フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Wild Fire
Wild Fire
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-13 15:25:56  
Does anybody know how high MAB augment can go on Blood Gauntlets? I've personally only ever gotten +1 MAB. Those might be best if it's a decent number, no?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-13 15:33:10  
Haven't seen any report about mab on w hands, but unless it's something like 5 or more it can't beat Alruna or Thaumas. Though they can get some nice snapshot and marks skill for tp.
 Leviathan.Agetos
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Agetos 2012-05-13 15:33:50  
No clue, but even if it went up to 3-4 it still wouldn't beat alruna's for wildfire, it would need to be at minimum 4.5 or higher MaB for it to out damage alruna's.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-05-13 15:38:53  
Wyrmal Hands forced HQ is Snapshot, and I don't believe MAB is even among the common appearing additional augments. You'd be extremely hard-pressed to get a worthwhile MAB value on them. Not worth your time in the slightest,
[+]
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-05-13 16:25:48  
i got a couple questions. I just Got my arma the other day and am very impressed by it thus far but id like to push it more. I dont got access to provinance yet so am wondering if anyone can name some of the better body armors for WF. I currently use lokki body but was considering ACP one with maybe MAB and Mag crit?

also i saw earlyer someone mentioned MAB on w. legs augments.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-13 16:28:10  
Mab on w legs is very rare, but it's reported that it can go as high as +6(I spent millions on tatters and not a single mab was given..)

As for bodies: Tessera > Athos/Khepri > Loki > Mirke. Mind you WF can't crit and QD recast on Mirke is one of the musthave pieces for a cor, so I'd still make it QD/mab.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-05-13 16:29:19  
You're a COR... ACP body is always 4MAB/-5QD recast.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-05-13 16:46:36  
Mmmk thanks you 2, i wasnt aware the acp body had -5 gq recast. Thats freakin awesome. I am currently on my way to redo it now lol.
Supppose ill stick to lokki's till i get access to provinance or get lucky on rex.

Also guess ill go denalli or af3+2 pants till later also.
 Phoenix.Chomeymatt
By Phoenix.Chomeymatt 2012-05-13 16:47:18  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Wyrmal Hands forced HQ is Snapshot, and I don't believe MAB is even among the common appearing additional augments. You'd be extremely hard-pressed to get a worthwhile MAB value on them. Not worth your time in the slightest,

MAB is a random augment, so you wouldn't be seeing it until like the 500th try, let alone getting 5 MATK needed to beat Thaumas. The Thaumas set is pretty neat since some/if not all are good for both Last Stand and Wildfire.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-14 03:05:05  
Well I got MAB+1 Chom and I've only done about 15 tatters tops lol. But that's just it, that's the highest I've ever seen, was a meager 1. Ok. Looks like I'll have to get Thaumas then in the future. Still need to build the gun but i'm moreso just doing my research now.
 Leviathan.Brook
user: shanks
By Leviathan.Brook 2012-05-18 06:47:06  
rings MAB+3 each
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-18 07:05:28  
There isn't much to add to the topic anymore, ideal set requires 4/5 Thaumas and stormsoul rings. Karin obi if possible.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-18 08:14:34  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
There isn't much to add to the topic anymore, ideal set requires 4/5 Thaumas and stormsoul rings. Karin obi if possible.

Look right?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-18 08:26:58  
Cerberus.Taint said: »

Look right?

AGI+2 grip.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-05-18 08:28:14  
Sveltesse Gouriz/Obi > Aquiline.

I'd actually stick with the Elder Grip because it gives more of a boost to your Fire Shot and you leave it on full time anyhow. Though in the grand scheme fully mathed out, not sure which comes out ahead.

Either way, the difference is obscenely minimal, I'm sure. Probably the same for Gouriz<>Aquiline.
 Leviathan.Brook
user: shanks
By Leviathan.Brook 2012-05-18 08:55:02  
you talking about WF or last stand?

nvm from the obi i guess WF but how come Agi over MAB :o Agi is better?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-05-18 09:03:26  
Leviathan.Brook said: »
you talking about WF or last stand? nvm from the obi i guess WF but how come Agi over MAB :o Agi is better?

There's some variation depending on your target and buffs, but in most situations if AGI:MAB is great than 2:1, use AGI.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-18 09:06:08  
This is a WF thread so..

If agi is more than doble the amount of mab then it wins, same reason why Elder grip is better. This is a quick rule to judge equipment, however on different mobs the setup may in theory need changes too since enemy's int plays a role in calculating damage.

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Either way, the difference is obscenely minimal, I'm sure. Probably the same for Gouriz<>Aquiline.
This is also true, when the difference is so small we're really just being perfectionists.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-05-19 21:14:04  
This is a WF thread so..

If agi is more than doble the amount of mab then it wins, same reason why Elder grip is better. This is a quick rule to judge equipment, however on different mobs the setup may in theory need changes too since enemy's int plays a role in calculating damage.

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
This is also true, when the difference is so small we're really just being perfectionists.

MAB+1 and AGI+2 are pretty similar for WF, one can be higher than another depending on your current AGI/MAB. There are times old Loki beats Mirke, and vice versa, and Loki v.s Mirke is 4 MAB v.s 6 AGI.

Using elder is really just because it also boosts fire shot, but for WF it doesn't always win, the difference is very, very small though, and not worth the pain to find out which one is better on different situations.

And optimal WF set already posted in COR 101 thread, I felt ignored that nobody reads it T_T
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-20 04:17:59  
I always forget there's agi on Mirke too.

Also let me point out that I say it's a rule of thumb and not to be taken 100% of the time. However on average at equal mab/agi values(1:2)you're most likely better off with mab as you're going to have less of that compared to agi. Then different mobs, different sets, etc.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
By Otomis 2012-07-11 19:33:21  
(478.5 + 4.8*AGI - 2*Enemy's INT)*MAB

does this equation stand true?

Thaumas looks amazing!

I used this and found that over all the large agi inc boost a lot more damage then the MAB on items of the same slot can account for. Not tested, just calculated.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-12 04:21:44  
Wildfire formula, gearsets, etc.
By Otomis 2012-07-12 05:11:15  
Thanks (*^.^*)
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2012-07-15 16:58:28  
By the way, I'm pretty sure you can't crit QD either.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-07-15 17:23:29  
Quetzalcoatl.Suteru said: »
By the way, I'm pretty sure you can't crit QD either.

Positive you can't.
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2012-07-31 13:42:39  
I just won Tessera Saio from GGG, I am just curious: am I a dumbass for choosing it over a Khepri Jacket? Since the latter can be augmented with WSD+%
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-31 13:50:12  
We didn't know about the jacket augment till people won it in the lottery. But yes, Khepri beats Saio.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-07-31 13:50:59  
Quetzalcoatl.Suteru said: »
I just won Tessera Saio from GGG, I am just curious: am I a dumbass for choosing it over a Khepri Jacket? Since the latter can be augmented with WSD+%

Would have to do the math. Gut says they'd be pretty close. But Eyeballing gets you nowhere.
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2012-07-31 13:51:48  
Oh well.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-07-31 13:52:24  
We didn't know about the jacket augment till people won it in the lottery. But yes, Khepri beats Saio.

Also, this.

Yet another failing by SE. Don't bother telling us what's possible and make an informed decision.

Let us twist in the wind!

Edit: Also, I'd take either right now, as I'm still using Loki's.

Go self-fornicate, Botulus, Prov Watcher and Legion.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21