users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Osode vs haub+1
Osode vs haub+1
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-07 15:20:18  
Fair enough fair enough... Just saying I wouldn't burn my Mirke for a 'situational' piece. That was my point in the first place. I'm not trying to prove X is better than Y.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 15:21:57  
Most things in the game are situational to another piece of gear. When it's the piece of gear that's useful in more situations than not though, that's the keeper. So yea, it will be situational w/ haub when you need acc for tp'ing, but how often? Almost never, because you'd literally need to be hitting for 0 for 10 attack > 3 DW.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-07 15:25:59  
Right. I agree that it would be a nice piece to have. But you only get 1 Mirke. Would you rather have a universally useful FC/Enmity (or MACC as I suggested for some) piece, or a piece you'd use rather rarely? Personal preference kicks-in here, and I was sharing my thoughts on it.

It's moot anyways, as I used my ACP body for BRD. But, for the sake of discussion, I wouldn't recommend to a NIN to do DW/Acc for their ACP. Chainamil is better in most situations, and Haub gets the job done if Acc is needed.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 15:28:28  
Quote:
or a piece you'd use rather rarely?

This is my point. It's something you'd use more often than not. It wouldn't fall under the category of "rarely" and also doubles nicely for the other DW jobs.
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 15:33:24  
the only real reason osode is any better than haub+1 (when acc is capped) is the increase from secondary mods, which can be +2~4 dmg (should be getting +4 out of my setup since it gets me up to 120 str/dex) while keeping a very decent atk rating before outside buffs/atk abilities.

I kind of doubt the -5% casting time will give enough of an increase to dot to compete with 3% DW, if it were significantly more it would definitely be debatable. as for 3% DW v. 1.25% acc + 1 str/dex + 10 atk, the 3% DW will win in most cases with decent acc values (I can't really pull the numbers out atm 'cause my brain is mush, but you're looking at an increase from 35% DW to 38%) and the 10 atk is some where around a 2.38% increase to atk at ~420 atk (I think that's right, like I said my brain is mush atm, lol) but the overall increase it will have to damage will show more on higher def enemies. all in all, the difference is minimal going either way in different situations, I just lean towards the mirke because in most situations where haub+1 would win, you'd mostlikely want to think about bringing another job (not to mention other DW jobs have access to mirke that can't use something like haub(+1)).
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-07 15:47:03  
From my experience, Pizza/Sushi enables me to use Chainmail most of the time. But, I don't play NIN all that too often, and my NIN isn't the best. (That is, I'm not going against really hard things. Things that matter, but not really hard things. Limbus, Assault, things like that.)

Yeah, if you have other job considerations, again, personal preference kicks-in. And yeah, If someone was hellbent on using Mirke for NIN DPS rather than NIN Tanking, then I do agree that DW/Acc is the route to go. But, I personally would go the tanking route, FC/Enmity.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 15:53:57  
unless you mean HNM type tanking, building upon being a good DD is part of keeping hate, lol.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-07 15:55:32  
Yes, but you can do that w/o DW/Acc Mirke.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 16:00:25  
/facepalm

optimization my friend, optimization.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-07 16:01:54  
Again, you only get 1 Mirke. It's personal preference. Yeah if we could get 5 ACP body rewards, we could talk optimization.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 16:08:37  
taking the mirke option out of the picture, yes haub+1 is going to be the best option in nearly all tp cases (only really trumped by hachiryu and usukane). I'd try to stay away from af(+1) unless you're able to use food with atk (or are getting double minuet +/- chaos) and keep above a mid 80% acc rate.
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-05-07 20:59:33  
 Cerberus.Oulanbator
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oulanbator 2010-05-07 23:54:07  
Sylph.Vincentius said:
What if you need the DEX provided by another piece to bring you to the dDEX cap? I agree with Mirke following suit there due to it's 5DEX, but Hachiryu just doesn't do it for me. You may end up having to sacrifice accuracy elsewhere for more DEX, etc etc. It just seems like a needlessly situational piece, where it would be much better off as gil in your pocket.
Good point! ^^
Well, hachiryu offer some extra acc as well, so it's not as bad as you say. Hachiryu is always +5%, Mirke is +3~8% in the higher dDEX tier, and less in the lower tiers.

Crit isn't everything though, breaking the pDIF tiers also provides a sexy effect, so 20atk might be good. Or it could be totally worthless if it doesn't takes you to the next tier. This is gonna change depending on food, buffs, JAs etc...

We're really nitpicking here, I'm gonna pull the "***'s situational" card.
I was probably a bit hasty when saying hachiryu is better than mirke. Both seems to be potent well rounded pieces, sometimes one is better, sometimes the other is, and I think it will make a little difference on the long run.

On a side note, with lv 80~99 approaching, maybe things will change for us. We could get new WS for example, something à la King's Justice or Asuran Fists would be really sexy ^^

edit: orz... didn't saw there was a page 2.
 Sylph.Vincentius
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-05-08 00:29:05  
I'd be more inclined to believe that hitting those dDEX tiers would be much more beneficial than adding attack, unless you were realllllllllllly low on it, which shouldn't be the case really, but as we've all said, ***'s situational.

Barring Mirke where I'd be much more inclined to make it into a TP piece, I'd have to say Haubergeon +1 is going to be the most beneficial, more often than not. It adds all the things that were discussed here, ACC, DEX, ATT, and STR. The situations where it falls below par are few and far between, so honestly I'd ignore anything else and just use Haub+1. Unless a Hachi body falls into your lap, in which case I'd sell the hell out of it after taking 500 screenshots of the sexiness.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-05-08 03:18:49  
What I personally would do...

Have AMK Helm with STR+4 ACC+10 WSACC+15 ATT+5? Osode.

Don't have AMK Helm? Hauby+1.