Askar Head For Samurai?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Askar Head for Samurai?
Askar Head for Samurai?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-30 19:17:17  
Well if you are soloing and taking alot of hits it's actually pretty helpful. I know I see noticable differences switching from walmart to homam or dusk head
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-30 19:18:59  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well if you are soloing and taking alot of hits it's actually pretty helpful. I know I see noticable differences switching from walmart to homam or dusk head
I didn't say it wasn't. I was making the general statement to his comment on who cares what you're wearing, not specifically to askar head.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-30 19:45:52  
Aside from Looks, you never really should be using Askar Zuchetto over Walahra. It's not really as significant a difference as everyone tries so feverishly to suggest, but the thought that Turban is any way inferior to Askar (Or Bonnet) is just idiotspeak.

Ace's, depending on gear, can push you to full-time meats on many targets.

Though Samurai Cannot use it, Arcuben's helm is amazing for Full-time Sushi jobs.

The only situation I can think of where you'd Askar over Turban is on Beastmaster. 1 Haste is sometimes all it takes to take enmity off your pet too much. Of course, you can always seek out a Spurrer Beret or make a similar Kupo hat.
 Phoenix.Jovant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-04-30 19:55:25  
macro gear. Tp in full or closest u can get to haste, macro in the most str or w/e u can during weaponskills. period.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-04-30 20:34:05  
It's not even good for a Sam's WS build as there are better and cheaper options.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-04-30 20:36:04  
AKA Wyvern Helm.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-30 21:48:47  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Aside from Looks, you never really should be using Askar Zuchetto over Walahra. It's not really as significant a difference as everyone tries so feverishly to suggest, but the thought that Turban is any way inferior to Askar (Or Bonnet) is just idiotspeak.

Though Samurai Cannot use it, Arcuben's helm is amazing for Full-time Sushi jobs.

The only situation I can think of where you'd Askar over Turban is on Beastmaster. 1 Haste is sometimes all it takes to take enmity off your pet too much. Of course, you can always seek out a Spurrer Beret or make a similar Kupo hat.
Low chances that ace's makes the diff between meat pizza. If you're in the mid 80's, you'd still be better off w/ pizza. You'd have to literally be at the point where ace's off is uncapped acc and ace's on is capped acc.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-30 22:08:42  
i only use askar on my pld when i campaign and sub dnc. only because i like the extra def on the mobs.
 Siren.Scottyb
サーバ: Siren
user: scottyb
By Siren.Scottyb 2010-04-30 22:16:14  
Thanks for all the replies I don't have an Askar head piece no do I intend to get one, I just wanted confirmation on an opinion Ive always had.

Once again thankyou ^^
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-30 22:20:58  
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
It's not even good for a Sam's WS build as there are better and cheaper options.
Yeah but my blu mage would love it to peices
By Triplesix70 2010-04-30 22:26:56  
*Yawns*
 Lakshmi.Ezekryu
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Ezekryu
By Lakshmi.Ezekryu 2010-04-30 22:27:23  
I'm glad I can change the Turban's model via dats though, *** hate how it looks.
 Asura.Ericka
サーバ: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-04-30 22:55:07  
<3 my walmart turban, Nothing wrong with TPing with a Chain strap on. lol

Aces is over rated. its a good piece of Gear but there are other pieces that are more beneficial for w/e job that can equip it.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-04-30 22:56:02  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Low chances that ace's makes the diff between meat pizza. If you're in the mid 80's, you'd still be better off w/ pizza. You'd have to literally be at the point where ace's off is uncapped acc and ace's on is capped acc.

Low chances is still a chance, and having it available means in that situation, you are prepared.

If it's worth the Space/Time/Effort is a personal assessment.

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-30 23:11:21  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Low chances is still a chance, and having it available means in that situation, you are prepared.

If it's worth the Space/Time/Effort is a personal assessment.
No, you don't get it
Quote:
My statement was directed towards that.

Low chance is a chance, yes, but it doesn't mean "on many targets". Ace's CAN be better than turban, but the number of situations that it is, makes it for VERY situational use.

