE's favourite child so they'll likely just change polemarm skill to an A, give it Drakesbane and tell us DRG to "STFU here's a wyvern snack" yet again.
 Hades.Blevien
user: Blev
By Hades.Blevien 2010-03-17 22:06:56  
in before "TP Bonus Augment Upgrade ON OTHER GREAT KATANAS"
 Fairy.Specopsz
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-03-17 23:01:59  
A ***.