Bst Griefing?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Bst Griefing?
Bst Griefing?
 Siren.Alicenchains
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Alicenchains 2010-04-25 08:22:44  
Is it considered griefing or trying to mpk when some A-hole comes to camp /bst and starts killing your pets on purpose during pet sawp to try and get you killed/steal camp?

Past 2 days this A-hole JP has moved in on camp and always starts killing my pets till i get annoyed and just leave . >.<
By semimmortal 2010-04-25 10:24:01  
Well, it is grief-ing if he's trying to camp when you're already exping in that area (increasing the chance of both of you dying thanks to lack of pets), which should give him an idea that it's not worth it. GM'ing is out of the question though.

BST can almost solo anywhere for exp, although it might be tougher at a different location. But if we're talking about those Bomb camps, that's a different story lol.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-25 11:06:05  
Fight fire with fire? If he's BST and some asshat did that to me, I'd probably go away for 30 mins or so and let him think the camp is his and come back and start doing the same to him.. Maybe then he'd get the picture on how annoying it is.

Which is actually saying a lot because I'm not usually an *** like that, but some things I have big problems just letting slide.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-25 11:13:47  
I remember someone came to my farming spot, so I just got my entire ls to come out and camp every pop spot for each mob. The guy went afk and came back 2hrs later and we were all still there it was great.
[+]
 Siren.Alicenchains
By Siren.Alicenchains 2010-04-25 11:33:52  
Well if i go to a camp and someone is there i'll go elsewhere, but people now just don't care and overcamp or try to. What gets me his bst was obviously high enough to /bst and be able to charm so he knows how people can be D-bags but yet still makes a point to be an A-hole
[+]
By Helix 2010-05-06 10:49:46  
No Bst likes to hear when this happens to another Bst. Something similar happened once to an old LS member who was leveling in Altepa. A party moved in on his camp and blatantly told him "get out Bst, this is our camp now"

He complained to the LS and as much as I would like to take credit for this, I was just a participant.

The LS leader was also a bst and he asked the LS "Everyone that has a 60+ lvl bst get your af gear and head to Altepa." (he wanted to make sure that the party knew exactly what was happening)

In about 15 minutes, twenty 60+ bst showed up and we exterminated the entire zone. After 20 minutes of absolutely no life forms on widescan, the party apologized to our friend and left...

It's a beautiful and powerful thing when the Brotherhood of Beastmasters works together
[+]
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-05-06 10:58:16  
Helix said:
No Bst likes to hear when this happens to another Bst. Something similar happened once to an old LS member who was leveling in Altepa. A party moved in on his camp and blatantly told him "get out Bst, this is our camp now" He complained to the LS and as much as I would like to take credit for this, I was just a participant. The LS leader was also a bst and he asked the LS "Everyone that has a 60 lvl bst get your af gear and head to Altepa." (he wanted to make sure that the party knew exactly what was happening) In about 15 minutes, twenty 60 bst showed up and we exterminated the entire zone. After 20 minutes of absolutely no life forms on widescan, the party apologized to our friend and left... It's a beautiful and powerful thing when the Brotherhood of Beastmasters works together

I've been told similar things in the past. In Crawler's Nest I remember being told "EXP for 6 people > EXP for 1."

Some players just lack couth.

Always nice to see people get pay back though! =)
[+]
 Ramuh.Krazyy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krazyy
By Ramuh.Krazyy 2010-05-06 11:06:41  
i had a issue with one other BST when i was leveling.. sort of the same situation your in now; it was a camp that is really the best one at that level and its really set up for one or two BSTs in a group, not 2 BSTs solo.. anyway the first day we were both trying to out-charm each other, out pull mobs, even tryed to get each other killed by stealing all the pets when the other person NEEDED a pet swap haha..

he asked me if i wanted to (team up?) so i said sure, turned out fine that way.. it was actually good exp and we just had a laugh about MPK'ing each other.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-05-06 11:09:35  
I teamed up with a random BST/DNC I met in Altepa who thought I was trying to MPK him. :3

We duo'd from 45-50 together.
By Zekko 2010-05-06 11:14:04  
When i used to kill Coliri's in Wajaom(sp) sometimes parties came on top of me and started taking my stuff, when i was clearly there first ¬.¬

