フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Wild Fire
Wild Fire
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-17 07:28:42  
Save TP will stack.

The only thing that will change what atmacites we use on COR is that we're getting another Periapt of Emergence.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-17 07:28:59  
It won't stack

Edit: Referring to WS+SaveTP, might have jumped in too soon
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-17 07:31:04  
....yes it will.

Just like Conserve MP+ stacks with Conserve MP+
Conserve TP+ stacks with conserve TP+

SaveTP+20 and Save TP+25 will still give you Save TP+45, it just won't add it to your WS return, instead it will treat it as a minimum.

The whole point of them changing it is to make Save TP useless unless you have a large amount of it, just like virtually every stat in the game.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-17 07:34:02  
Also because they only want SAM to be able to abuse Save TP.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-17 07:43:37  
I wonder if this will update will fix Conserve TP not working with Save TP.

Edit: Probably not, because SAM doesn't get Conserve TP.
By Snoctopus 2012-03-23 07:46:11  
I've tried searching a few sites as well as the various Wildfire threads in this forum, and the information that I've gotten seems to vary between posters. So basically...

Does the Magic Accuracy stat affect Wildfire's resist rate, or is AGI the only stat affecting the resist rate of the weapon skill?
 Sylph.Agentblade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2012-04-01 14:13:43  
Snoctopus said: »
I've tried searching a few sites as well as the various Wildfire threads in this forum, and the information that I've gotten seems to vary between posters. So basically...

Does the Magic Accuracy stat affect Wildfire's resist rate, or is AGI the only stat affecting the resist rate of the weapon skill?

As far as I know, AGI helps with resist rates.Not sure about Macc and have asked/researched that question before myself and came up only with AGI helping on resist. Keep in Mind that most mobs with high MDB WF will not put out good numbers even with stacked AGI. This is where Last Stand truely shines.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-04-13 16:29:19  
Would Thaumas Gloves (assuming gloves are 4th piece for a total of 13 AGI) or Athos's Gloves be better on days where Athos is benefiting from the day bonus?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-14 04:39:29  
I don't have Thaumas(QQ), but considering that Athos gloves increase is rather minimal even compared to Alruna, I'm fairly certain that the +13 from Thaumas would win.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-04-14 05:16:17  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Would Thaumas Gloves (assuming gloves are 4th piece for a total of 13 AGI) or Athos's Gloves be better on days where Athos is benefiting from the day bonus?

Yeah, Thaumas 4/5 with Tessera Saio would beat anything really.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-05-09 22:34:35  
Hi there, starting to build my armageddon and I want to be prepared for when it is complete. This is the set I think would work:

I just bought the cape because I don't see anything else that could be better.

90% positive that's the best head.

As for hands I've seen Alruna's and those quick draw ones, but how do Athos's fare with the added int and occasionally getting ftp bonus?

Aquiline still the best belt?

What body to use if no ACP or athos's?

Unsure which grip to use, 2agi vs fire acc. Also can wildfire magic crit? Maybe that +3 magic crit one would work but I'm not sure.

And any other corrections you can think of. Thank you.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-09 22:37:50  
Mael, Body: Tessera Saio from Providence. Head: Thaumas I think has 6 MAB and 14 agi. Grip: I'd say elder's because it has 1 MAB 1 M.acc. Legs: Probably denali? 3 MAB > 7 agi, no? And denali also have M.acc+3 I believe, so I think they might be better (but not 100%).
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-05-10 00:42:16  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Mael, Body: Tessera Saio from Providence. Head: Thaumas I think has 6 MAB and 14 agi. Grip: I'd say elder's because it has 1 MAB 1 M.acc. Legs: Probably denali? 3 MAB > 7 agi, no? And denali also have M.acc+3 I believe, so I think they might be better (but not 100%).

It is being discussed/posted on same page...............

Nyzul F100 head/hands/legs/feet + T.saio is the best.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-10 04:55:36  
Considering the difficulty of obtaining Tessera and Thaumas gear, which is however the best combo: Athos gloves only on earth/darksday, otherwise Alruna, if you want inventory+1, then just stick to alruna. For body Loki is the best till you get either Athos, Thaumas or Tessera, so keep that for now. Best belt is Sveltesse gouriz, unless you can use Fire obi due to day/weather/storm, the obi is another inventory-1, but it's worth it. As for grip, Wise doesn't work, Fire is not needed, the best would be Elder but it's rare to get one, so Reaver+1 if you don't need Rose strap. The rest is ok.

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Legs: Probably denali? 3 MAB > 7 agi, no? And denali also have M.acc+3 I believe, so I think they might be better (but not 100%).
Thaumas>W legs with mab+6>Ambusher>Denali/Desultor tassets with mab+4>Navarch.
 Bahamut.Havelock
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2012-05-10 06:34:24  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
For body Loki is the best till you get either Athos, Thaumas or Tessera, so keep that for now.
Thaumas body even if 5/5 gives 5 agi only, better to keep Loki. Thaumas feet only beats AF3+2 if you got 4/5 pieces. Most important piece of Thaumas is head... want it badly.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-05-10 07:15:13  
So much Nyzul gear needed. So terrible trying to get it.

