users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Best solo camp at 60
Best solo camp at 60
 Odin.Trelan
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-04-15 09:25:38  
Hello fellow BST. I just hit 60 and with all the available guides 60 seems to be a rough spot. So far The Tree seems like the best camp on paper but I would like some advice. The guides all say QSC, Ule Range, and The Chasm are best duo/trio. I need something to get me to 61 so I can go to the Mire/Woodlands. Currently I am doing Junger tigers/campaign. It's a nice change, and the AN is great but I like fast exp(who doesn't). I will be testing the waters in The Tree tonite unless someone has a better suggestion. Thank you in advance!
 Asura.Miseko
サーバ: Asura
user: Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2010-04-15 10:00:27  
I'm not a bst, so I don't know if this will help you at all, but I wouldn't suggest the Tree. The mobs are still checking as IT and VT for me (lv 63 whm), instead try the lesser colibri in Wajoam Woodlands right near the zone. It wasn't until just recently that my skill lv for club was too high for them (at 194ish). I still get experience but I've since moved on to duoing to the Addercups.

Like I said, I'm just a whm though.. I can't solo crap as it is. ^^;
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-15 10:05:37  
I know I did birds outside of town around 61 and it was cake..but I say this with no knowledge about bst..
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-04-15 10:17:08  
I believe I did crows outside nashamau around lv 60. Charmed leeches and killed birds, decent exp too iirc.
 Odin.Trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-04-15 10:37:14  
Hmmm I thought Nashamau/Mire was 61+.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-04-15 10:44:58  
I'm not really certain, it's been awhile since I lv BST. But in general I remember both when it comes to BST and to BLM that usually with decent gear/food/skill you can go to camps a few levels earlier than what wiki says.
By sylentpython 2010-04-15 11:02:22  
58-61: Uleguerand RangePETS: Variable Hares [58-61], Uleguerand Tigers [61-64]
PREY: Variable Hares [58-61], Esbats [59-61], Uleguerand Tigers [61-64], Snolls [60-63], Buffalo [62-65]
NOTES: Cast sneak and invisible, hug right wall until you come to tunnel entrance. Much safer than at start of zone. Camp at tunnel. Use Hares vs. Bats, Tigers, and Snolls. Alternative camp, Go down the ramp on the left, to the wide open plain where there are buffalos. You'll have plenty of room to manuever down here, and plenty of bunnies to charm and snolls to kill. Take note that at level 58 there wont be many "decent to even match pets". The best level to start exping is at around level 59.

61-65: Caedarva MirePETS: Caedarva Leech [63-65], Treant Sapling [61-64]
PREY: Marsh Murre [64-68], Orderly Imp [63-68]
NOTES: Exit from Nashmau's west doorway (G-7). You can get sanction with refresh from Nabihwah(H-6).
61-62: Convert the 2 saplings outside the gate to EM. After that it's super easy to kill birds with 1 pet swap. Watch out for linking birds and sapling's AOE sic attacks. There are two more saplings a bit farther in (past the little pond, near the Mithra NPC)
63: Use saplings and leeches to fight leeches and birds
64: Use saplings, leeches and birds to fight birds. One leech pops very near the zone, another on the other end of the pond. Convert leeches to EM and alternate between them. At 64, one leech will take out any bird for consistent chain 4's.
65: Use leeches and birds to fight birds and imps (in the graveyard). (slows down at this level

62-65: Wajaom WoodlandsPETS: Worker Pephredo [62-64], Lesser Colibri [63-65], Soldier Pephredo [64-66]
PREY: Lesser Colibri [63-65], Red Kisser [67~71], Aht Urhgan Attercop [65-67], Puks [68-70]
NOTES: Camp at I-7.
62: Camp at I-7/8. Find EM bee and keep it close. Let it heal with the Stay command because the EM bees are very, very few and far between. Did Bee vs. Colibri for nice, safe fights.
64-65: Camp at I-7/8. Use Bees and Colibri against the Red Kissers. The bees and most of the colibri will pop DC/EM so you will have alot of pets to use. At level 64 the leeches con VT so you will need at least 2-3 pets per leech. Duo is recommended.
WARNING: Be careful at the I-8 camp because there are 2 Soldier Pephredo and aggroing one might link both nests. Also avoid meleeing with your pet till the very end to keep hate off during pet swaps.
Camp at H-11.

Odin.Trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-04-15 11:16:47  
Thank you Miseko, Zorander, Zanno, and Sylentpython. I will try and blow up snolls at the Range then move to ToAU at 61.
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-04-15 11:45:26  
Odin.Trelan said:
Thank you Miseko, Zorander, Zanno, and Sylentpython. I will try and blow up snolls at the Range then move to ToAU at 61.

My advice is to find someone who will level sync with you for a couple levels and you can head to a previous area like Citadel on the bombs etc - once you get through the 1-2 level gap, then you're good to go. I also found leveling bst in pairs was much more fun than solo all the time.

just my opinion, have fun with whatever you do though, if I could choose to re-level any job, it'd be bst - I had quite a good time doing it.
 Odin.Trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-04-15 14:56:33  
Unicorn.Rilu said:
Odin.Trelan said:
My advice is to find someone who will level sync with you for a couple levels and you can head to a previous area like Citadel on the bombs etc - once you get through the 1-2 level gap, then you're good to go. I also found leveling bst in pairs was much more fun than solo all the time. just my opinion, have fun with whatever you do though, if I could choose to re-level any job, it'd be bst - I had quite a good time doing it.

I have done a few /sea all bst inv and they are few and far between on Odin. Thank you for the advice! I have enjoyed leveling bst so far.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-04-15 15:12:37  
Those levels were terrible for me. I found a good strategy for me was to find a friend with a job that could sync me down to the late 50s and burn the fudge out of W.Altepa pages. In downtime I would do the higher level pages and it was nice to be able to be more versatile when it came to picking a duo partner. I literally did this from 60-65 until i moved on to Woodlands bees vs. birds. Its really a shame that SE made the only place to burn pages for decent exp at 60ish in Romaeve where there isnt a charmable mob in sight.
 Odin.Trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-04-15 15:19:46  
another good idea TY
 Asura.Sidi
サーバ: Asura
user: Sidi
By Asura.Sidi 2010-04-16 19:07:40  
I actually had really good luck from around 57-61 (so I could do birds in nashmau) on lynxes in Sauromauge_S

They were EP, yes, but grab yourself a DC or EM pet, set against one, take another... you'll rip through the mobs and get suprisingly good exp, lots of seals, lots of lynx hides and meat... my pet would take out two mobs hwile I took one down (just use <stnpc> target for pet to have him fight while your still fighting)

I'd go /nin and go all out DD gear; theres a pixie who wanders around and pops a nice cure on you too...

your lvl though, you can fight the dragonflies if you want *shrug* I just prefered the mindless bashing of the red kitties (was doing hw during that period, but got suprising exp for it)