So i charmed and left mobs everytime they tried to pull them, they soon left.
 Odin.Trelan
サーバ: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2010-05-06 15:41:45  
The other day I was camping outside of Nashmua and a 75 nin shows up and starts running through the birds. When he had the opportunity, he would cast on birds that I would be running to, while he was fighting another. I still am unsure as to why a 75 nin would be there killing birds, but oh well.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-05-06 15:45:34  
If he's trying to MPK, let him MPK you, the GMs will occasionally make a move on an MPK case.
 Asura.Anapinata
サーバ: Asura
user: Elspyth
By Asura.Anapinata 2010-05-08 06:18:48  
am leveling in Garlaige Citadel atm on BST, its not so much the other BST's or parties that am struggling to get a good for, its people doing Trial of the Magians. i was repeatedly asked to move or leave the area as i was informed "there are other bst camp's you can do" but when i get to these camps am met with more Trial of the Magians ppl :(
 Siren.Wolfpack
user: wolfpack
By Siren.Wolfpack 2010-05-08 07:41:03  
It is pretty annoying to have a party come to your camp. I would nvr leave though, just keep getting what i could, it doesnt take long for 1 of the 6 ppl to realize their exp is suffering and they move on. Ppl going for the trials are a different story.

On the reverse side.. I got 3 lvl75 bst and a thf together and went wivre hide hunting a few times. 2hred the birds there and lol'ed at the merit party /tells. No hide drops, but i can only hope someone in the B.Thickets merit party's stole a nm off me or any other bst for that matter. Small victorys!

Siren.Wolfpack
user: wolfpack
By Siren.Wolfpack 2010-05-08 07:42:40  
Another bst camping on me??? did u ask for a <team up?>
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2010-05-08 08:05:05  
Iv had this happen to me before, the last time was in Ifrits Cauldron though many moons ago, the biggest issue BST will ever have to overcome when lvling is finding a place to xp safely in the knowledge that they wont get screwed over by some arsehole that thinks thier reason to kill the mob is better than yours, if its another BST they should have the decency to check the zone first and at least ask for team up, if its someone thats /bst.. well they already know the pains BST go through so shuold just gtfo. Trial of the Magians and FoV screwed many decent BST solo/duo camps imo and i havent found or seen any decent BST camps in WotG. I think this is one of those.. "Learn to deal" kind of things.. sad as it is the only thing i would suggest is /smile at him then take your entire LS to the area and kill every single mob you see then /grin at him/her :P
 Siren.Alicenchains
By Siren.Alicenchains 2010-05-11 02:02:43  
I actually got fed up and switched to blu and went back and raped the whole area lol. That seemed to remedy the A-hole /bst problem. And omg yes, the magian trial people are rude, very rude, died on djins in Vunkerl Inlet {S} because magian people killed all the pets.
 Siren.Cordareo
user: Cordareo
By Siren.Cordareo 2010-05-11 02:15:43  
I was soloing BST at the bomb camp in Garlaige Citadel basement for about an hour and a half. This exp party rolls in there and the PLD sends me a tell saying, "Can you stop killing our mobs, we're trying to exp" and I'm sitting there completely derp because I'm using their "mobs" to kill mine (bombs) and was here long before them. I just ignored them and kept at it and they left because of lack of beetles.

Was beautiful.
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-05-11 03:57:46  
I've recently been exp'ing BST in GC basement too, the magian trial people were awful ¬.¬ There was a couple Blue mages who needed to kill beatles on earth weather, which i can totally understand. But what they were actually doing, was gathering up all the beatles in the zone, and hording them on the stairwell, keeping them slept until eath weather appeared, so there was basically no pets left at all cept bats, which are considerably weaker when you're taking on bombs.
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-05-11 15:49:06  
Shiva.Superdan said:
I've recently been exp'ing BST in GC basement too, the magian trial people were awful ¬.¬ There was a couple Blue mages who needed to kill beatles on earth weather, which i can totally understand. But what they were actually doing, was gathering up all the beatles in the zone, and hording them on the stairwell, keeping them slept until eath weather appeared, so there was basically no pets left at all cept bats, which are considerably weaker when you're taking on bombs.

I actually like the bats better on the bombs - not only can you level sync a little lower and still use them, but nobody kills them, so they are always in ready supply.