Clearing Common Blue Mage Misconceptions.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Clearing Common Blue Mage Misconceptions.
Clearing Common Blue Mage Misconceptions.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-28 01:56:17  
Hm actually there is a lot of diff weather in there. I was thinking Ve'Lugannon.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-28 01:57:19  
Odin.Yakoo said:
"MP Gear is always useless. Don't *** use it."

I lol'd xD

Tell this information a galka or Elvaan.
Btw how do you wanna casts spells without mp?
BLU without mp is more worst as ninja without shadows or pld without a shield.

~.~
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-28 02:10:28  
Odin.Yakoo said:

I lol'd xD

I'd happily tell it to them. Do you have to be a bit smarter about your MP in situations where you have no refresh? Yes. Does that mean you should waste valuable inventory space on MP gear? *** no.

Now that we get Battery Charge there's even less excuse. The greater your refresh rate the less max MP matters, and even an AH geared BLU can manage 4/tic in any zone (5 if you don't include casting cost).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-28 02:32:29  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Odin.Yakoo said:

I lol'd xD

~.~
[+]
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-28 02:38:34  
Odin.Yakoo said:

I lol'd xD

It's called Refresh, Aspir, and to a lesser extent HMP.

No one gives a *** about the size of your mp pool, it's not your *** ***. You're never going to be at your max mp again after you start fighting unless you're *** doing it wrong.

So tell me, when you're at 200mp, what the *** is that serket ring doing for your gimp ***?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-28 02:45:33  
Who the hell would full time gear for its +mp?

[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-28 02:47:29  
The way I see it, most BLU gear already has MP on it. Homam, Mirage body, Turban, Mirage Mantle, if you really think that's not enough (Even if you're a Galka), then I don't even know what to say.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Vite
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-06-28 03:21:40  
Remora.Brain said:
Odin.Yakoo said:

I lol'd xD

No one gives a *** about the size of your mp pool, it's not your *** ***. You're never going to be at your max mp again after you start fighting unless you're *** doing it wrong.

So tell me, when you're at 200mp, what the *** is that serket ring doing for your gimp ***?

/rdm convert says hi.
[+]
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-28 03:45:54  
I don't see the point of /RDM to be honest.

Sure it's nice for nuking or events where your nukes would be better, but for things like limbus, dynamis, exp soloing, Einherjar, etc., /NIN will be your bread and butter. Amazing defense and >5% DoT/WS boost vs an extra mp tank once every 10 minutes. That's a little less than 3mp per tick for me personally on an mp/time ratio. Not awfully impressive and seems self defeating.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-28 03:51:47  
Well if you put in some mp gear for the convert its a bit more.

For me I'd probably gain more like 850-900 mp from convert
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-28 04:09:25  
And then you'd lose the mp when you swapped out or lose a lot of damage from the gimp mp gear spells.

I was assuming that you'd fruit yourself a time or two afterward and that'd eat most of your MP Swap gear.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-28 04:14:48  
You do realize you kinda contradict yourself right there.

You say I'd lose the mp swapping or gimp my dmg and then say I'd use up that mp fruiting...

Either way once again full timing the mp gear unless it is for the other stat like haste is dumb stop assuming people do that.

I actually have my spellcast set swap in gear for my dmg spells based on my mp so I don't just lose it and still get full strength in spells and that's just because my tp gear has a decent amout of mp in it already and one of my spell peices has -mp
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-06-28 05:13:04  
@OP so you basically tell us how to play as a BLU.
*** YOU!
[+]
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-28 05:32:53  
Quote:
You do realize you kinda contradict yourself right there.

You say I'd lose the mp swapping or gimp my dmg and then say I'd use up that mp fruiting...

Either you'd swap in extra mp gear for convert and use the extra mp to Magic fruit yourself back to safe hp, or if you were getting cured you'd not have ***to burn mp on and just lose it when you swapped in your spellcasting gear to use Big 3 spells, unless you cast some gimp spells in mp gear while it was above the cutoff. Not all of us use windower type macros and such though, so results may vary.
Quote:
Either way once again full timing the mp gear unless it is for the other stat like haste is dumb stop assuming people do that.

Assuming my *** ***, I spent all day soloing imps, and out of the about 30 different BLUs I saw out there, by no stretch would it be exaggerating to say only 3 of them weren't total *** gimps full timing AF and casting in Serket's, Astrals, Invigorating Capes, and the like.

I'd go as far to say you're either blind, *** stupid, or on the world's best server for FFXI Blue mages if you honestly don't think people full time MP gear.

[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-28 05:50:45  
I know most blu are gimp.

