フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Trial of the Magians: Samurai
Trial of the Magians: Samurai
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-03-26 02:02:31  
nice..somebody else who respects the tonosamas :) (i'm a hardcore proponent of the 3/3 riceball sam hehe)
 Valefor.Ryukuro
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-03-26 02:07:36  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
nice..somebody else who respects the tonosamas :) (i'm a hardcore proponent of the 3/3 riceball sam hehe)

Oh hell yeah......gunning for the limbus pieces so i cna get my AF+1 Gloves but havent been able to get them yet....without them though the 3/3 riceball set makes sooo much more difference to DMG over a normal pole setup without, blows some peoples minds =)
 Ragnarok.Castellano
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Castellano 2010-03-26 02:55:11  
Finished my 400 plantoids now on to ladybugs. ugh
By Kanjirou 2010-03-26 05:08:43  
I'm on Plantoids as well. All I can say is, hurray for lvl sync PTs and meriting. At least with limit points this isn't a total waste of time.
By Maeya 2010-03-26 05:19:50  
Siren.Maximillion said:
Maeya said:
Sooo.. I got the donto. It has trial 658 written on it. Kill 200 flies or summat. I go up to The Boyahda tree. It's equipped. I kill a skimmer. It checks as DC. And nothing. What's up with that? Am I being blonde and missing something obvious?

Well, you gotta' kill 200 of them. >_>

Smart ***! I'm not *that* blonde lol. Yeah, it's cause it needed to be done under *any* weather condition, as opposed to no weather condition. Moving on swiftly.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
サーバ: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-03-26 05:58:50  
Just found out sam and whm have the same objectives for the rest their trials (at least for Radenn and Culacula) once you begin working on Seww the Squidlimbed.

Hopefully this will make it easier to get groups for the last two voidwalker nms.

Just a thought...
 Bahamut.Paragonx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: paragonx
By Bahamut.Paragonx 2010-03-26 11:37:15  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I just thought about something, you guys were saying with Hagun Vs. Radden....let me get this straight..You guys were saying that Hagun out WSs Radden, right? So are you guys implying by extention that Hagun out WSs Amanomurakumo without the 2x dmg proc? Because Radden has 1 more base dmg than Amano....seriously? So you're saying that a 2.6M or w/e GK will out perform the 180M GK? Really now...? I think Hagun fever just got a lil out of hand here lol idk

amano has like waaaay better dps, store tp and acc.... thats why it cost so much. hagun might do better in ws but amano wins at the end. radden just has a better dps.
 Bahamut.Paragonx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: paragonx
By Bahamut.Paragonx 2010-03-26 11:54:00  
i'm not one of those ff11 math people but like when i ws on soboro i do average 550-600 at 100tp while i ws with hagun i do about 950-1k thats a 400 more damage for a 25 DMG diff and when i use sekkan i do around 740 with hagun with a 75 base dmg. so with a from a 25 base dmg diff i do like 140 more damage. hagun vs radden has like a 14. so i'm thinking with a 89 base dmg weapon we'll be doing like around 80-90 more than than what u can do with hagun when sekkan is up

so hagun i do 200 more when sekkan isn't up vs the 80-90 damage increase with a 89 base dmg weapon, thats during ws.
but radden would have a higher dps to make up the 110-120 ws damage u get from those 2. so it would be close.
now i might be wrong but this is what i think. but radden is free lol but a lot of work to get.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-03-27 02:01:57  
anybody confirmed with a Kurodachi yet? just curious as to how the OAT procs, i'm like 2 1/2 quests away
By Yuffy 2010-03-27 02:18:19  
I'm on last Raden stage with 2 other SAMs and a WHM. It indeed made things easier on Urd stage but Lamprey Lord is an other story. I have been kiting it for the past hour around a rock but its hard to find people who can do the same and deal damage when they arent kiting :(

It will be done tonight for sure at least (saturday). Killed NM once, people went to sleep, when people wake up DMG89 GK will be poping in Ru'lude~
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-03-27 02:41:44  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I just thought about something, you guys were saying with Hagun Vs. Radden....let me get this straight..You guys were saying that Hagun out WSs Radden, right? So are you guys implying by extention that Hagun out WSs Amanomurakumo without the 2x dmg proc? Because Radden has 1 more base dmg than Amano....seriously? So you're saying that a 2.6M or w/e GK will out perform the 180M GK? Really now...? I think Hagun fever just got a lil out of hand here lol idk

First off, 2x damage doesn't work during WS, only during melee attacks and jump attacks.

