Here Is A Good BST Question...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Here is a good BST Question...
Here is a good BST Question...
 Ifrit.Oldgregg
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: oldgregg
By Ifrit.Oldgregg 2010-04-21 11:41:45  
Because the view from the top is worth the climb :)
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-04-21 12:12:20  
My BST is 23 right now. I started leveling it a couple years ago when my play time drastically dropped due to work. Shortly after I ended up taking an extended break from FFXI completely. Anyway, I would hop on and play for anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours.

Another reason is because I frequently leeched wireless then. I didn't want to get a PT and then DC in the middle.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-04-21 12:24:19  
This isn't just a BST question. This can be related to any job. You can fast track (summoner burn) any job to 75 in a week. Why would you waste time leveling? In fact, they should just start everyone off in the game at Lv.75. /sarcasm

Some people actually enjoy being able to go out and obtain exp at their own pace. For me, I was able to goto places I had never been and play with mobs I never would have touched otherwise.

I was able to learn the mechanics of mobs and their normal roaming areas, which enemies intimidate others, which mobs link, how to fix links and a variety of other knowledge I didn't have before. This isn't something you'll learn by spamming Colibri(S), Lesser Colibri, Colibri, Greater Colibri.

I've played with "party BST" before. You can tell they're not as comfortable with the job and the idea of soloing. Sure they can toss mobs at an enemy but when you are in a situation where pets are limited; watching them kill pet after pet until they have none left is sad.

Now this isn't directed at everyone. I know there are people out there who have played this game long enough that they know just about every game mechanic inside and out. WHM was my first job and the only thing I knew about the game was how to hit my cure macro. I leveled BST as my second job and a whole new world opened up for me. It was a great learning experience and I wouldn't have done it any differently.
 Leviathan.Novax
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-04-21 12:35:51  
Most ppl won't invite a bst cause as it stands lolbst? like drg used to be. If SE wanted to they could make it more party friendly and give them Polearm skill B+ or A-.

But Bst was made for soloers? so :(
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-04-21 12:39:01  
Personally, I am surprised they haven't nerfed smn burning yet. I've done it a few times and to be honest, it's pretty boring. The only time I do it now is if someone needs a smn and I need to recap my smn. I play this game for fun and the fun is doing stuff with my friends. Guess not everyone is that way.

I have old friends who got banned for botting and they just came back and smn burned back into the same spot they were before. Of course their skills suck and they don't do any damage but whatever.

p.s. I hope they have awesome bst camps cause getting to 99 is going to suck.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-04-21 12:49:08  
People play Bst if they want to solo, learn about the game, face challenges, have fun. ^^

People play Sam if they want to stab birds.

Everyone enjoys different things.
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-04-22 11:56:03  
One of the biggest aspects of the game that people don't always pay attention to is Experience - not EXP you gain from sitting and thwaking colibri or crabs for hours on end, but experience in fighting different monsters in different scenarios.

Bst offers the player the opportunity to actually learn the job, learn the game - properties of each monster in the game, how pets work, how to manage hate, how to manage pulls using pets, how to utilize job abilities to survive different situations etc.

I can tell, after playing the game for 7 years, the differece between a player that just Astral Burned his character to 75 vs the player that actually learned the job (beyond the fact that their magic skill is extremely undercapped, as well as skills and weapon skill levels) - generally the skill level (yes, it does exist) is lacking, as well as performance in crucial situations of a battle (when things start going badly) decline when the person hasn't really Experienced the job, but only "EXP'd" it.

To each his/her own on how they decide to experience this game, it is after all, a game. But for me, I would rather rely on someone with Experience at their job, not just EXP.
By Helix 2010-05-06 10:26:44  
Bravo to the fellow Bst out there! I soloed my Bst to 75 and to date it's the only 75 I have (the other jobs just don't have the "charisma" for me that beast does -pun intended). It was the most rewarding, fun and sometimes frustrating thing I have ever accomplished in any mmorpg.

Beast is not for everyone, it wasn't meant to be. When I started on my journey, you still had to heel/dismiss your pet before the killing blow or it cost you exp. They have changed that. It is a little disappointing to see people leveling bst now in synch's or pt's because I feel like they are missing the whole point of what it means to be a beast. Freedom...freedom to explore, freedom to do what you want, when you want and no other beast will ever tell you that you're doing something wrong...generally you will get a salute or congrats on whatever level you have attained.

But to each their own, if you want to rush a solid damage dealer up to 75, I would recommend another pathway/profession, if you really want to take your time and enjoy the journey to the top...by all means, join us...and welcome to the Inner Circle.