But calling something dumb by assuming you'd use it in the worst way possible is just as dumb.
[+]
 Leviathan.Thania
user: thania
By Leviathan.Thania 2010-06-28 05:56:29  
i agree that 90% of blus are gimped and dont know how to play their job

Because of them BLU isnt recognized for his true valour.

Most of FFXI players are narrow minded and are influenced by rumours.
they dont like change, they always want to use reassuring strategies.

- They dont even know that a blu+sam doing a skillchain together is awesome :
3 way light : yuki => geko => casa => cannonball

or simply a geko => vertical cleave

i remember a dynamis where 10 guys were killing a mob
and my friend sam and i were killing duo another one
they need 15-20 seconds to kill it
and we killed ours in 5 seconds

- They dont even know blu is a really good tank with a lot of "hate" spells and reduction dmg possibilities

- They dont even know we have several ways to fights and help a party

blu/thf with cannonball from far away
with vertical cleave for super skillchain
heatbreath sets
eyes on me set
mind blast set
regurgitation set
stun madness set

BlU is also good in a zerging situation when he can spam spells to kill fast

PS : i dont like blu/nin, its really rare when i use that subjob
i noticed most of the gimp blus love to use it !

i remember one day i was tryng to get back the astral candle in mamook, there was a blu/nin guy
and he went first in the bcnm and said : "OMG thania why i only do 45 dmg to the boss ?"

i entered the bcnm, did a casa vertical cleave for 1900 dmg
" cause your sub and gear are gimp dude "

thats our role when we see a blu like this to educate him
to stop the lolblu rumour spreading over vanadiel

[+]
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-28 06:27:54  
I've also come across some BLUs in campaign and ISNM that seems to use convert wrong

I admit with Convert subbable, MP+ gear has a niche use now, but it's just there for mp to burn off rapidly, not something you tp in or wear for more than a couple seconds after Convert.

I'd like to point out that using more than 200-300mp over tp gear in a convert macro isn't always good for you. If you convert and dump mp with a couple buffs/cures and drop some gimp damage spells on the target, that's geat, but don't stand there and tp in *** MP gear because you want to get your "free" weaker spells in. They aren't free, you're lowering DoT and WS frequency/power by keeping MP+ gear on.
[+]
 Odin.Yakoo
サーバ: Odin
user: Yakoo
By Odin.Yakoo 2010-06-28 06:29:39  
Remora.Brain said:
Odin.Yakoo said:

I lol'd xD

Yes you are right. It's all about MP liquidity as blu. There is nothing wrong with having MP as many as possible.

Ive seen many Galka PLDs, whos MP bar is already at zero after 2 Cure IV.

Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-28 07:57:01  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
During lightnings day or weather..? No weather in there.
Hmm, thought I remembered lightning weather in there. Nevermind then, not really worth the trip for an hour.

Problem is, it's still the best option. Being alone, I had to kill Colossuses in Fei'Yin yesterday. There's 5 in the zone and they have 16 minute repops. I killed 11 >_>; 239 to go! Also, Capricious Cassie and that stupid Lv80 Ghost liked to complicate things.

Odin.Yakoo said:

I lol'd xD

Merit MP. If you're not casting in STR/Acc/Skill/etc., you're doing it wrong.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Now that we get Battery Charge there's even less excuse. The greater your refresh rate the less max MP matters, and even an AH geared BLU can manage 4/tic in any zone (5 if you don't include casting cost).

*5 MP/tick. Auto Refresh isn't Rare/Ex!
[+]
 Odin.Yakoo
サーバ: Odin
user: Yakoo
By Odin.Yakoo 2010-06-28 08:09:58  
Quote:
Quote:
Merit MP. If you're not casting in STR/Acc/Skill/etc., you're doing it wrong.

Please read before ; ; Of course im castin in STR etc. It's about MP in general...cast your spells without mp! Got it?
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-28 08:26:18  
Odin.Yakoo said:
Please read before ; ; Of course im castin in STR etc. It's about MP in general...cast your spells without mp! Got it?
But as soon as you macro in your casting gear, the MP's gone. {I don't understand.}
[+]
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-06-28 08:38:00  
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Odin.Yakoo said:
But as soon as you macro in your casting gear, the MP's gone. {I don't understand.}

When you buff at start using the max mp gear, you will have more mp in your str/skill casting later on, nothing new there people been doing it since they invented mage job, once OP said this "MP Gear is always useless. Don't *** use it." I didn't complete the rest tbh.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-06-28 08:39:58  
Is it true that when BLU reaches the experience cap it turns into a soulflayer?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-28 08:44:03  
Remora.Brain said:
No one gives a *** about the size of your mp pool, it's not your *** ***.
I *** lol'd.
Quote:
I don't see the point of /RDM to be honest.

