Clearing Common Blue Mage Misconceptions.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Clearing Common Blue Mage Misconceptions.
Clearing Common Blue Mage Misconceptions.
 Caitsith.Jar
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Jar
By Caitsith.Jar 2010-06-29 16:23:44  
Yeah... the 100HP thing doesnt work when you cap MND soft cap on magic fruit (150~mnd) than the gap gets bigger cus Embrace wont cap at 150~mnd..
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-29 16:48:26  
Caitsith.Jar said:
Ok because i dont think anyof you guys have ever main healed on BLU like i have.....
Magic fruit i was capping the MND mod on to the point that healing magic skill from /SCH did nothing (about 150~ MND)
<tested with cure calculator to see if i should level /sch>

so we DID need another healing spell and this one is not worthless MP wise.

also the enmity gained from a full magic fruit is... crazy..to say the least.
i used this gear VERY rarely because of this(limbus and dyna when mobs die fast) but i've seen less hate from 640~ Embrace than my 550~ magic fruit. maybe a sup par cure V enmity calculation? because i did pull hate more than a whm with cure V.

Kaeko's testing resulted in Plenilune Embrace receiving the same amount of enmity per HP cured as any other cures(aside from Cure V). However, this means that depending on the level of the target you cured, you may have actually gained less enmity curing a level 80 character for 640 than you would if you cured a level 75 character for 550.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-29 17:23:50  
Remora.Brain said:
No matter what you do Penilune will only have 100 base hp on Fruit, since it's based on the exact same formula.

Plenilune isn't quite as good as fruit for MP efficiency, but if you're curing and you need to get your target as far from the danger range as possible, as quick as possible, Plenilune is then better.

I can't really agree with this. Feeling the casting time difference between these two spells is what bothers me most. Anyone who's leveled BLU can feel the difference between the stage in time when they stopped using Wild Carrot as much and started mainly setting Magic Fruit. That half-second extra to casting time is simply not worth the 100 HP to me. Maybe as the levels increase and we start seeing a widening gap between the two spells, then I may set it.

If you need to get someone out of that danger range as quick as possible, stick with Magic Fruit. ~410 cures in 3.5 seconds vs. ~510 cures in 4 seconds. Not to mention the recast time on Plenilune Embrace is a full 10 seconds vs. Magic Fruit's 6 second recast.

Now if you're going to set both spells, and main heal, that's fine. But I wouldn't use the spell unless I am basically forced to(i.e. Magic fruit recast is down and tank just got hit again right after I just cast).
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2010-06-29 18:03:58  
You may notice there being a difference between Embrace and fruit greater than 100, and this is probably because of cure potency gear, D/W bonus, since the Soft caps on both spells should be the same with just a -200 or a -100 on the end.

I would like to know what your setup is to net you 150MND though.

Also the <0.5 second casting time (FC) is worth the extra HP if you're trying to get someone as far out of the danger area as possible,since that extra 110hp on a cure can save you on things that hit 500+ an attack. If you're main healer having both set should be a given now.

Just to be certain, has anyone confirmed that DW has not been added to any of the older spells that had no traits? Similar to how Bad Breath had no trait until Fast Cast trait was added?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-29 21:45:51  
Remora.Brain said:
You may notice there being a difference between Embrace and fruit greater than 100, and this is probably because of cure potency gear, D/W bonus, since the Soft caps on both spells should be the same with just a -200 or a -100 on the end.

I would like to know what your setup is to net you 150MND though.

Also the <0.5 second casting time (FC) is worth the extra HP if you're trying to get someone as far out of the danger area as possible,since that extra 110hp on a cure can save you on things that hit 500 an attack. If you're main healer having both set should be a given now.

Just to be certain, has anyone confirmed that DW has not been added to any of the older spells that had no traits? Similar to how Bad Breath had no trait until Fast Cast trait was added?

I'd be pissed if Refueling gave us another tier of Fast Cast or something else that was useful. Like: "We just gave you an awesome 15% Haste spell, but here's a nice spell set combination with your lol10% Haste spell..."

As for a 150 MND set...

This MND set has some improvements that it could have, but grants a +74 bonus to MND. Now assuming you have 70 base MND, plus 15 MND(~25 is possible, but rapes your spell selections), plus this 74 MND in gear would mean a total of 159 MND.

Now, I know Jar doesn't have Morrigan's Feet(pretty beefy MND component) or Slops, but he could have had a better cape and body. >.>
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 00:22:06  
Static Earring? Seriously? Who has that? <_<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-30 00:47:22  
Not completely useless for career BLM or nuking SCH I suppose, but it's definitely one of the weaker AN rewards.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 00:48:22  
Anyway, had to get a brd to sing for me to boost my MND above 152, but with 163 total MND and 120 healing skill (no light staff), Plenilune did 599, and Magic Fruit did 499. If there's a cap to either of these it's over 150 MND, or it makes such little difference as to not matter. Even at 99 I find it hard to believe I'll ever have much more than 150 MND without setting ridonkulous spells to get it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-30 01:26:04  
Well I had to retard up all my spells, go /whm and get a brd to sing at me to get 163 MND (forgot instrument though, only one song). Considering from 75-79 my base STR (dunno about the others) went up by only 2, I can't see it being much more than 10 higher than what it is now, so let's call that 69 base MND for a 99 hume blu/nin. Currently I have +57 MND in gear and spells (no weapon), which is around about typical for my max MND curing build (perhaps a few MND low as I only have like, 3 spells set atm).

I can only guess at the improvements in gear from here to 99, but let's pump that +57 MND up to +80. That puts my total MND at an estimated 149 total MND at 99. It will be possible to go higher than that, hell, I've just proved it's possible now, but in a practical situation? I'd guess that even the best geared blu would be capping at no more than 160-170 MND as /nin at 99, and I've just shown that plenilune is still exactly 100HP difference. Maybe if you're a 99blu/sch with 200 total MND it'll be a different story, but in that situation you're most probably going to have both of them set ANYWAY.