フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Wild Fire
Wild Fire
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21
 Leviathan.Ashaaman
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ashaaman
By Leviathan.Ashaaman 2010-12-16 10:57:16  
Could you post your gear(if it's different than above) and which atma you're using? My LS just completed our 4th Empy and it happens to be the gun, and I'd like to get a bit of info for our now trigger happy amber-feeding COR.
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-16 12:26:16  
Leviathan.Ashaaman said:
Could you post your gear(if it's different than above) and which atma you're using? My LS just completed our 4th Empy and it happens to be the gun, and I'd like to get a bit of info for our now trigger happy amber-feeding COR.

Atmas are Smouldering Sky, Ultimate, and Lone Wolf.

Quick edit: There are superior hand options, and obviously the Head/Feet +2 would be better. I haven't been very active on Cor other than playing around with Atma combinations while farming High Crests lately, so my set is a bit behind the curve.
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-12-22 03:45:29  
You said Wildfire cannot make self darkness? Would you mind posting a screen shot of Wildfire >> Wildfire not creating Darkness skillchain? It's not at I don' believe you, I just think that'd be the meanest thing SE has ever done to COR and I need proof lol. Making sure I'm getting my time's worth before finishing bedlam trials.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-23 13:58:22  
Siren.Froggis said:
You said Wildfire cannot make self darkness? Would you mind posting a screen shot of Wildfire >> Wildfire not creating Darkness skillchain? It's not at I don' believe you, I just think that'd be the meanest thing SE has ever done to COR and I need proof lol. Making sure I'm getting my time's worth before finishing bedlam trials.

I don't have any screen shots from my previous testing, I was pretty disappointed at the time and it didn't occur to me. That said, I have been told by other Wildfire Corsair's who've asked me for gear advice that it has worked after the last version update.

I'm pretty busy atm with new content stuff and thus mainly on War, but when I get enough time and opportunity to get on Cor against something that won't crumple under two shots I'll retest it and post my results.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-23 14:37:58  
How long did it take you to get your Bedlam +1? I haven't gotten the chance to get any coins from my linkshell's WoE runs, and I almost always have to go on SAM, so there's usually not much of a chance of getting a Rank Chest. The one time I went on COR, I did get a #3 Chest, but alas, it was filled with only Staff trial coins ._.

With how uncommon the coins are, I'm considering just doing a Armeggedon.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-23 16:50:16  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
How long did it take you to get your Bedlam +1? I haven't gotten the chance to get any coins from my linkshell's WoE runs, and I almost always have to go on SAM, so there's usually not much of a chance of getting a Rank Chest. The one time I went on COR, I did get a #3 Chest, but alas, it was filled with only Staff trial coins ._.

With how uncommon the coins are, I'm considering just doing a Armeggedon.

Took about a month to get the coins I needed for Fudo Wildfire and Ukkos. I have enough extras to do 2 more extra weapons, but there's nothing I really feel like going for atm. Once I finished Bedlam, getting the rest was easy as I regularly placed first regardless of how many people were there or how often I died.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-23 19:50:33  
Asura.Solara said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
How long did it take you to get your Bedlam +1? I haven't gotten the chance to get any coins from my linkshell's WoE runs, and I almost always have to go on SAM, so there's usually not much of a chance of getting a Rank Chest. The one time I went on COR, I did get a #3 Chest, but alas, it was filled with only Staff trial coins ._. With how uncommon the coins are, I'm considering just doing a Armeggedon.
Took about a month to get the coins I needed for Fudo Wildfire and Ukkos. I have enough extras to do 2 more extra weapons, but there's nothing I really feel like going for atm. Once I finished Bedlam, getting the rest was easy as I regularly placed first regardless of how many people were there or how often I died.
Hah, word. Which Conflux did you usually do?
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-23 19:59:27  
got 30 birth in 4 days :D just spammed 1/2/3 from when i got off work until I had to pass out, got 3 pouches out of 2 and singles from 1/3.. just gotta be friendly and dont hesitate to be the sacker
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-23 20:01:35  
Also. I only got to try wildfire > wing> wildfire once this morning against mikey but I r0'd at the 2nd shot.. no idea if it skillchained but it seems like it did more damage than it should have without a skillchain.. 2 unbuffed wildfire dropped it to 65%ish by the time my connection fixed and i died
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-23 20:05:26  

my highest yesterday with terrible gears and baying moon+beyond+dragonrider or someshit
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-23 20:08:51  
It was casting at the time...
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-23 20:11:34  
does that matter? i dont know how ephemerals work lol
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-12-23 20:12:18  
Asura.Matzilla said:
does that matter? i dont know how ephemerals work lol
You mean murexes.