That being said, the times it is useful, I never denied its use, just saying that it's very rare.
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-04-30 23:14:57  
does not compute, does not compute

logic is irrelevant

resistance is futile

you will be assimilated :P
 Bismarck.Dricent
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dricent
By Bismarck.Dricent 2010-05-01 17:01:48  
Turban is ok if you like the 1% extra haste but for a samurai which needs to deal dmg you want to go with askar since it gives str+4 dex+4 and vit+4
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-05-01 17:07:20  
Bismarck.Dricent said:
Turban is ok if you like the 1% extra haste but for a samurai which needs to deal dmg you want to go with askar since it gives str+4 dex+4 and vit+4

You can do more damage over time with 1% haste than you can with str+4 dex+4 and wtf vit+4?

Unless you are referring to using a WS, which you should use something else.

1% < str+4 dex+4 if your only going to hit something once and disengage.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-01 17:07:23  
please mods lock this thing

For future reference if you do not know how to gear your job, you should not be giving advice.

Sam is not a Damage Over Time job, mnk is. Sams ws matter more.
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-05-01 17:11:25  
Seraph.Rafik said:

yes because attacking faster won't result in getting in more ws?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-01 17:11:35  
Quote:
stop posting, k?
You don't know what you're talking about
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-01 17:12:41  
Alexander.Nepharite said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

wasnt meant towards you
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-01 17:12:51  
Seraph.Rafik said:
please mods lock this thing

For future reference if you do not know how to gear your job, you should not be giving advice.

Well no ***. By the way, as already stated that's what the haste is for. You gain more tp and ws more often. How does TP'ing in STR help your ws damage? It doesn't. It only effects your DoT. How does haste help your ws dmg? You hit more, so you get more tp, you use this TP to ws more.
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-05-01 17:13:47  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Alexander.Nepharite said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

wasnt meant towards you

sorry then =/
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-05-01 17:17:00  
askar is a good piece if:
-you don't wanna use walmart turban
-you don't have a ws helmet with more than 4str
-you want to save inventory space
Seraph.Rafik said:
please mods lock this thing For future reference if you do not know how to gear your job, you should not be giving advice. Sam is not a Damage Over Time job, mnk is. Sams ws matter more.

and every damaing dealing job is a DoT job
including samurai
unless the samurai are just building tp and running into ws.
 Bismarck.Dricent
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dricent
By Bismarck.Dricent 2010-05-01 17:18:17  
See those of us with samurai know we dont need the extra 1% haste and need the str+4 because we get so much more tp per hit and have meditate so we would want to be full timing a head piece with str+4 rather than a haste+5% with no more usefull qualities. And as for the Vit+4.... the vit helps us survive a little longer since if you noticed samurai's tend to steal alot of hate
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-05-01 17:19:37  
gosh people do not even understand what I am saying

parse a sam and a mnk. Sam will do more damage with ws and a mnk more with DOT

that is all I was saying
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-01 17:20:04  
You're highly misunderstanding, Volk. Damage is generally split into two types. DoT and WS. We call mnk a DoT job because 60-70% of their damage comes from punching, where as only 30-40% of their damage comes from WS'ing. Sam is the other way around. 65-70% of their damage comes from WS where as 30-35% comes from their DoT.
Quote:
askar is a good piece if:
None of those situations make Askar good. They may fit that situation, but it still does not make the piece good.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-01 17:22:01  
Quote:
See those of us with samurai know we dont need the extra 1% haste and need the str+4 because we get so much more tp per hit and have meditate so we would want to be full timing a head piece with str+4 rather than a haste+5% with no more usefull qualities. And as for the Vit+4.... the vit helps us survive a little longer since if you noticed samurai's tend to steal alot of hate

Quit XI and go to WoW, no wait, I take that back. I wouldn't even wish you on them, either.

You don't *** full time the turban. Are you that brain dead? It's called a macro. I suggest you open your instruction manual, if you can even read, and flip to the page that teaches you how to macro. You swap in your your str for ws. You tp in your haste. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-05-01 17:23:22  
according to his gear page, he runs a 6-7% haste tp setup...