Here Is A Good BST Question...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Here is a good BST Question...
Here is a good BST Question...
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-16 02:59:45  
Here is a legitimate question that bothers the hell out of me...

Why would anyone waste 6 months of their lives soloing BST to 75, when they can get a party and do it in three weeks? It reminds me of what Larry says, "It's like wiping before you ***. It doesn't make any sense!"

I know what most of you will say.. "I can't..."

Honestly... That isn't a good answer! I know a lot of people who leveled BST in XP parties. I call them "Thinking people"!

If you have fun doing things by yourself. Fine! But why not get it to 75, then do all of the soloing you want?

I don't mean to offend anyone... If I am <.<

But I cannot Fathom why anyone(who REALLY wanted 75BST)would choose to solo for 6 months, over partying for 3 weeks...

It's like choosing to hop on one foot in a race against someone on a bicycle <.< I mean car... Why...?

Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-16 03:07:37  
When I was into leveling BST, I wasn't doing it to grind it to 75, I was just doing it because I enjoyed the method of leveling it.. The whole charming a mob, letting it almost die, dismissing it and getting a new pet to finish off the job..

I have partied on BST, but it was boring and monotonous, no fun whatsoever. Was basicly just a WAR without provoke or any of the other benefits.
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-04-16 03:12:17  
yes, exacly what slip said. i love leveling bst solo for the enjoyment of it, getting a party will be very difficult but with bst you can start and finish whenever you want, parties are so boring and this presents somthing new.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2010-04-16 04:02:51  
1) getting a pt on BST is a *** (my BST could out do 90% of AH WAR but still.. meh)

2) you need to learn to play BST, its not just Engage/afk, and the best way to learn is to solo.

3) you can xp as much or as little as you wish, in your time, when you want, afk when you want for as long as you want w/o worrying about other members and get this.. its fun... /shock.

4) and this is the most important of all reasons to solo BST to 75.. I HATE SHARING SEALS!!!!! :D
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2010-04-16 04:15:59  
Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Here is a legitimate question that bothers the hell out of me...

Why would anyone waste 6 months of their lives soloing BST to 75, when they can get a party and do it in three weeks?
As much as it may sound strange to you, there are a lot of people who hate leveling and wish it could last as least as possible, their only goal is reaching 75 (99!) asap.

There are other people, though, who actually enjoy leveling, and "leveling" a job is the main part of their FFXI experience.

Also, there are people who actually decided to level BST because they wanted to play solo, play in a relaxed way, with their rhythms, without having to depend on other people etc.

(personally I leveled BST half solo and half in pts. Leveling BST solo is a huge fun, the problem is that most BST camps suck completely. Found only a bunch or really good ones, all the others were insanely boring or extremely risky, but hey! That's just my personal experience of course)
 Carbuncle.Calem
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-04-16 18:44:16  
Why would anyone waste 6 months of their lives soloing BST to 75, when they can get a party and do it in three weeks?

The way I see it the game is divided in two halves; the pre-75 and post-75. Pre-75 is all about leveling up, collecting important key items like your chocobo liscense and airship passes, breaking level caps etc., while post-75 is all about the high level and endgame events and trying to maximise your character's power by obtaining the best equipment for your favourite jobs.

If you're only concerned with the kind of things that you can do post-75, it seems to me like you're ignoring half the game.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-16 19:06:41  
BST is a pretty badass DD if done right. Pet TP moves can be pretty strong and accurate if you use the monster table to your advantage. Not to mention you can pick your pet's TP moves now. Also BST has access to some of the best DD gear available. I for one would welcome BSTs to a party even if it wasn't as omgawesome as having a SAM or WAR or DRG. I like cutting people breaks for playing what they enjoy instead of bandwagon playing.
 Ifrit.Preluder
サーバ: Ifrit
user: preluder
By Ifrit.Preluder 2010-04-16 20:57:54  
I started soloing bst simple to collect seals at a faster rate then leveling in a party!
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-04-16 22:04:14  
i leveled bst because i enjoy solo'n...sometimes you get better xp an hour than a crappy party...the other plus was getting all the seals..i had well over 600 beast seals when i hit 75...most those seals went to kclub bcnm and i still never seen a damn club drop
 Bismarck.Ashjin
user: Ashjin
By Bismarck.Ashjin 2010-04-16 22:12:13  
I was duo with a mate when i lvled so we took turns making pts when ***popped. i found bst sick in exps too, great at fishing and when funguars done their 600+dmg dark/silence spores its was badass lol. rampage wasn't up to war standard..it never would be but was still a good 500+
I remember having dual wield kabrakens axe and wrath and thinking how sick they were.
But still some bst solo/duo ecps beat pts, i don't think any pt would ever beat the birds in caederva mire beside nashmau, think i was 16k solo there
 Ramuh.Krazyy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krazyy
By Ramuh.Krazyy 2010-04-16 22:26:03  
Obviously a party is going to exp you faster than solo will.. but half of the fun was soloing!

