フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Hundred Knives
Hundred Knives
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 09:23:21  
I'm main handing a Kila +1. It's DMG: 41. I'm going to go outside of dyna for this next example. I'm the person who likes to take a campaign mob off to the side from time to time to test things like this out.

I apply presto/quick step on them before I start that skillchain so I make sure that all the hits hit. Each WS does about 500 to 700. So already that's 1.5k to 2.1k damage from each WS already. Then if you add in the actual skill chains. The first one(distortion) is usually around 500 and the darkness at the end is around 900-1.1k.

So that's anywhere from 2.9k - 3.9k damage...

edit: If you look at some of the DNC threads... my damage is kind've lol tbh.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-19 09:25:10  
Asura.Tristean said:
So DNC can't Sekkanoki evisceration > dancing edge > reverse flourish > evisceration for the same amount of damage when dnc has access to a fussetto +10% evisceration damage? Hmm I didn't know that.

And drac... are you saying that DNC should place last every single time when it comes to DDing?

If you're not with lesser DDs, then yes you should parse last. In a perfect world DNC should place last, at anyrate... possibly out-parse the COR (and THF if you have one?), things have changed so much I don't know what's going on in the COR/THF scene anymore.
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 09:26:33  
Why would DNC place last when DNC has a job ability that boosts WS damage...
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 09:27:10  
I haven't done campaign in ages, but I'll post some GK numbers for ya in awhile...btw why are you referencing the fusetto if you main hand kila+1?
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-19 09:27:43  
Asura.Tristean said:

You're not supposed to use Building flourish, you're supposed to WS then use Reverse flourish. If you're not in Abyssea you shouldn't be WSing in the first place.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 09:30:23  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Tristean said:

You're not supposed to use Building flourish, you're supposed to WS then use Reverse flourish. If you're not in Abyssea you shouldn't be WSing in the first place.

A friend was out DDing a DRG in abyssea the other day on DNC. Granted the DRG was just awful, but yeah... Kinda bad.
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 09:31:38  
I was saying dnc has access to which would boost the numbers I posted to be higher. Now that presto doesn't share a timer with steps, building flourish is much more accessible. You can now get back to 4-5 FM easily(depending on if you start with 4 or 5 FM) with presto. And for the record, I told my ls for that dyna run I was testing out tumbler trunks so only expect a Divine II from me when things get bad... otherwise I heal like a mofo.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 09:34:33  
Asura.Tristean said:
I was saying dnc has access to which would boost the numbers I posted to be higher.

38 dmg fusetto+1 < 95 dmg Keitonotachi+1 (both have WS dmg+10%)

the sheer massive difference in base weapon dmg is what really makes sam hit that much harder imho, honestly....

don't get me wrong...I'm not trying to mindlessly bash dnc... i friggin love dncs..but they are certainly not top tier DD like samurai are
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-19 09:35:25  
Asura.Tristean said:
I was saying dnc has access to which would boost the numbers I posted to be higher. Now that presto doesn't share a timer with steps, building flourish is much more accessible. You can now get back to 4-5 FM easily(depending on if you start with 4 or 5 FM) with presto. And for the record, I told my ls for that dyna run I was testing out tumbler trunks so only expect a Divine II from me when things get bad... otherwise I heal like a mofo.

How is it more accessible? It shares a timer with RF which is why you can't use it in the first place. It has nothing to do with steps, you can always do 2 steps per Flourish II timer. By using building you're missing out on potential TP gain that allows you to WS morely. :/ And I highly doubt BF's numbers out do RF's for WS unless you have merits, and you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER merit Building Flourish. Ever. Never ever.

Edit: Presto allows you to Violent Flourish at will, not Building Flourish.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 09:36:34  
But..I will give you this... if you had a lvl 85 Terpsichore.. I'd definitely consider dnc to be top tier DD, because that has "augments steps III" which to my understanding...would give you 5FM per step (dnc main gets 2 by itself I believe.. so +3 would be 5 per step)
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 09:37:11  
I'm not really the SAM expert but aren't those one or two hit WS's? Evisceration and Dancing Edge are 5 hit WS's. If a dnc focuses on DDing and not healing(meaning refreshing Saber Dance as often as possible), then they're numbers will be pretty high. Just like if a dnc focuses on healing, it can heal a whole alliance pretty well too with an assistant healer.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 09:39:00  
yukki, gekko, and kasha are all 1 hit WSs, which means they get a massive acc and att bonus tacked onto them as well, unlike multi-hit WS (which means you can stack a ***load of STR on each for their primary mod and not really be hurting for acc...V helm has 12 str and -20 acc and its still not that bad to use for sam's WS)
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 09:40:12  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Tristean said:
How is it more accessible? It shares a timer with RF which is why you can't use it in the first place. It has nothing to do with steps, you can always do 2 steps per Flourish II timer. By using building you're missing out on potential TP gain that allows you to WS morely. :/ And I highly doubt BF's numbers out do RF's for WS unless you have merits, and you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER merit Building Flourish. Ever. Never ever. Edit: Presto allows you to Violent Flourish at will, not Building Flourish.

Building Flourish's recast is only 15 secs. 7 secs of that is the actual WS. In the next 8 secs you can presto + step in no time at all. And who said I merited building flourish. Go look at my merits. I'm just saying if you want to use building flourish when NOT skillchaining, it's more of an agreeable idea than it was before.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-19 09:42:34  
Asura.Tristean said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Tristean said:
How is it more accessible? It shares a timer with RF which is why you can't use it in the first place. It has nothing to do with steps, you can always do 2 steps per Flourish II timer. By using building you're missing out on potential TP gain that allows you to WS morely. :/ And I highly doubt BF's numbers out do RF's for WS unless you have merits, and you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER merit Building Flourish. Ever. Never ever. Edit: Presto allows you to Violent Flourish at will, not Building Flourish.

