Why Do I See So Many 5/5 Usukane SAMs?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Why do I see so many 5/5 Usukane SAMs?
Why do I see so many 5/5 Usukane SAMs?
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-04 20:14:19  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Nobody ever said that. What thread are you reading? They were just saying full usu has more acc. Besides the point though, lolace's. Use haste set up WITH TURBAN

Ace's > Turban (/DRG)?

Does that hanging fraction actually matter? (25.6) for samurai.

Ace+4
Dusk+3
Veloc+6
Byakko+5
Wyvern+5
Usukane+2

25%

FFXI always rounds down, so 25.6 is still 25.
[+]
 Sylph.Merow
サーバ: Sylph
user: geefresh
By Sylph.Merow 2010-05-04 20:15:43  
Also the differnce between full usu and mixed set on polearm @ birds is somewhat small.

a mixed set like belwo has 401.3 acc 20% haste (21 if dusk +1)

assuming no usu body

usu set has 405.3 acc 19% haste

If I did my math right.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-04 20:16:02  
Dusk+1 gloves and use /war. 10% da and zerk is going to beat 2% haste.

And you're being a smart-***. That's like me saying acc gear vs a str ring when you're at 95% hitrate with your comparison of haste gear when you're already capped.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-04 20:16:19  
Haste is in values of /1024 in the game's calculations, so what we see as 25% is ~24.4% due to the whole numbers being slightly larger (usually) than their fractional counterparts. The 0.6% does matter, since it's needed to reach 256/1024 haste in gear.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-04 20:19:21  
Knowledge gained!

Thx.
 Phoenix.Jovant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-05-04 20:29:30  
someone said haby +1 is better then usu body... how is that so?

i use usu body as tp gain & ws >.>; especially when im at str vs att cap.

as for ace vs turban vs usu head...

Tp gain: stack haste & tp store
Ws: stack str.. str > att using sam ws's due to str mod <.<;

simple sam basics 101

assuming u can hit the f'n mob ofcourse (so do i really need to say anything about acc?)
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-04 20:47:18  
You're not capping str >.> Are you serious?
 Phoenix.Jovant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-05-04 21:24:43  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
You're not capping str >.> Are you serious?

what? no one said anything about capping str... basic physical damage calaculation str vs att depending on ur total str there would be no need to add more "attack" your attack damage output is whats capped depending on your str.

thus why str > att in most situations especially during WS seeing that sams WS mod is 75% str.

for some jobs like mnk str mod is too low to see a significant difference so u go att > str.. matter of fact its acc > att, if ur acc is good enough to get all 8 connections then u want to build att to get maximum output on the str u already have, if u can build str & attack while keeping acc up then you'll get a high damaging A.fist reading
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Ranok
user: Ranok
By Sylph.Ranok 2010-05-04 21:56:45  
I see a lot of fellow sylphies on this thread so I shall reply with the name of the weapon skill you have mentioned. Ascetic's Fury!:)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-04 22:04:49  
Quote:
what? no one said anything about capping str... basic physical damage calaculation str vs att depending on ur total str there would be no need to add more "attack" your attack damage output is whats capped depending on your str.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Str and attack are independent of one another.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-04 22:26:40  
2.5 acc is better than 2% Haste now?

Cause that's the difference between full usu and the proper ace's helm build at birds.
[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-04 22:28:30  

Meat + Usukane + Polearm at near capped accuracy

VS.

Haste build + Crab Sushi (You're not capping without, and *** Ace's Helm) + Polearm at birds

=

Usu wins. People here stuck in the dark ages or what?

For GKT, you don't wear full Usu.
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-04 22:33:48  
Quote:

Cause that's the difference between full usu and the proper ace's helm build at birds.
Quote:
Meat + Usukane + Polearm at near capped accuracy

VS.

Haste build + Crab Sushi (You're not capping without, and *** Ace's Helm) + Polearm at birds

=

Apparently so.
[+]
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-05-04 22:35:00  
what I dont understand is why sam's (and most other jobs for that matter) are still pumping millions of gil into getting salvage gear when in a few months it'll be obsolete with the lvl cap raise. I'm sure alotta ppl felt their nuts getting stomped when SE announced this.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-04 22:36:09  
Seraph.Gilhaven said:
what I dont understand is why sam's (and most other jobs for that matter) are still pumping millions of gil into getting salvage gear when in a few months it'll be obsolete with the lvl cap raise. I'm sure alotta ppl felt their nuts getting stomped when SE announced this.

Not confirmed.

1. Trial of the Magians
2. Old armour isn't automatically obselete
3. no
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-05-04 22:36:21  
Naw he doesn't want to use/get Ace's helm. Which is fine, but saying full usu is better than the proper ace's helm build at birds is a little off target.

