Suggestions For SAM Gear?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Suggestions for SAM Gear?
Suggestions for SAM Gear?
 Pandemonium.Rathz
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-03-27 08:45:40  
Currently a level 71 SAM, using this gear

TP Gear:

WS Gear:

Any suggestions for what I can upgrade?
 Phoenix.Ailoki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-03-27 08:50:13  
Pandemonium.Rathz said:
Any suggestions for what I can upgrade?

I'd ditch the Soboro ASAP unless your /RNG or /DNC. How's your funding? Do you have a Hagun yet? Even an Onimaru would suffice until then.

Onimaru's still a very respectable weapon. There's a latent of 83 DMG and 5 Acc and 15 Atk.

Edit : For it's level. Saw the 71. How about an Onikiri or a Zanbato?
 Pandemonium.Rathz
user: Rathz
By Pandemonium.Rathz 2010-03-27 08:53:31  
My funding isn't all that good atm :X Have only 300k to my name, but I'm working on the Hagun
 Sylph.Shaman
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shaman 2010-03-27 08:53:36  
for WS's Rutters and legs af legs or royal knight legs hands alky(or pallas) for YGK and maybe a pole grip
 Phoenix.Ailoki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-03-27 09:03:31  
Pandemonium.Rathz said:
My funding isn't all that good atm :X Have only 300k to my name, but I'm working on the Hagun

You're looking at 50k for either one of those. Stick with the Soboro for now until you ding, then use the Onimaru.
Sylph.Shaman said:
for WS's Rutters and legs af legs or royal knight legs hands alky(or pallas) for YGK maybe a pole grip

I agree. WS in Rutters or Hachiman feet when you can wear them. Can't go wrong with AF legs until Shura Haidate. Though, with what you said about funding, best stick to AF legs and prioritize your spendings. Lol

I'd definitely pick up a pair of Pallas, giving your funding. When using YGK, you want to stack STR wherever possible.

My TP and WS set if this helps at all for later. It's not the best, but it serves me well :

TP : (Nuevo is a Hauby minus the Evasion down)

WS :

Alky's a selfish *** and won't put out. I'm also without a Limbus shell at the moment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2010-03-27 09:09:33  
Cheap upgrades, AF legs for WS, Pallas for WS(Should only be maybe 30k) Hachi feet if you cannot get Rutters, but Hachi might be some $$$, the Sipahi boots would benefit you more then leaping, otherwise looks pretty good. I would get Hachi feet and hands anyway because you will need them at some point for various 6 hit builds and what not.

My TP and WS sets;

TP;

WS;

Neck is left open for Gorget.

AF Legs +1 are really an amazing piece imo, best WS legs in game behind Shura +1, Hachiryu, and technically Usu legs for the 10 atk, but the sTP +4 might help you more then 10 atk or even 1 STR because you can change other gear etc, was my first upgrade.

Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-03-27 16:04:48  
surprised no one mentioned optical hat for tp phase, free if u farm all eyes and have a alchy buddy

c.chain is free with assault pts

pallas over okotes for ws phase would be the main thing, tho i do keep okotes around for penta thrust over af+1 hands

also the gk off of zipacna in sky is pretty good, i use it over hagun for /thf

really only stick to soboro for /dnc /rng and /drg

TP

Y/G/K* WS

*Kasha sub in Light Gorget over Snow
C.Galea is STR+6/WS Acc+15/Haste+2

Ragnarok.Skiutah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Skiutah
By Ragnarok.Skiutah 2010-03-27 16:27:03  
TP:

WS: (note: I prefer to keep 11 STP on me for my ws. That way after I ws I practically have a 5 hit build and won't end up at 99 TP on my subsequent climb to 100 TP. I also don't do JoL or other HNMs that have uber defense, so I don't need the +10/12 attack from a Hauby/Hauby +1. I have Rutters, but chose to go with KO + Hachiman since it gives +7 STR over something like Askar body + rutter feet. +57 STR total without food or hasso. Switch in Flame Gorget for Kasha.)