Building Flourish's recast is only 15 secs. 7 secs of that is the actual WS. In the next 8 secs you can presto + step in no time at all. And who said I merited building flourish. Go look at my merits. I'm just saying if you want to use building flourish when NOT skillchaining, it's more of an agreeable idea than it was before.

Potentially worth using then, it's been a while since I've even considered using it. Still screwing over Violent Flourish though which most of the time is more worth using.
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 09:44:48  
At no point would I use building flourish if I was soloing NMs or fighting something that casts aga magic. Violent flourish ftw right?

Building flourish is good for when you want to mess around or if you are going for that DD aspect. It doesn't really hinder you anymore as fast as TP gain goes. And now that presto also increases step accuracy, you now have 4 step accuracy devices without meriting step accuracy.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-09-19 09:47:31  
yunalaysca said:
thats possible, and no af3 head gives 6% haste (which i would prefer over 5% dual wield anyways), but set augments samba, which means a stronger haste samba.

I'm not 100% sure but I think when they say augments they mean that it'll prolly just last longer. I could be wrong tho.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-19 09:48:25  
Asura.Tristean said:
At no point would I use building flourish if I was soloing NMs or fighting something that casts aga magic. Violent flourish ftw right?

Building flourish is good for when you want to mess around or if you are going for that DD aspect. It doesn't really hinder you anymore as fast as TP gain goes. And now that presto also increases step accuracy, you now have 4 step accuracy devices without meriting step accuracy.

I suppose. I'll have to test it and see if it really fits as snugly as you say. D:< Heal-DNC is kinda outdated now in Abyssea (/wrists) with healers getting 10/click refresh from Atma alone.

@Gil, I doubt anyone knows what it does yet. The old tiara was "Increases "Samba" duration" Which was specifically duration, so this is going to be something different. Who knows what it is though.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 09:49:36  
Seraph.Gilhaven said:
I'm not 100% sure but I think when they say augments they mean that it'll prolly just last longer. I could be wrong tho.

augment and enhance are synonyms so it could be potency+ or duration+. it just needs to be tested... one word being used over the other, doesn't determine the type of buff the JA/JT gets i'm pretty sure
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 09:50:38  
Well there's an atma that regain on it but I think it drops a NM in Konschtat... I'm not entirely sure about that though. But I do know there's a regain atma now.
Seraph.Gilhaven said:
yunalaysca said:
thats possible, and no af3 head gives 6% haste (which i would prefer over 5% dual wield anyways), but set augments samba, which means a stronger haste samba.

In her defense, Dancer's Tiara says Enhances Samba effect which increases samba duration. I'm assuing it's going to add a percentage to all the sambas effects. So maybe a 5% increase to haste samba :D
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-09-19 09:55:46  
Asura.Tristean said:
Well there's an atma that regain on it but I think it drops a NM in Konschtat... I'm not entirely sure about that though. But I do know there's a regain atma now.
Seraph.Gilhaven said:
yunalaysca said:

In her defense, Dancer's Tiara says Enhances Samba effect which increases samba duration. I'm assuing it's going to add a percentage to all the sambas effects. So maybe a 5% increase to haste samba :D

I have the regain atma, but it's more like mages literally keep full mp doing cures hastes and other things, and they don't have the timer restrictions DNC has. I know because I exp'd RDM and did all the hasting and curing and some crowd control and I was always at 900+ MP no matter what with 10/tick refresh from atma, then added on that is gear and refresh spell/convert(never used) etc. Oh and meds.... and martellos... and everything...
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 10:10:32  
Well... I get to be a mindless DD in abyssea now!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-09-19 13:34:23  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Not really sure what kind of fight lengths you're comparing. Yes a SAM quick 2hr zerg-thing will out-damage a MNK but that's about it :/ Nowadays anything SAM can do MNK can do better (MNK can do anything better than yooou~♪).

This, this, this. A properly geared Footwork MNK with OAThree H2H is *** ridiculous.
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 13:39:10  
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Not really sure what kind of fight lengths you're comparing. Yes a SAM quick 2hr zerg-thing will out-damage a MNK but that's about it :/ Nowadays anything SAM can do MNK can do better (MNK can do anything better than yooou~♪).

This, this, this. A properly geared Footwork MNK with OAThree H2H is *** ridiculous.

Punching beats footwork now though, as long as you have a weapon superior to the destroyers.
By Darkfalz 2010-09-19 13:55:47  
Id really like to see this in action, if anyone would be so kind as to upload a youtube vid :3.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 14:09:25  
Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

Punching beats footwork now though, as long as you have a weapon superior to the destroyers.

no it doesn't fli....the 2-3 ursines are still top obviously barring spharai lvl 85... footwork build beats it...in that last emergency maint they altered MA to not effect footwork as much if i'm not mistaken so you can still 5 hit /sam or some jazz
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 14:11:45  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

no it doesn't fli....the 2-3 ursines are still top obviously barring spharai lvl 85... footwork build beats it...in that last emergency maint they altered MA to not effect footwork as much if i'm not mistaken so you can still 5 hit /sam or some jazz

Where is the source on this?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/13872/lower-tp-return-85-footwork/

Is what I'm going from.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 14:13:06  
let me see if i can find it, i might be wrong...but gimme a few minutes
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 14:15:45  
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news19757.shtml

its towards the bottom

"An issue wherein the job trait 'Martial Arts' becomes active when the job ability 'Footwork' is used has been addressed"

and this post right on the POL site was dated the 15th
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 14:17:17  
Has BG done any testing to see if it's been nerfed at all?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-19 14:18:36  
lol dude wtf Fli...you didn't even read the entire thread..it was explained on page 2 of the same thread lulz
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15