My static is horrible about actually meeting and going, and on top of it we've had terrible luck on floor jumps thusfar.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-10 07:18:51  
Bahamut.Havelock said: »
For body Loki is the best till you get either Athos, Thaumas or Tessera, so keep that for now.
Thaumas body even if 5/5 gives 5 agi only, better to keep Loki. Thaumas feet only beats AF3+2 if you got 4/5 pieces. Most important piece of Thaumas is head... want it badly.
Legs, hands and feet are a combo, head is good even on its own(but if you can get one, then you should be able to get all the others too).

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
So much Nyzul gear needed. So terrible trying to get it.

My static is horrible about actually meeting and going, and on top of it we've had terrible luck on floor jumps thusfar.
I don't even have a static! So jelly of people running around in full sets :<
 Bahamut.Havelock
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2012-05-10 07:21:20  
head is good even on its own best possible option
Fixed
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-05-10 07:34:11  
Quote:

I'm just angry with (most) of them. No desire to thread derail, there are plenty of Nyzul topics to read on this subject.

My static is also "sub-optimal" because we don't have "ZOMG SCH SCH DDx4!" Because god forbid you be allowed to do things more than one way in Tanaka's world.

We'll get there eventually.

Until then I'm stuck having "optimal gear minus Nyzul...and VW, which hates me like a red-headed stepchild."
[+]
 Leviathan.Agetos
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Agetos 2012-05-12 14:10:20  
So i just recently got my moon shade earring, and i put MaB4 and Occ. grants dmg. bonus based on top +5%. I haven't been able to thoroughly test it, but the dmg bonus should proc for wildfire shouldn't it? it's not pertaining only to physical dmg but any type of general dmg. Can anyone confirm what I'm thinking or should i stick with Hecate/Novio?

This is what i'm currently using, i manage to hit 8-9k on dhamels in abby-altepa, and over 9k on firesday. wondering if i just stick with hecate's i can do more dmg because my moonshade might not be proc'ing for me.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-12 14:33:18  
If you want to do an earring that works for cor I highly suggest you ratk/tp bonus, or even just tp bonus and atk for another job, cause it gives a huge bonus to Last stand, and you can still pair Novio/Hecate for WF whose tp is irrelevant.
 Leviathan.Agetos
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Agetos 2012-05-12 14:41:03  
Ahhhh I didn't think of that. Yeah i was trying to get augs on my earring that could work for multiple sets, my ranged tp set already has racc+100 so i figure'd i'd be better off trying to work it in for my ws as well with the dmg bonus. Thanks for the advice, i'll go reaug my earring later today for my last stand set. and once i get a couple pieces from that damn Thaumas set i know i'll be breaking 10k >;)
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-05-12 15:29:27  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

I'm just angry with (most) of them. No desire to thread derail, there are plenty of Nyzul topics to read on this subject.

My static is also "sub-optimal" because we don't have "ZOMG SCH SCH DDx4!" Because god forbid you be allowed to do things more than one way in Tanaka's world.

We'll get there eventually.

Until then I'm stuck having "optimal gear minus Nyzul...and VW, which hates me like a red-headed stepchild."

Edit: It's rather pointless to engage someone when I'm minutes away from leaving for work for several hours.

Long story short: you're really just wasting peoples' time by refusing to adapt to whatever specialization a particular event requires.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-05-12 17:00:11  
Quote:
Long story short: you're really just wasting peoples' time by refusing to adapt to whatever specialization a particular event requires.

What do you do for a job? Stand around poking beehives and giggling to yourself? I swear to Christ you exist just to find things people have said on the forum and find ways to refute them.

I do my best to USE the accepted specialized strategy, and based on what you've said in other threads I'm fairly certain you've already reviewed my gear and jobs. I think you're aware I'm fairly competent in both categories. However, I have a very limited amount of times where I can work Nyzul into my schedule and the list of people I know who can go with me is duly limited. The particular required specialization is not always availale to me.

I'll get it done however I can if I can. But it's been rough trying to make it happen so far. So I grumble a little about the fact that my opinion is that it's really not a very good system when it's only really "doable" in one set fashion.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-12 17:04:12  
I actually used to keep bees, Ramy! It was fun and rewarding, also, mead!
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-05-12 17:48:31  
But that's just like, your opinion, man.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-05-12 18:15:27  
There's just this line of thinking around this forum sometimes that FFXI is this bubble where you always have the ideal gear, setup, etc.

Sometimes you've got to run with what's available and it just grates a bit that a balanced group of competent players playing jobs they've dedicated years to getting right can't just go and get something done.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-05-12 18:21:39  
Actually, some of us are perfect all of the time.

/hairflip
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-12 18:27:42  
I can understand that frustration, but in retrospect, most FFXI content has been somewhat diversophobic, except for Dd flexibility, and as for recent content, Abyssea and to a lesser extent, Voidwatch, don't even boast much of that.

I initially tried to push my loved jobs on Nyzul, but as it drew on, I realized I'd just need to level SCH, take one for the team, because it would be the limiting factor for Nyzul runs.

I ended up liking SCH, though, so it's not a decision I regret.

That aside, there's also a degree of "warming up" to do for neo-Nyzul, even with great groups. I know the people you run with and I'm sure you'll get it done. Keep your chin up!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21