Ifrit.Duanyu
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Duanyu
By Ifrit.Duanyu 2010-03-27 16:30:47  
Stick with soboro until ya have enough or hagun, or better yet get a gondo or tomoe. All of them will out parse onimaru.

grip; Pole Grip is better than the mythril grip you have.

head; thats fine until wyverm helm /+1 or moogle helm, make sure you w.turban when ya get 75.

neck; Chiv chain is a good alt. until justice torque or ws gorgets, also look into campaign necklace, gives +4 str.

earrings are fine until you get zm earring and sea.

body tp in hauby /+1 and ws in domaru until osode.

hands tp in hachiman until you get a 6hit and can switch over to dusk. Ws in alky but pallas will work just fine.

rings are okay until flame and if you go with rajas from sea, otherwise get another flame.

back tp in amemet(upgrade to foragers if you want), ws in smilodon on merit mobs is fine, but youll wanna use amemet on higher mobs.

belts are fine, try to get swift, i know it sucks.

pants; tp in shin until byakkos. ws in af until shura

feet; tp in haciman until you get stp merits and/or gear to make up for it then switch to fumas/usukane. Ws in rutter's
 Pandemonium.Revear
user: Datian
By Pandemonium.Revear 2010-03-27 16:34:55  
Yo Check Ironguy sets
 Sylph.Vincentius
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-03-27 22:04:23  
If you get the moogle helmet, get STR4/AGI4/WSacc+15/WSdmg+2%. Don't get any of this STR+6 Haste +2% bullcrap. 2% WS damage is MUCH more than 2 STR.

/palmface at STR6 MKE helmets.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-04-05 12:55:06  
Ok this is what i TP in for Polearm on SAM, i always use TONOSAMA RICE BALLS =)

and here is my Polearm WS set.

My TP set for GKT.

and WS for YGK.

For Rana i switch out Osode for Nuevo Coselete and Forager's Mantle for Smilodon+1.

Nuevo has ACC+10 DA+2%
Champions Galea has STR+6 WS ACC+15
Radennotachi has DMG+10

Personally i think my SAM Polearm getup is sexy, always trippin ppl out with my Penta dmg, i know it isn't perfect and could be improved in many places but with 8 pole merits and the tonosama rice ball set it certainly is a grade above the rest, with GKT i know alot of people are skeptical over the whole Raden vs Hagun thing but once you test it out and parse it against the Hagun its pretty much just as good, sometimes better =) Some of the parse results im seeing are suprising me and am happy i chose to sell Hagun, after all its just a glorified waste of gil now when you can get the Raden for free (albeit after some effort and time xD).

Edit. Yes i know i should have STR+4 WS DMG+2% on my MKE Helm but haven't gotten around to doing the fight again =P Rest assured it will be done and will come in handy on all those 2k+ Pentas xD
 Valefor.Ryukuro
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-04-05 13:08:49  
Vincentius said:
If you get the moogle helmet, get STR4/AGI4/WSacc+15/WSdmg+2%. Don't get any of this STR+6 Haste +2% bullcrap. 2% WS damage is MUCH more than 2 STR.

/palmface at STR6 MKE helmets.

I made the mistake of choosing the STR+6 lol, wanted to be epeen and failed to realise that STR+4 WS DMG+2% is better in the long run, of course after i had already chosen my augments, fail xD
 Cerberus.Arazien
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Arazien
By Cerberus.Arazien 2010-04-09 21:22:00  
Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha said:
Hachi feet if you cannot get Rutters, but Hachi might be some $$$, the Sipahi boots would benefit you more then leaping, otherwise looks pretty good.

I realize this my be a little late, but a better alternative to Sipahi Boots is Mettle Leggings. STR+1 Atk+2. On pandy server, Mettle is about 8k cheaper than Sipahi.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-09 21:26:44  
Pole Grip or Rose Strap as needed for 5-hit, Fumas for TP, Walahra Turban (maybe not for Polearm since you're using riceballs though), ditch the Shitsoku.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-04-10 14:08:16  
Hows ya accuracy on Polearm Ryukuro? Doesn't even look like 80% to me, thats providing there's ACC+10 on that Nuevo body piece.

Edit, your sitting @ 80% hit rate on both TP/WS.
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-04-10 15:13:56  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Pole Grip or Rose Strap as needed for 5-hit, Fumas for TP, Walahra Turban (maybe not for Polearm since you're using riceballs though), ditch the Shitsoku.

It's a Radennotachi. >_>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-10 15:35:44  
Stupid icons! An improvement, at any rate.