Next, Hagun does out WS Amanomurakumo and Radennotachi, however, they trash Hagun during TP bulding. Amano has ACC+20 and 2x damage procs. Radenn has +14 base damage. Radenn and Hagun are fairly equal. As in, you'd be hard pressed to spot a difference.

As it stands, Hagun is the best Meditate -> WS Great Katana, although, it's not by much (compared to Amano/Radenn). If you're going to be fulltime meleeing, Radenn and Hagun are equal. Take whichever you prefer.
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
サーバ: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-03-27 03:25:31  
Yuffy said:
I'm on last Raden stage with 2 other SAMs and a WHM. It indeed made things easier on Urd stage but Lamprey Lord is an other story. I have been kiting it for the past hour around a rock but its hard to find people who can do the same and deal damage when they arent kiting :(

It will be done tonight for sure at least (saturday). Killed NM once, people went to sleep, when people wake up DMG89 GK will be poping in Ru'lude~

What was your strategy/setup for Urd?

I'm almost to that point and was wondering if you had any pointers...
 Leviathan.Stunx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Bungie
By Leviathan.Stunx 2010-03-27 04:41:46  
just watched ur avatar loop like 6x before i realized i couldnt stop watching
By Yuffy 2010-03-27 08:38:04  
Phoenix.Huwhuddep said:
Yuffy said:

What was your strategy/setup for Urd?

I'm almost to that point and was wondering if you had any pointers...
Did it Ixion style.

PLD/NIN on it, RDM and WHM to support, melees TP on nearby mob and go in to WS. It has VERY low life so it takes like 10min to kill it. /THF helps since it resets hate very often. SMN also does a very nice job on it i believe, at least the one we had was touching himself over it, BLM doesnt work at all (resist out of the pooper).

As for Lamprey Lord, can be soloed/duoed by anything with movement speed, can be kited without movement speed too, kited it as SAM/WAR for 10min without problem after a wipe.

Just cant find this 2nd person to duo with ffffffffffff Stop doing avatars/missions people!
 Gilgamesh.Geuse
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Geuse
By Gilgamesh.Geuse 2010-03-29 00:19:51  
Just finished Raddennotachi. Huge thanks to the brilliance of Hunewearl for coming up with a solid low man strategy for Lamprey Lord and kiting like no PLD i've ever seen. And big congrats to both Lishenron & Hune on finishing their Radennotachi as well.

Seriously, *** this trial. We stuck through it together with all these shitty NMs (LOOKING AT YOU OKYUPETE!) only to get held up on this douche VNM Lamprey Lord for 3 days. x6? really SE? did it have to go beyond 4? especially for the VNM mobs? >< Whatever, thank god its over.

Also. Thank you to Papesse, Fuhito, Finalchapter LS, Carrion, and Gougen. Hang in there Gougen & Carrion! The nightmare is almost over!

Incoming parse results when Gilgamesh decides it wants to get off its *** and merit.

Valefor.Ryukuro
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-03-29 00:25:24  
Gilgamesh.Geuse said:
Incoming parse results when Gilgamesh decides it wants to get off its *** and merit.

