user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-05-06 21:42:26  
My bet is on the hauby+1
 Sylph.Ashaaman
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ashaaman
By Sylph.Ashaaman 2010-05-06 21:44:49  
Likely because Jin is a multi-hit so you'll want the acc, as well as the att, you'll want to use Hauby +1. And the acc from hauby will far outdo the 4 more DEX from Osode.
 Leviathan.Willoflame
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-05-06 21:51:41  
Mightwin said:
Which one is better for jin?

Hey Mightwin,

To answer your question about Osode vs. Hauby+1 for blade:jin, the answer is a straight hauby+1. You'll find that in a 3-hit weapon skill, you'll miss a few hits here and there, so it's best to have the 12 acc from hauby+1, whereas you'll be losing 8 to mods, you'll be gaining the 12 acc which is key on landing multi-hit weapon skills.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that acc > mods for Jin, I'm just saying that 12 acc will benefit you more versus no acc+.

But, if you're farming EP- mobs, use osode!
[+]
By Mightwin 2010-05-06 22:14:32  
thanks for the info
 Sylph.Kozuki
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-05-06 23:44:11  
Always use hauby +1.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-06 23:57:23  
nq haub is always better than osode (against things that matter).
[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 00:37:54  
I'd say haub+1 unless you have an anwig salade with wsacc+acc.
[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-07 01:24:10  
Sylph.Kozuki said:
Always use hauby +1.

Unless farming EM or lower. When you're at capped accuracy in your Jin set, there'd be no point in adding more accuracy.

Anything T+ though, or where your ACC starts to fade slightly, Haub+1 always.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kireime
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kireina
By Quetzalcoatl.Kireime 2010-05-07 01:50:45  
Everything is situational. If you are capped acc, Osode is potentially better becuase of the mods. If you are capped acc, and Osode puts you above Ddex>40 (Ddex = your dex - enemy agi. Crit rate increases by 1% for every point of Ddex from 40->50. very very important for crit-based WS like Jin), then it's definitly better.

Basically, forcus on capping acc, then focus on getting Ddex=50, then str/att where you can fit it.
 Cerberus.Oulanbator
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oulanbator 2010-05-07 04:02:54  
I think the best option is Mirke Wardecors with 3% Crit and 10 Acc.
Then Hachiryu body is even better, but it's a tough one to get.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-07 04:08:50  

vs.

Pretty close on that one. Is it worth making Mirke into a WS piece when you could make it a superior TP body? I'm not so sure about that.

As for this, I'm going to agree that it's good, but only if you're short of being able to get to dDEX cap with another body. At certain points, that 6 DEX on Haub+1 will pretty much equal out to 6% Critical Hit Rate.

And of course, those Haramaki's are everywhere, amirite?
 Cerberus.Oulanbator
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oulanbator 2010-05-07 06:25:34  
Mirke and Hachiryu are good because they both allow you to raise your crit rate over the dDEX cap. Critical hit +% is the only stat doing this, that's how these bodies are better than Hauby +1.
A player that works on capping dDEX will benefit from these.

Making Mirke into a WS piece or a tp piece is a tough choice.
It's the best Jin piece in the whole game.
It's the best Tp body when mobs are average: too evasive for AF+1 and not strong enough to justify using hauby+1 for more acc/atk.

I guess each of us will have to find their own answer (just like for Osode Vs Hauby xD)
 Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-05-07 06:39:08  
Indeed, Oulanbator. Mirke is the better choice, but there's other places where it could be used, so it is a tough decision.
[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 14:25:44  
mirke is better suited to a tp piece with dual wield and acc (you'll be lucky if you can get something that's comparable) for nin, because honestly you probably won't get a decent acc rating on most enemies you'll want to aim for using af(+1) unless using high acc sushi (I like to stick to pizza myself), along with an increase in fstr. also because auto-attack damage is roughly 70% of nin's total dot, it would be best to maximize this first.

the anwig with wsacc+acc should cover a wide range of acc issues for WSs and allow for more mod or atk gear to be used in most cases (that's not to say you can totally forget any acc gear, you'll still want a decent amount, lol).