I chose to solo because at the time it fit my play time.. meaning i could get on for 30 mins or an hour for exp then log off whenever i felt like it. No need to waste all that time looking for a party and then only being able to stay for a small amount of time.

Another reason BSTs solo is because we dont do that well in parties from what ive seen.. Even with jug pets i felt like i was gimping the party the 1 or 2 times i did party as BST (lvl 60ish). Granted that a very well equiped DD BST could do decent in a party but if your leveling BST to 75 chances are your not that well equiped yet.

For me soloing BST to 75 taught me alot on how to play BST the right way. It also is almost a right of passage feeling you get once you hit 75..

All that being said i will be getting exp parties for my BST when the cap goes up.
 Seraph.Firebrand
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Firebrand 2010-04-18 18:34:14  
One of the greatest advantages to playing BST is that you level at your own pace. Don't have a lot of time? Pop on, solo XP, and be on your way. I think it's a good thing not having to rely on other people to get something accomplished in this game, being that a lot of things already do.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-04-18 18:44:48  
I really enjoy BST because although it does get very repetitive sometimes it is very rewarding. I was able to level BST and study for my Biology finals at the same time and when I needed to take a break I could do so whenever I pleased without worrying about gimping someone elses' exp/wasting someone elses time. It is also a job that is very engaging and relies solely on your own experience, which means you cannot disappoint anyone but yourself if you mess up and you don't have to worry about someone else ruining your own exp. I also loved it because my first 75 was WHM and I needed a job that would allow me to solo things fairly well since my WHM could not.
 Ramuh.Yimoa
user: Yimoa
By Ramuh.Yimoa 2010-04-18 19:34:49  
I've leveled 3 jobs via the old standard presync/MMM and by far my favorite to 75 was BST, soloing was a complete change of pace,not to mention meet some pretty badass people flagging your range along the way also.
One camp that comes to mind was thickets: Leech>Colibri.
Will always be one of my favorites,MMM/Sync is a great equalizer now however.
Still enjoyed Syncing to 50ish with a friend and hitting Djinns in batallia(S) BST/BLMx2, So much fun.
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
user: Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2010-04-18 20:05:40  
Soloing/Duoing BST to 75 was one of the most challenging, fun and frustrating things I've done in the game. I've met a lot of cool people, leveled in places I otherwise never would have leveled in, and of course, the freedom to level whenever I want thing.

I was never in a huge rush to 75, honestly I had more fun leveling BST than I have really had at 75 so far. I've done some cool stuff like 5 BST Hakutaco, soloed some other NMs like Ose, Citipati, ect but other than that for endgamey type stuff I just use SAM, BLM or DNC.

I have an LS mate leveling his BST now and he's been doing nothing but FoV because it's faster than soloing, to me that just seems boring but to each their own. I have done in the FoV in sky on BST though, since it's a decent BST exping spot already.

I'm excited to see what BST camps the new level caps/areas will bring :D
[+]
 Titan.Xantavia
サーバ: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-04-19 00:28:32  
I found that soloing bst gave me confidence to try stuff solo I would have otherwise avoided. When I was camped outside of Nashau in the 60's, somebody asked if I could help with an AU mission (the fomor in the graveyard). I did, and it felt great.

What got me into bst in the first place was a guy in my shell who helped several of us get blu spells. He knew where a lot of mobs were located in the oft-ignored areas of Van'diel. On your way up, you will learn about different mobs. Do they aggro, do they link, what kind of moves do they have? A guide will only tell you so much, but first-hand experience will be all the more memorable.

I think the serious BST players are all about the journey, not how fast we can get to 75. We explore more of the world, fight more than just little pink birds, and death doesn't really bother of us. I got to enjoy puronogo isle, which if I was xp parties only, would never get to see. I took off and leveled in Pso'xja, just for a change of pace. Attowa chasm has more to it than just an obstacle between you and the hagun ENM.

If anything, dinging 75 was abit of a disappointment. No new areas seemed to open up as viable camps. Most mobs at xp levels had no charmable mobs nearby. And from what I hear, BST aren't really welcomed in endgame events, so what's the point in rushing to 75 in a week or two. We enjoy it, it sets us apart, and there is no ***-hat with a parser telling us we're not playing the game right.