Keen to see the results, look forward to it, just got my Raden yesterday myself, numbers look ok but cant tell ***from eyeballing ^^
 Gilgamesh.Geuse
By Gilgamesh.Geuse 2010-03-29 02:44:31  
*edited
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-03-30 00:56:26  
anybody know a good place to solo plant mobs at 75? i'm still on the 400 plants trial (as i've been soloing it, and thats just a ridiculously large number of mobs to kill by yourself)..i've been doing mandies in the B tree (the white ones), but i'm dying to find an easier plant mob to do this off of....i just can't for the life of me think of a better spot..any suggestions?
 Odin.Sinharvest
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-03-30 01:03:58  
A really good spot for plants is in grauberg S, once you outpost just heade north and you'll have an entire circle of brasscaps to rip apart. *28 of em* with outside timers their always up when you make a complete cycle. Usually start at the gate near pashlow zone.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-03-30 01:05:20  
and those are EP to 75? oh man that would be very helpful, thx hehe
 Carbuncle.Rinomaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rinomaru 2010-03-30 01:10:49  
I just finished my Radennotachi today. DMG79+10
I tested it on Lesser Colibri vs. Hagun.
As of level 75, I don't see an improvement at all, maybe harder melee hits...
Come WS 100TP Hagun wins easy. 200TP it's close, 300TP Radennotachi wins.
Also for Rana it's very powerful.

I guess when they add more trials It'll truly Shine.
 Odin.Sinharvest
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-03-30 01:14:45  
Yea those brass caps give 50 xp at 75, and usually survive 2 or 3 ws, you'll breeze through em.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-03-30 01:19:05  
thx a lot sin :)
 Gilgamesh.Geuse
By Gilgamesh.Geuse 2010-03-30 18:38:01  
Carbuncle.Rinomaru said:
I just finished my Radennotachi today. DMG79 10
I tested it on Lesser Colibri vs. Hagun.
As of level 75, I don't see an improvement at all, maybe harder melee hits...
Come WS 100TP Hagun wins easy. 200TP it's close, 300TP Radennotachi wins.
Also for Rana it's very powerful.

I guess when they add more trials It'll truly Shine.

Congrats.

Yeah sadly, at the moment this will parse like an Onimaru, really pathetic. I was expecting this to be close~even with Hagun, but Hagun still wins by a noticeable amount.

But there is still lots to look forward to, while it doesn't win now, the next batch of updates will take it to where it needs to be.
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-03-30 21:29:11  
Hagun is going to win when it comes to WSs, but you have to account for DoT too. They're fairly equal, as long as you're on a mob full time.
 Gilgamesh.Geuse
By Gilgamesh.Geuse 2010-03-31 09:39:52  
Just finished a quick bird merit party with Kparser. Parsed exactly 100 fights with each weapon. Setup was x2 BRD, RDM, WAR, RNG. Buffs were x2 Min x2 March. Gear is average. No food & full timed Seigan to keep it clear. All weaponskill done at 100%.

Hagun:
M.Low/Hi (50/187)
M.Avg (114)
C.Low/Hi (156/244)
C.Avg (206)
---
WS.Low/Hi (291/1363)
WS.Avg (818)

Raden:
M.Low/Hi (73/224)
M.Avg (131)
C.Low/Hi (174/296)
C.Avg (235)
---
WS.Low/Hi (414/1270)
WS.Avg (774)
Rana Low/Hi (507/1270)
Rana Avg (811)

This is a very small sample, and from just one gimpy sam. I'm interested in seeing other sam results, i'm definately feeling a little better about Raden now that i've parsed it.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-03-31 11:42:12  
wow those are some nice numbers for Raden :)
 Valefor.Endlesspath
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2010-03-31 13:37:15  
>Remember breakout on melee percent total damage vs weapon skill total damage is 40/60% ratio for the average SAM, and SAM bread & butter is spamming ws.
>The melee % tot dmg vs wpn skill tot dmg is reversed to 60/40 ratio for the avg War(dual wield)/Nin/Mnk/Pup.
>What counts for sam is WS...
 Bismarck.Khris
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Cbrooks
By Bismarck.Khris 2010-04-23 05:33:37  
Can someone who has completed thier Raden test it with a high end ws build with bonus atk? For example hachiryu haidate, byrnie +1, Cerberus +1 or Foragers, Rutters, and the same old str build stuff, it seems to me like you would need to change your ws build to push more atk with the increase of base damage. I may be wrong but I would like to see some more testing done with this GK if possible. Also could you tell what your WS build was? Thanks
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8