there's still a lot of decent gear to be used with these options aside, just be sure to take note of the enemies' evasiveness and gear accordingly. accuracy cap should be a top priority for WSs, what becomes the next most relevant stat is determined by outside buffs, food and the enemy (eg; for enemies I'm normally up against with the food I use I'm at ~440 acc, ~440 atk before berzerk, and 120 str/dex for Jin, could be off a lil' I haven't calculated it in a while, lol).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 14:31:42  
AF+1 yo, hands

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 14:40:16  
check out enkidu mittens, should let you trade in that ulthalum's for a flame or thunder ring easy.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 14:50:44  
lol, yeah, I mostly forget that that thing exists, there is a new VNM ring, +6 dex +3 acc if I remember right.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-07 15:00:24  
I think Fast Cast/Enmity or even Fast Cast/Macc would be more useful to an EG Nin. Even if not tanking, casting Ichi faster contributes to DPS. Time spent casting shadows is time not swinging.

For our DPS builds we already have on par/better options than Mirke. For TP we have Chainmail+1, and for WS we have Haub.

High evasion monsters are easily solved w/ Sushi/Pizza imo. If you want an 'accurate' TP, Haub is essentially tied w/ Mirke. Mirke isn't 'simply' better. 3 DW > 10 Attack? Probably, but not clear-cut.

As for Mirke to WS? never even occurred to me to build it that way. I just don't think it would be worth it at all. It's not clearly-cut better than Haub. 3 Crit > 10 Attack? Probably better, but, again, not Clear-cut.
Quote:
"Everything is situational. If you are capped acc, Osode is potentially better becuase of the mods. If you are capped acc, and Osode puts you above Ddex>40 (Ddex = your dex - enemy agi. Crit rate increases by 1% for every point of Ddex from 40->50. very very important for crit-based WS like Jin), then it's definitly better.

Basically, forcus on capping acc, then focus on getting Ddex=50, then str/att where you can fit it."

I think it's important to mention how hard it would be to get that much DEX. For a lolibri that's about +47 DEX required. Doable. For a MMJ, it's like +76 DEX required. Not really doable. Here's a pretty much 'all dex' Build. There are a few points missing (DEX+2 ear, Cuch Belt- giving 2 more dex there), and we could crank it up higher by losing Gorget and Brutal. But those are sacrifices most of us would agree aren't usually worth making.

So we gets about +55 DEX... Enough for a lolibri, but not enough for a MMJ. And how much is our Accuracy suffering? One of your points too was that 'when acc is first capped.' I just don't see it. I can't agree that Osode > Haub ever for WS (against things that matter). Obv when against very very weak things, Osode is *slightly* better due to Mods and the fact that ACC/ATTK will be capped. But I don't buy that 5/4 DEX for dDEX will ever really play a big enough factor to outweigh 10/12 acc and 10/12 attack.

thanks

[+]
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-07 15:03:48  
Quote won't work so...

@Cerberus.Oulanbator:
What if you need the DEX provided by another piece to bring you to the dDEX cap? Not all of us are mithra you know. (Hi, I'm elvaan.) I agree with Mirke following suit there due to it's 5DEX, but Hachiryu just doesn't do it for me. You may end up having to sacrifice accuracy elsewhere for more DEX, etc etc. It just seems like a needlessly situational piece, where it would be much better off as gil in your pocket.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 15:04:29  
Quote:
3 DW > 10 Attack? Probably, but not clear-cut.

Nah, it's pretty clear cut.

[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-07 15:07:40  
I agree, but it's not like 5 DW > 3 DW or 15 attack > 10 Attack. We can still play the '***'s situational' card.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 15:12:37  
If you want to play situational, only two situations here, really.

Hitting for 0? Use attack
Hitting for 1 or greater? Use 3 DW.

Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-07 15:15:58  
Then by that same reasoning, use Chainmail not Mirke.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 15:18:32  
Diabolos.Ghlin said:
Then by that same reasoning, use Chainmail not Mirke.
If you want to use my reasoning, then you'd say

Acc capped? Use Chainmail
Acc not capped? Use mirke

First Page 2