Oh, and the seals. We get tons and tons of seals.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-04-19 01:43:34  
How good is using /bst to solo a job? And what level bst (for subjob) would u this be effective?

For example: SCH/BST solo'ing to 75, would this work? Would you start at like SCH20/BST10 or something like that?
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-04-19 02:16:57  
BST is effective as a subjob all the way to 75 only if your BST is 75 already.

What I mean is, you can charm just as well on /bst as you can on BST, provided your actual BST level is the same or higher than your current job; IE SCH30 needs BST 30+ to effectively charm.
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-04-19 02:25:24  
by far one of the best /bst jobs would have to be rdm, they get tons of chrm gear, they can enf. as well as nuke the hell out of mobs, just so amazingly powerful give it a try i love it.
 Titan.Xantavia
サーバ: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-04-19 07:00:44  
I'm not a big fan of going /bst pre-70, just because I hate not having {leave}. If you gonna do it though, just load up on chr. With some pieces of the errant set, I actually have a respectable amount of +chr added to my rather poor mithra base.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-04-19 07:39:33  
Ramuh.Laffter said:

What I mean is, you can charm just as well on /bst as you can on BST, provided your actual BST level is the same or higher than your current job; IE SCH30 needs BST 30 to effectively charm.
Interesting I may try this then. My BST is only 4 atm so I'm gonna have to leave it to say like 37 at first. Then try leveling whm actually using /bst and see how this goes. Whm is 26 so it should be a good experiment leveling whm to 37 using this method.

THanks for the info.
 Odin.Trelan
サーバ: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-04-19 16:21:28  
Getting invites or people to accept invites can be difficult on BST. But yeah, BS/KS, play on own time, sometimes faster exp, etc. are other great reasons to solo. I make parties when I can't find a camp I like or when my friends are making parties. I can normally out damage the "run of the mill" WAR 55+ easily. Also at level sync camps, when things get ugly, I can drop party, wait for sync to wear, charm/leave, and jump right back in.
 Odin.Suotuo
サーバ: Odin
user: Suotuo
By Odin.Suotuo 2010-04-19 16:31:42  
Well i decided to lvl bst to mpk players then found out how much fun it was so i continued to play it
[+]
 Alexander.Xynthios
サーバ: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2010-04-19 16:41:05  
Most people who have BST75 nowadays are people who had no choice about 5 years ago to solo to 75 since level sync wasn't around, nor were BST seen as potentially useful for xp parties. (They still aren't to be honest...)

My BST is only 61 and i have extreme difficulties getting parties, i also see soloing as BST a good seal-farming opportunity, you may see negative points of solo but it has its advantages and strengths.

Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-04-19 20:01:12  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:

What I mean is, you can charm just as well on /bst as you can on BST, provided your actual BST level is the same or higher than your current job; IE SCH30 needs BST 30 to effectively charm.
Interesting I may try this then. My BST is only 4 atm so I'm gonna have to leave it to say like 37 at first. Then try leveling whm actually using /bst and see how this goes. Whm is 26 so it should be a good experiment leveling whm to 37 using this method.

THanks for the info.
You're welcome. :D
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-04-19 20:18:23  
I leveled BST to 75 solo, with a random pt here and there.(And duo)

I did it mostly because I'm not a huge fan of being in a party.(Points to jobs, I like solo)

I wasn't really in a rush to get 75, but it didn't take me 6 months XD. Maybe 2ish.

Another reason why I leveled it solo is because then I would now how to solo things right, unlike a lot of bsts I've seen that are 100% fail solo.

One guy I know would even level down to the dunes just to make a party, and he has one of thee most fail charm sets I've ever seen, but he has good DD set, which IMO is pointless.

I've always made sure my charm gear was good and up-to-date with my levels, then worry about other gear, but I digress.

To me BST was just more fun to solo as then to party, and then I leveled DNC. <3 DNC XD

By Gaard 2010-04-19 20:46:47  
...But why not get it to 75, then do all of the soloing you want?...
Because you won't know how, since you've never done it. Everyone else has had 75 (long) levels of practice.

Seriously though, I levelled BST because my playtimes got crazy for a while, and xping for a 3 hour block wasn't even possible. And this was also back in the days when people thought that having a BST in your party killed everyone's xp (some people still do), so partying really wasn't an option even if I wanted to.

You can solo for 30 minutes without making people mad or having to find a rep. At times, I was able to get a good amount of xp in the time it'd take the average party to find a tank. Since I never had to worry about lfp/party building time (think: generic DD in the 50s, pre-level sync), I'd wager that I levelled just as fast as a person bringing up a regular job without a static.

There's nothing wrong or stupid about soloing BST.
First Page 2