Both builds should give you enough acc to eat meat (we're talking 2.5 acc here folks). After that it comes down to which gives more haste, and that is the ace's build.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Despayn
サーバ: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-05-04 22:38:22  
Seraph.Gilhaven said:

I wouldn't say obsolete. Salvage gear will probably still be the best for quite a while, probably even at 99. See Haubergeon. Its a level 59 piece yet so many jobs still use it @75. Level doesn't mean ***.

Will it still be the best gear avail? Probably not. I'd do salvage if drop rates were more acceptable and I didn't always go with *** morons. Anyway.

What irks me is full Usu NINs more than SAMs.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-04 22:41:21  
Quote:
Naw he doesn't want to use/get Ace's helm. Which is fine, but saying full usu is better than the proper ace's helm build at birds is a little off target.

Both builds should give you enough acc to eat meat (we're talking 2.5 acc here folks). After that it comes down to which gives more haste, and that is the ace's build.
Quote:

Unless you have dusk gloves+1, which I don't, then ace's build is only 1% haste, not two.
 Sylph.Merow
user: geefresh
By Sylph.Merow 2010-05-04 22:43:20  
Sylph.Vincentius said:

Meat Usukane Polearm at near capped accuracy

VS.

Haste build Crab Sushi (You're not capping without, and *** Ace's Helm) Polearm at birds

=

Ace's helm has a place in polearm builds and saying you can't cap acc without sushi might be true within like 2%. I parse almost every merit party I do and I always have 93-94% melee acc in my set up with meats no madrigal or hunter's or unnecessary buffs like that. Mixed sets can also get more haste than full usu set. So saying full usu is the only acceptable way to use meats on birds is just wrong.
[+]
 Bismarck.Paria
サーバ: Bismarck
user: TGiBS
By Bismarck.Paria 2010-05-04 22:44:24  
all this back and forth makes me not want to even unlock the samurai job. I don't know if i could ever handle the pressure to be geared correctly. I'll be searching for a party or whatever and get asked, "Do you have sam job?" i'll reply, "yes" then the person will ask, "Do you have X,Y,Z gear?" and i'll be like, "Huh?" and the person will be like, "G T F O!" and then i'll just quit the game altogether at that point...FML...
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-04 22:46:20  
Bismarck.Paria said:
all this back and forth makes me not want to even unlock the samurai job. I don't know if i could ever handle the pressure to be geared correctly. I'll be searching for a party or whatever and get asked, "Do you have sam job?" i'll reply, "yes" then the person will ask, "Do you have X,Y,Z gear?" and i'll be like, "Huh?" and the person will be like, "G T F O!" and then i'll just quit the game altogether at that point...FML...

Pretty much what puts me off SAM.

Plus for a player with no income (me) it's damn hard to make up the gil for simple pieces.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-04 22:47:51  
Garuda.Mabrook said:
Asura.Despayn said:
full Usu NIN
I like NIN with full usu.

I don't see much for a TP set other than full usu if acc is good enough and have full enmity merits. A haste set can go a long way.
Full usu on nin is gross.
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-04 22:48:10  
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:

I was joking, I think mix and match is always better than full usu because full usu is barely any ACC difference for less haste.

Also, anything besides usu boots on NIN are a waste really imo. Gloves are also good for evasion builds where you have to melee.
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-05-04 22:50:23  
Bismarck.Paria said:

I don't ask people what their gear looks like before I ask them. I examine them beforehand, which is why I almost never make parties anymore.
Garuda.Mabrook said:
I like NIN with full usu.

I don't see much for a TP set other than full usu when if acc is good enough and have full enmity merits. A haste set can go a long way.

Huh? In what situation are we talking about here, because your standard Turban/AF Body/Dusk Gloves +1, Koga Hands/Bhaidate/Fuma build will out-do full Usu on NIN in every situation.

13% Haste (Usu) vs. 17% + Dual Wield+. Durpydurpdurp.
 Sylph.Vestal
user: miperich
By Sylph.Vestal 2010-05-04 22:50:41  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Garuda.Mabrook said:
Asura.Despayn said:
full Usu NIN
I like NIN with full usu. I don't see much for a TP set other than full usu if acc is good enough and have full enmity merits. A haste set can go a long way.
Full usu on nin is gross.
sad but true.
 Asura.Despayn
By Asura.Despayn 2010-05-04 22:51:45  
At least it looks sexy. Its great for town gear...!

EDIT: If I had full-Usu, I'd wear that ***on NIN, but only because I have MNK and I can justify it. TEEHEE HEHHEHEHEE
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-04 22:52:44  
My mirke + haidate is sexier!