Sure it's nice for nuking or events where your nukes would be better, but for things like limbus, dynamis, exp soloing, Einherjar, etc., /NIN will be your bread and butter. Amazing defense and >5% DoT/WS boost vs an extra mp tank once every 10 minutes. That's a little less than 3mp per tick for me personally on an mp/time ratio. Not awfully impressive and seems self defeating.
Now that we can set DW, /NIN only provides shadows and a 6.25% increase to TP phase damage only (assuming Suppa, less without). For me, Convert is equivalent to ~3.5 MP/tic assuming I vert in enough to cure myself up (easy enough with gear I already use). With auto-refresh, refresh body, and Battery Charge/Refresh that's a 70% increase to my spell damage before factoring in MP Drainkiss; even assuming Sanction/Sigil and Ballad II it's a 43.75% increase. Even with perfect MP Drainkiss/Magic Hammer returns it'll never sink below or even approach a ~3.75% increase, which is what /NIN roughly is.
Odin.Yakoo said:
Yes you are right. It's all about MP liquidity as blu. There is nothing wrong with having MP as many as possible.

Ive seen many Galka PLDs, whos MP bar is already at zero after 2 Cure IV.
So don't *** run out of MP. Those Galkas have a decent refresh rate going, which means that they're not really running out of MP. If you're worried about running out of MP (which should only be an issue in extended solos, where you can't afford to cast in max MP gear due to loss of potency), bring some meds.

I agree that there's nothing wrong with having a deep MP pool, but you can achieve that through a high refresh rate without sacrificing inventory or DPS.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-28 08:45:11  
Ragnarok.Vitaru said:
Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Odin.Yakoo said:

When you buff at start using the max mp gear, you will have more mp in your str/skill casting later on, nothing new there people been doing it since they invented mage job, once OP said this "MP Gear is always useless. Don't *** use it." I didn't complete the rest tbh.
TP/idle gear has more MP than casting gear and is worn for other purposes. It's plenty to buff yourself out of without carrying gear exclusively for that purpose. He's right.
 Ragnarok.Vitaru
By Ragnarok.Vitaru 2010-06-28 09:01:19  
Yeh ur right for for /nin /dnc or /thf, but /rdm I have pro/shell/ss/blink/bar/enspell/spike/aqua/battery charge/animated wail/etc. anyway it's very helpful carrying MP set for any MP using job. I don't even think OP was thinking about buffing when he said that.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-06-28 10:11:42  
The most common misconception I've found is that BLU's don't think they're mages; they think they're melees with spells.

It may sound odd, but that's what it is.

Or that you're a mage, not a melee; no, you're both.

Also, many BLU's seem to think that they can't control a crowd. With a good DMG-% set and some move speed, BLU becomes an incredibly amazing crowd stopped. Between AoE Flash, Stun, Slows, and Sleeps, a BLU can cripple a crowd of mobs with relative ease.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-28 11:27:27  
Quote:
PS : i dont like blu/nin, its really rare when i use that subjob
i noticed most of the gimp blus love to use it !

thats our role when we see a blu like this to educate him
to stop the lolblu rumour spreading over vanadiel

Are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? Unless you have a ridiculous PDT set, and even then unless you have a really amazing SAM tank or a *** PLD in your party, I don't give a ***what your damage or gear is like, I'm not inviting a BLU/THF. If I want an MP sink I'll invite a a *** MNK/DRK using OAT h2h or some ***.

You aren't educating people, you're one of the people who needs to be educated. /THF has it's place, but I wouldn't call /NIN gimp. Each sub has its own time and place. Shadows are a *** godsend, and up until 80 where you don't get DW, /nin and /dnc are the best for exping from 1-80, unless your tank can't hold hate where /THF would have better benefits. Otherwise, the extra melee DPS from /nin and /dnc will beat out /THF as well most of the time, and you can take aoe's/hits better unless you happen to be able to SATA somebody every single time which I doubt. Oh and good luck soloing on BLU/THF.

inb4 ***is situational. If you haven't realized by now, in FFXI everything is situational.
[+]
 Unicorn.Ninetales
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-28 11:49:02  
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? Unless you have a ridiculous PDT set, and even then unless you have a really amazing SAM tank or a *** PLD in your party, I don't give a ***what your damage or gear is like, I'm not inviting a BLU/THF. If I want an MP sink I'll invite a a *** MNK/DRK using OAT h2h or some ***.

30-71, /THF is best sub. Sorry. BLU is not a friggin' BLM, it can take hits, and Zephyr Mantle/Cocoon exist. You should be aiming to finish mobs anyway.
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-06-28 11:59:59  
Wasnt Brain the idiot who made a blu thread before and half of what he said was wrong? Now he is back apparently with more swearing maybe thats the key to getting a point across.