lol
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-23 20:15:07  
k well outside of those my best was like 4600 no screenshots though :(

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-23 20:15:51  
And yes it does matter. THey take +50% dmg then. Though they tend to have slightly higher int than most mobs so generally more like 40ish% more magic dmg than you'd do on another mob
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-23 20:18:31  
I SEE, well if i can get another wing today I'll try wildfire>wildfire again

also got smouldering sky and af3+1 hat today so damage should be going upupupup!
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-23 20:28:40  
gnarled horn vs 30mab atma?
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-23 20:50:52  
wrong pic
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-23 21:21:30  
Asura.Matzilla said:
I think Gnarled Horn would win, with them both being similar in effectiveness. That's what I got from what Solara said at least, with the Sveltesse Gouriz vs Aquiline example.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-23 21:38:22  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
I think Gnarled Horn would win, with them both being similar in effectiveness. That's what I got from what Solara said at least, with the Sveltesse Gouriz vs Aquiline example.

alrighty then '-')/

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-23 21:51:38  
You could do some quick math... I could too if I knew what other atmas, gear, rolls and cruor buffs you had you had. I think the formula is on here so wouldn't be too hard to just plug and chug. At a rough guess I'd use 80-90 int for most xp mobs and more like 110ish for murexes. Though don't really need to have exact value to compare things like that usually since it usually take s abit to change the ratio of stat to mab
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-23 21:53:29  
Asura.Solara said:
Reposting Kirshy's take on it from BG.
Kirshy said:
"Nailed down the exact mods with Yin. Was my fault it took so long, I wasn't used to WS calculations that involved a second term. Also the ftp is 5.5, not 5.0. [floor(5.5 * (Lv + 2 + floor(@ * floor(AGI * .6))))] + [2 * (Your AGI-Enemy INT)] @ is currently .85, but might change next update~ Also since part of the damage is unrelated to fTP, and the fact fTP is so high, gorget is mostly useless for the WS. Big thanks to Yin for WSing mobs for over an hour so we could figure it out~ EDIT: On the discussion of AGI vs MAB, here is an estimated calculation for damage. It's not 100% accurate, but you can plug in the numbers to give you an estimate on damage and figure out which is better: (478.5 + 4.8*AGI - 2*Enemy's INT)*MAB
I've been on Rdm all evening, so I haven't had a chance to play around on Cor or post more pics. Will get to it later.
This^ I'd punch in some numbers but I'm lazy.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-23 21:58:21  
maybe i just blink the skillchains every single time, loaded blinkmenot to try to see
 Asura.Antaress
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2010-12-24 01:17:55  
wildfire > wildfire does darkness yup, in case people are still wondering.. can also do a third wildfire and double darkness, with a couple quick draws and a XI on tactician's with body+2 on,lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-24 01:22:30  
Asura.Matzilla said:
maybe i just blink the skillchains every single time, loaded blinkmenot to try to see
This is actually the sole reason I want to use blink me not lol
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-24 01:44:55  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
This is actually the sole reason I want to use blink me not lol

lol I just redownloaded it tonight just to see.. glad to see 3-4k darkness after catastrophes

still very wary of shooting my last couple oberons bullets lol lack of visible gearswaps is unnerving!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-27 16:30:29  
Asura.Antaress said:
wildfire > wildfire does darkness yup, in case people are still wondering.. can also do a third wildfire and double darkness, with a couple quick draws and a XI on tactician's with body+2 on,lol
10 regain from atmas could help too ;)

And screenshot as promised

Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-27 16:33:14  
was that on rng? @_@
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-27 16:34:27  
Asura.Matzilla said:
was that on rng? @_@
Yeah... I was naked except gun and ammo though. Just got and wanted to see if it did skillchain
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-12-27 16:42:17  
are you sure about being able to darkness twice in 3 ws solo? i don't think you can infinitely do level 3 SC's with yourself like that.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21